USPPA Customer Input Policy

Vicki

Mrs. Capone
Silver Member
Maybe it's just me...

First, here is a "Managing Partner" encouraging us to give OUR input. Input, on what I'm not sure because he has not offered any information about what "Programs" are offered or what "Programs" are being considered. Then, to really cause us to shake our heads, he demands that our solicited input come in a particular format. Then, to really top it all off, he says, in an official press release, no less, that any solicited advice we offer without including our name AND contact information will be disregarded, like ducks farting!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME TONI ANNIGONI? This wreaks of incompentence.

First of all, if you are a "Managing Partner" you don't go to the general public in a press release and ask for advice. If you are a real manager you should know and understand your customers needs and wants.

This would be like going into the medical fieldand then mailing the general public to ask what kind of medicine you should practice. Oh, and by the way future customers, if you don't give me advice my way, in my format then I am going to treat you like a duck farting - underwater, no less.

How about something sorta professional like a survey? Like taking a sample of your members and sending them something that says this:

On a scale of 1-10, one being "I'm not interested" and ten being "Sign me up!" How interested are you in the following: then list your "programs" or ideas.

Here it is... enjoy!

The Management of The United States Pool Player's Association would like to encourage all Members as well as prospective Members to share their input regarding our Programs or Programs they would like to see. As a result, we would like to Outline the following Policy regarding fielding that input:

Please be advised all interested parites are encouraged to email me at tony@poolhall.com. Included in your message should be specific issues that you are willing to have discussed in a public forum. In addtion, any and all concerns or suggestions should have an implementation or suggested solution included.

On a personal note, I would like to advise Any and All Respondents that Anonymous Complaints should be treated as if they were Ducks Farting under Water. Anyone responding must be willing to have their emails or comments made public or should conserve their energy for practicing their pool game.

Regards

Tony Annigoni

Managing Partner, USPPA
Principal, Two Cushion Club
Principal, Couture Events & Couture Marketing

Jimmy M.

Insomniac
Silver Member
Vicki said:
Then, to really top it all off, he says, in an official press release, no less, that any solicited advice we offer without including our name AND contact information will be disregarded, like ducks farting!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME TONI ANNIGONI? This wreaks of incompentence.

Actually, he said that Anonymous Complaints would be disregarded, not anonymous advice. Maybe the choice of words wasn't the most professional, but if you're going to bitch about something, I don't see anything wrong with including your identity.

kokopuffs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He's just asking what we (regular) players would like to see. No harm in that. And as an occasional chiropractor, I do sollicit such information from my patients and non-patients alike with the intention of improving both my communication skills and services. :cool:

Last edited:

Tom In Cincy

AKA SactownTom
Silver Member
I don't see anything wrong with asking for feedback. Even your post has some value. Feedback is very important in any business. Unless you're the government.

Tony's efforts to bring the USPPA to a higher level has to have help. If you are not willing to help, please don't stand in the way.

Gripes and bitches are not part of helping, unless they're accompanied with suggestions about how to get rid of them.

Then again, if you think the USPPA is perfect, and Tony Stinks.. that is just an opinion.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
USPPA Input

Tony, you've done it again. Tried to find ways to make things better for the players, promoters, hosts, etc. involved in the USPPA. Actually, every one involved in the game. Like all players, I've got bitches. Want my real name attached to my bitch? You bet. Who do you respond to without a name? Want me to suggest a solution to my bitch? What a unique concept!

Tony, you folks have one of the best programs out there right now! I try very hard to avoid handicap tournaments because the "spots" are never right. Yours are! I've read and re-read the information you gave me. If the recommendations are followed, every player will have a fair rating. No more whim of the room manager or owner. I wish some people way east of Nevada would adopt the USPPA standards. Keep up the great work!

Last edited:

Troy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not sure of the source of your quote. Please provide a reference to the press release as I'd like to read it in it's entirety. Also, you might want to peruse the USPPA web-site, www.usppa.com for additional information.

Good Management will always solicit input/feedback whether it be from members or customers or employees. That is a common method used to improve any operation.

Or, possibly you have simply had a bad experience and wish to vent.

Troy
Vicki said:
Maybe it's just me...

First, here is a "Managing Partner" encouraging us to give OUR input. Input, on what I'm not sure because he has not offered any information about what "Programs" are offered or what "Programs" are being considered. Then, to really cause us to shake our heads, he demands that our solicited input come in a particular format. Then, to really top it all off, he says, in an official press release, no less, that any solicited advice we offer without including our name AND contact information will be disregarded, like ducks farting!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME TONI ANNIGONI? This wreaks of incompentence.

