cue sold & shipped to New York, no update from USPS.

Rudy likes poll

Rudy likes pool
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Hi ALL ~
I shipped a cue to New York on 12/19(USA time).
the buyer & i are both very anxious 'casue we did not see any update info since 12/19.
i called the airline and they confirmed the flight had arrived at the East coast.
can somebody help us on this ?
tks !

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 1,182
  • 456.jpg
    456.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 1,176
  • 789.jpg
    789.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 1,160

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
260   0   0
I had a cue come into the US a while back and it was in New York for 8 or 10 days before it was sent on to me. Over the last 3 weeks the usps has been behind, at least with the stuff I have sent out. I sent a shaft to Nevada and it took 8 days I think, supposedly all incoming mail to that state is delayed according to the post office. I also sent a cue to Ohio which is a neighboring state and it has taken longer than expected to arrive. December the 3rd I ordered stuff for Christmas and it showed up on the 16th.

madhatter44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I just had a cue shipped to me USPS 2nd day guaranteed from Texas. It was shipped on the 16 of December. I received it yesterday in New York.12/26. Tracking still showed that it was in Texas even after it was delivered.Give it time.
Good luck

ctran

You watch me.
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Holiday delay I guess.

Shipping ems from taiwan to US should take 5days, do the maths and it should have arrived in 24, so no one cared for it for a few days. I think its in customs now and they are on vacation lol.

If I were the buyer I would call USPS and ask for status. Their internal system should have more information than what your can see.

Shipping from taiwan is always a joy to track, it shows the flight number also and you can even check when the flight land and if there is any delay.

Dont worry your cue should arrive in a few days.

I have some thrilling experience with USPS and EMS, eventually all I learned is that they are very reliable in terms of getting your package delivered.

Enjoy the holidays.

ShootPool1967

AzBilliards
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
That's OK..... I have a USPS Priority Mail package that was accepted at the PO in MA on 12/19/13. It just arrived in RI on 12/27/13. That's 7 days to go from MA to RI. Even if you subtract 1 or 2 days for the Christmas holiday, that's 5 days to go from MA to RI. Gotta love it .....

saint1

saint1
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
That is crazy. I guess they have come a long way. In 1860 it only took 10 days by pony express. Ridiculous!

Rudy likes poll

Rudy likes pool
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Hi ALL,
eventually we found where went wrong.
the package did arrive at Kennedy airport on 12/26.
USPS took over 38 main packages of total 46 main packages shipped to New York from Taiwan.
they missed 8 main packages.
today Taiwan post office asked USPS to find out the 8 main packages which have not been taken over.
and yes, USPS found my package and updated the status.
this is not just holiday delay.
this is USPS forgot the package, the international express package ^^lll
i believe this is just an oversight.
i've shipped more than 10 times to the USA, never met such situation.

Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
318   0   0
to the op;

I recently went through the exact same situation and concern over a cue that was coming to me from Taiwan.

The USPS update (or lack of to be more accurate) only showed it was at the San Francisco Sort Facility for weeks, then finally, it arrived.

so, l would give it another week or so and, hopefully, you will experience the same.

best,
brian kc

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
256   0   0
That's great news. Sometimes things aren't perfect when there's human action involved. Thankfully and usually that's a very infrequent occurrence.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
I have had nothing but issues with USPS items tracking. I have dropped items inside the post office in the drop box, as well as, at the service desk and received a receipt and they have still not tracked for several days. Luckily the only thing that never showed up was a couple pieces of Magic Chalk. As a matter of fact I shipped some tips yesterday, tracked them this morning and nothing yet. It absolutely drives me insane.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
That's OK..... I have a USPS Priority Mail package that was accepted at the PO in MA on 12/19/13. It just arrived in RI on 12/27/13. That's 7 days to go from MA to RI. Even if you subtract 1 or 2 days for the Christmas holiday, that's 5 days to go from MA to RI. Gotta love it .....

I go from MA to RI all the time to play in Snookers. Next time, send me the cue, I'll play with it for 5 days, drive it over on the 6th and you will get it there a day early :smile::D

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
256   0   0
I have had nothing but issues with USPS items tracking. I have dropped items inside the post office in the drop box, as well as, at the service desk and received a receipt and they have still not tracked for several days. Luckily the only thing that never showed up was a couple pieces of Magic Chalk. As a matter of fact I shipped some tips yesterday, tracked them this morning and nothing yet. It absolutely drives me insane.

Strange. I've been selling and shipping cues for years and not one major issue with USPS. The last 2 boxes that I got via UPS were both crushed.