Pool balls set recommendations

wazowski

Hey there!
I'm new here, I hope you're doing well!
I play pool for 4 years. I've ordered a billiard table and (I hope) it'll be delivered in a week. I need your recommendations for the pool balls set because I don't savvy too much. What should I draw attention to? What set is the best for you and why? Currently, I choose from this list. My budget is $150-200.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey there!
I play pool for 4 years. I've ordered a billiard table and (I hope) it'll be delivered in a week. I need your recommendations for the pool balls set because I don't savvy too much. What should I draw attention to? What set is the best for you and why? My budget is $150-200.
Thanks in advance!
If getting new these will fit your budget: https://www.seyberts.com/pool-ball-sets/aramith-premium-pool-ball-set/ Or look for good set of used Aramith Tournament or Centennials.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
The set that garczar has provided the link is a fine set. In your price range it would be hard to find a better set of pool balls. Let us know how you like your new table.

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you're looking to buy new, I'd try to find a set of Cyclop balls if I were in your shoes, they give you the best bang for your buck.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey there!
I play pool for 4 years. I've ordered a billiard table and (I hope) it'll be delivered in a week. I need your recommendations for the pool balls set because I don't savvy too much. What should I draw attention to? What set is the best for you and why? My budget is $150-200.
Thanks in advance!

Welcome to AZB, wazowski.

I would draw your attention to the Aramith line of ball sets due to three things primarily:

1) highest proven quality and durability. Period. Flawless play and performance.
2) used around the world in more homes, leagues and tournaments than any other ball set with classic ball designs.
3) easy to maintain and stay looking like new for a lifetime with easy care.

Which then comes down to specific ball sets in your price range.

The Crown Standards, Premiums and Premiers.

d7c324efa1a25ffcc67fbd718540e482.plist
40bc3dc8a33d8f3cbeed8a48d8711fdc.plist

From the official Aramith site:

618f84300f9a477be14b26cbe2273678.plist
e733c2386f85834abe907bde15d1eb9d.plist

Now it’s up to you to choose which design you like best and what is available to you - hope that helps

63d5a17a8b3974f741fcf03f6e5d29cb.jpg

Oh - make SURE to get this product to keep them cleaned for a lifetime of perfect play:

f5f855412ab6b69f20c4a82bfbd26ed8.jpg

~K.

Last edited:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
My set is second hand, chipped, but gthe still roll good. Some of gthe Ball made in China are good some car junk. If I was buying a new set it would be cheap Aramith.

RichB82

Thanks for posting that K2! I bought the Standards a few months ago as I'm a lower level player and couldn't justify spending the extra for the higher level balls, and seeing that the only difference between Premium and Standard is the number placement on the stripes, it looks like I made the right choice. I'd have kicked myself if I found out I spent another 70 bucks just for different number placement lol.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for posting that K2! I bought the Standards a few months ago as I'm a lower level player and couldn't justify spending the extra for the higher level balls, and seeing that the only difference between Premium and Standard is the number placement on the stripes, it looks like I made the right choice. I'd have kicked myself if I found out I spent another 70 bucks just for different number placement lol.
Its more than just number placement. Each step up up in Aramith balls is a better phenolic blend. Nothing to worry about, even their "starter" set is of very high quality. The more expensive balls are generally better at resisting burn marks on cloth and also stay a bit cleaner. They also tend to be better weight/size matched.

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey there!
Thanks in advance!
If you're in a situation where kids might be playing on the table, you might consider also getting a very cheap set such as these:

CropperCapture[476].png

$20 delivered to your house. There are, of course, a couple of catches.

These are made by a company that is consciously ripping off Aramith. The box design is exactly like the design Aramith used to use. The font for the numbers is just like a font Aramith first used. Similar rip-off balls have been known break in half -- the rule is that if most of the ball goes in the pocket, it counts.:thumbup:

But these might be just the thing for the kids to play with and they are better than the set I learned with. Also, it might be a good idea to use these balls first on the table to see if there are any problems in the pockets. A student of mine had a new table and several of the balls had nicks and scratches. It turned out that the installer left a number of exposed tack heads in the pockets. If that is a problem, it's better to learn it on the kids' set.

I got a set of these cheapies for DIY projects like mounting one on a tripod for a banking/spot-on-the-wall target and screwing two together for the "Siamese twins" trick shot.

Last edited:

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey there!
Thanks in advance!
This is a thread topic that seems to repeat itself every month or even more often. If the interested party simply uses the forum search option and types in their topic, they can find out more than enough information from posts from previous identical threads in order to make an informed decision about what ball set to purchase, without having to wait for new responses.

Alexequith

If you're in a situation where kids might be playing on the table, you might consider also getting a very cheap set such as these:

View attachment 543086

These are made by a company that is consciously ripping off Aramith. The box design is exactly like the design Aramith used to use. The font for the numbers is just like a font Aramith first used. Similar rip-off balls have been known break in half -- the rule is that if most of the ball goes in the pocket, it counts.:thumbup:

But these might be just the thing for the kids to play with and they are better than the set I learned with. Also, it might be a good idea to use these balls first on the table to see if there are any problems in the pockets. A student of mine had a new table and several of the balls had nicks and scratches. It turned out that the installer left a number of exposed tack heads in the pockets. If that is a problem, it's better to learn it on the kids' set.

I got a set of these cheapies for DIY projects like mounting one on a tripod for a banking/spot-on-the-wall target and screwing two together for the "Siamese twins" trick shot.

I love these cheap balls. I let the kids use these. Screwed up my good one once. Never again.

BadEnglish

Registered
I got a set of Aramith Premium and have been happy with them. I let the kids use them, too. Hopefully they won't destroy them, but we'll see.

white1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought the cheap set aramith crown

Thinking I would hate them, but they are plenty good.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

View attachment 543086

One of the Senior Communities have these ball set, Mr. Jewett Recomendaded, as a price point set. I have played there several time,as friend live there. The roll ok, have no problems. So they are like a KIA. Will get you back & forth to work on a budget.