First of all, if you are a "Managing Partner" you don't go to the general public in a press release and ask for advice. If you are a real manager you should know and understand your customers needs and wants.

This would be like going into the medical fieldand then mailing the general public to ask what kind of medicine you should practice. Oh, and by the way future customers, if you don't give me advice my way, in my format then I am going to treat you like a duck farting - underwater, no less.

How about something sorta professional like a survey? Like taking a sample of your members and sending them something that says this:

On a scale of 1-10, one being "I'm not interested" and ten being "Sign me up!" How interested are you in the following: then list your "programs" or ideas.

Here it is... enjoy!

The Management of The United States Pool Player's Association would like to encourage all Members as well as prospective Members to share their input regarding our Programs or Programs they would like to see. As a result, we would like to Outline the following Policy regarding fielding that input:

Please be advised all interested parites are encouraged to email me at tony@poolhall.com. Included in your message should be specific issues that you are willing to have discussed in a public forum. In addtion, any and all concerns or suggestions should have an implementation or suggested solution included.

On a personal note, I would like to advise Any and All Respondents that Anonymous Complaints should be treated as if they were Ducks Farting under Water. Anyone responding must be willing to have their emails or comments made public or should conserve their energy for practicing their pool game.

Regards

Tony Annigoni

Managing Partner, USPPA
Principal, Two Cushion Club
Principal, Couture Events & Couture Marketing

Last edited:

Rickw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Vicki,

Sorry to pile up on you, but I also think you're splitting hairs here. You may not like the way Tony worded his press release but I don't think there is anything wrong with his intent. It would be difficult to effect change if you don't have any way to inquire further about problems.

titanic

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
avoiding the issue as always

NO MATTER WHAT THE SITUATION IT SEEMS THE MODUS OPERANDI IS TO ATTACK IN SOME FASHION WHEN SOMEONE IS SO IGNORANT THEY CANNOT SEE THE MESSAGE!!!
WHICH PART OFFENDED YOU FOLKS ANYWAY? THE DUCK REMARK ?OR THE FACT THAT YOU WERE ACTUALLY PUT ON THE SPOT WITH WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEMS, WANTS ETC.?

WAKE UP WOULD YOU.....LAST SUNDAY I WITNESSED TONY ANNIGONI TRYING TO CREATE A FORUM AND A WAY OF HANDICAPPING STRAIGHT POOL TOURNAMENTS. I AM NOT GOING TO WASTE MY TIME TELLING YOU WHAT A GREAT GAME AND TIMES THERE WERE WHEN STRAIGHT POOL WAS THE GAME.
SITTING IN THE CHAIR WATCHING YOUR OPPONENT RUN 125 AND OUT WHILE YOU WERE SIPPING ON YOUR ICE WATER. TRY THAT ONE.
TAPPING THE FLOOR WITH THE BUTT OF YOUR CUE IN APPRECIATION FOR YOUR OPPONENT MAKING A GREAT SHOT.SHAKING HANDS AFTER A LOSS AND REALLY MEANING IT.
GO TO THE LIBRARY OR TALK TO SOME OLD TIMERS AND THEY CAN TELL YOU HOW POOL USED TO BE.
I HAVE SEEN MORE PEOPLE IN THIS SPORT JUST MILK IT FOR WHAT THEY CAN GET AND THEN ANNIGONI COMES ALONG TO DRAMATICALLY CHANGE IT FOR THE BETTER. WHAT DOES HE GET..... A LOT OF NEGATIVE CRAP!!!!!
TO THE GUY WHO THINKS WE SHOULD HAVE JUMP CUES BECAUSE GOLFERS HAVE NUMEROUS CLUBS WOULD YOU LIKE TO PLAY A SET WITH A PLAYER WHO HAS A SHORT BANK CUE, LONG BANK CUE, INTERMEDIATE BANK CUE, DRAW CUE, INSIDE ENGLISH CUE, FOLLOW CUE,OUTSIDE ENGLISH CUE, SNOOKERED CUE,SAFETY CUE, COMBINATION SHOT CUE, COULD HE HAVE A CADDY TO HELP HIM DETERMINE HOW TO SHOOT THE SHOT?
BE GREATFUL FOR WHAT YOU HAVE IN ANNIGONI......GIVE HIM THE SUPPORT HE NEEDS AND PUT ALL THAT NEGATIVITY BEHIND YOU.

TITANIC JERRY :eek:

jjinfla

Banned
I think Tony's point about people who just send in complaints to him and then don't sign the complaints just shows that they do not have the courage of their convictions. Or maybe they are afraid to let Tony know that they disagree with him. Be that as it may, many times problems pointed out in unsigned letters can be helpful.

But if people do send in unsigned complaints of problems and Tony wants clarrification from the writer, how can he contact them if they do not want to give their name?

Many times people send in letters of complaint to point out problems that they perceive. They know it is a problem, but do not have a solution to remedy it. Other times they point out the problem and submit a possible solution. So I wouldn't limit the complaints/suggestions to only ones that have solutions.

Actually, if I was trully looking for ideas on improving a system, I would leave the questionairre open ended. Accept all comments and then sort them in accordance to importance, quality, whatever. In all likelyhood the signed letters would be valued higher than the unsigned ones. But that does not mean that a good point submitted by someone who wanted to remain annonymous would be discarded out of hand. It would trully be a shame to receive a really good idea from someone who didn't sign the letter and then not be able to contact the person to get more information he has.

Jake

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
titanic said:
THEN ANNIGONI COMES ALONG TO DRAMATICALLY CHANGE IT FOR THE BETTER. WHAT DOES HE GET..... A LOT OF NEGATIVE CRAP!!!!!

TITANIC JERRY :eek:

Hey Titanic,

Thats the American way. Anytime someone has a better idea, others will bash it even if they figure out it is a great idea. Then they'll try to steal it! Tony is one dedicated guy. He, Henry and the others expect to get crap. Somewhere in that crap however will be a jewel. They concentrate on the search for the jewel.

I've tried to promote USPPA to some Upstate tournament directors. Their excuse for not trying it is; no player will sit in their chair and score for their opponent. I asked them to just try it a couple of times and see what the players think. The players are the ones grumbling about the "spots". Too much trouble. Let them grumble. The same guys promote BCA bar pool and the trip to Vegas once a year. USPPA has at least two big money tournaments in Reno plus the famous (infamous) "bonus". Worst of all, FAIR spots! Anyone can really win.

RunArak

Dead Account
Silver Member
Vicki,
Looks like you are on you own here. I must agree with the majority on this one. I am not offended by the "Ducks farting" comment and agree with the anonymous bit also. I do not get near the negativity out of the article that you did.
Go Tony, I wish you the best.

Joe Koontz....Never afraid to put his name with his complaints, or Praises..

Troy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With prior approval from Tony, I started to have the players keep their own score to speed thing up a bit. After a bit of grumbling, it worked out well. Yes, I know, the players may "cheat", but no more so than having their buddy keep score.

Troy
cardiac kid said:
.....I've tried to promote USPPA to some Upstate tournament directors. Their excuse for not trying it is; no player will sit in their chair and score for their opponent.....

nfty9er

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dont go overboard just yet with tony a.

Although Tony A. has done great things for the usppa and the game of pool he does have a dark side which is the reason for wanting all corresponce with signatures. It is a result of an incident a couple of months ago involving the usppa and complaints from a pool room owner. He took so much flak from that ,from anonymous people, via phone and e mail I imagine that is why he put out this press release. See the problem is Tony has a huge ego and does not like to be criticized so he takesitout on people and pool rooms in a vengefull way. In the case of this incident he punished a whole poolroomand usppa members for complaints the owner lodged, which by the way were legitimate, as the owner had the full support of all of the usppa. Tony just decided on his own to bar the room from the usppa. That is when the flack started and Tony finally relented and withdrew the ban. Tony has a great way with words and he is very charasmatic but if you criticize him you better cover your butt and stay anonymous cause he will try to get you. So if its a positive suggestion go ahead and sign if not stay in the closet. I woudnt trust him as far as I coulld throw him.

But he still is the best thing to happen to the USPPA.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Will the USPPA players ever be compensated?

USPPA's Tony has a history of mismanagement.

Looking back the signs are so obvious. But looking at what he was "trying to do" it makes sense that people let him take advantage of them.

Will the ABP suffer from the same problems? The decision process in the USPPA seemed to act democratic but really it was tyrannical. Though good leaders know when to recognize when changes are needed. How does the ABP plan to resolve an issue that divides a group of people when decision time ends?

Last edited:

cabilliardclub

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
99 players and no one was paid!!!!!!!

USPPA's Tony has a history of mismanagement.

Looking back the signs are so obvious. But looking at what he was "trying to do" it makes sense that people let him take advantage of them.

Will the ABP suffer from the same problems? The decision process in the USPPA seemed to act democratic but really it was tyrannical. Though good leaders know when to recognize when changes are needed. How does the ABP plan to resolve an issue that divides a group of people when decision time ends?

Tony had 99 faithfull USPPA members show to his tournament in reno, They paid their money and what did he do to show his thanks, TOOK THE MONEY AND MADE PROMISES TO PAY AND HAS PAID 0000000!!!!!!

Who cares what he publishes. He should be arrested for what he has done!!! Stop giving this guy a forum, he does not desserve it!!!!

kybill9

Banned
Anyone sticking up for Annigoni must be a criminal at heart. He cheated many players out of their tournament winnings. He is VENGEFUL. SPITEFUL. RESENTFUL. ANGRY. DECEITFUL. Signing criticism of anything to Tony is asking for trouble. No one knows more than Tony. No one has done more for pool than Tony. Tony is the greatest thing to ever happen to the usppa. Ask Tony.
Tony called the police on california billiards because chris called him out for cheating the players out of their money IN the Nevada tournament a year ago.
He cheated Chohan out of his bonus. He has ruined the usppa by his egotism. Most of you hide behind fake id's when posting so get off your high horse because someone doesn't want toni's retribution. Tony punished fast eddys in santa cruz because Dick called him on his shit. I sent Tony an anonymous letter after he did this because i know what a revengeful pos he can be. He punished 30 players at Fast Eddys because of an argument about the bathrooms.
Tony took an organization, the usppa, and ran it into the ground because of his ego.
He lets many people sandbag.
I could name ten people that have played (sandbagged) the system for years just in San Francisco and Mt View.
You stick up for Tony then I have no trust in your judgement. As a matter of fact, you have no judgement.
If you trust tony or side with him about anything, you have your head up your ass.
Kentucky
bill meyers:):)

purpdrag

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tony, you've done it again. Tried to find ways to make things better for the players, promoters, hosts, etc. involved in the USPPA. Actually, every one involved in the game. Like all players, I've got *****es. Want my real name attached to my *****? You bet. Who do you respond to without a name? Want me to suggest a solution to my *****? What a unique concept!

Tony, you folks have one of the best programs out there right now! I try very hard to avoid handicap tournaments because the "spots" are never right. Yours are! I've read and re-read the information you gave me. If the recommendations are followed, every player will have a fair rating. No more whim of the room manager or owner. I wish some people way east of Nevada would adopt the USPPA standards. Keep up the great work!

Have you read the "USPPA Reno players, did they get paid?" Sticky thread? Don't see how anybody could be saying anything good about this guy until he's cleared his past debts to tournament winners? I'm shocked that he is somehow still able to be involved in pool at all and very disappointed with anyone that supports him.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is an old thread. (2004) Justnum was having a little fun with you guys.

~rc

nfty9er

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How ironic

Tony had 99 faithfull USPPA members show to his tournament in reno, They paid their money and what did he do to show his thanks, TOOK THE MONEY AND MADE PROMISES TO PAY AND HAS PAID 0000000!!!!!!

Who cares what he publishes. He should be arrested for what he has done!!! Stop giving this guy a forum, he does not desserve it!!!!

Chris, the thread is 8 years old. But isn't ironic what I wrote 8 years ago about not trusting him. lol

nfty9er

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What?

Anyone sticking up for Annigoni must be a criminal at heart. He cheated many players out of their tournament winnings. He is VENGEFUL. SPITEFUL. RESENTFUL. ANGRY. DECEITFUL. Signing criticism of anything to Tony is asking for trouble. No one knows more than Tony. No one has done more for pool than Tony. Tony is the greatest thing to ever happen to the usppa. Ask Tony.
Tony called the police on california billiards because chris called him out for cheating the players out of their money IN the Nevada tournament a year ago.
He cheated Chohan out of his bonus. He has ruined the usppa by his egotism. Most of you hide behind fake id's when posting so get off your high horse because someone doesn't want toni's retribution. Tony punished fast eddys in santa cruz because Dick called him on his shit. I sent Tony an anonymous letter after he did this because i know what a revengeful pos he can be. He punished 30 players at Fast Eddys because of an argument about the bathrooms.
Tony took an organization, the usppa, and ran it into the ground because of his ego.
He lets many people sandbag.
I could name ten people that have played (sandbagged) the system for years just in San Francisco and Mt View.
You stick up for Tony then I have no trust in your judgement. As a matter of fact, you have no judgement.
If you trust tony or side with him about anything, you have your head up your ass.
Kentucky
bill meyers:):)

What are u talking about bathrooms? I have no clue with that. The problem with Tony was all about him giving special priveleges to certain people to qualify for Reno, et al(Chohan among others) that were not afforded people from Fast Eddy's, it had nothing to do with bathrooms that I know of.