Need up to date new software

nfty9er

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well if finally happened, my computer crashed along with my ability to keep track of our pool time. My system is so old, I bought it from a pool supply company selling it as a floppy disc download. I swear it lasted 20 years. I know there have been threads in the past about different systems but I won't be able to refind those threads so can you people send me names of programs and or companies that sell poolroom software. I am going to have to buy a new computer also. Any help is appreciated.
Dick Cady, Fast Eddy's Billiards, Capitola, Ca.

RackemBilliards

Player, Room Owner
Silver Member
Well if finally happened, my computer crashed along with my ability to keep track of our pool time. My system is so old, I bought it from a pool supply company selling it as a floppy disc download. I swear it lasted 20 years. I know there have been threads in the past about different systems but I won't be able to refind those threads so can you people send me names of programs and or companies that sell poolroom software. I am going to have to buy a new computer also. Any help is appreciated.
Dick Cady, Fast Eddy's Billiards, Capitola, Ca.

You're just like me. I was holding a floppy, too, and wondering what to do.I have run the 'operator' system on my old computer since the mid 90s. My computer just melted down. I went to Best Buy and bought an 'all in one' computer for $549 and added 'pool house manager'. So far, it looks like the nuts. Can't recommend it, and Mike, highly enough. Call me if you want and we'll talk it over-Dave Smith 541-944-6260.

FloridaPoolGal

Registered
I downloaded the trial version of Time Magic (same product as above) and it seems to be decent. Ive never really messed with room software before and there seems to be a learning curve and the interface is kinda "old school". Im sure its much nicer than the floppy disk you have been using tho :wink:. One thing I will say, is my email questions were responded to within 10 mins of sending them, even at 9pm. Thats unheard of now a days. Im still kicking around the idea of purchasing it or not. I would download the demo and see if you like it. Ive looked into other software and it seems the price is on the moon. Everyone Ive asked about this says that time magic is the way to go.

nfty9er

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks

I did read these rresponses, thanks.
To be honest that Pool House manager seems efficient but seems expensive compared to what I had. I need it for more than 12 tables.
We ran the demo, it seems more complicated also but efficient. In my business I do not use the bar tracker and food, it is easier done by hand if use tabbing at all, so paying 600 for all the goodies seems a bit much/ But condsidering most help now a days know nothing of math when it comes to time clocks I will probably have no choice. Wish I could rremember the original company I had. Oh well ,. thanks again.
Diok

RackemBilliards

Player, Room Owner
Silver Member
I did read these rresponses, thanks.
To be honest that Pool House manager seems efficient but seems expensive compared to what I had. I need it for more than 12 tables.
We ran the demo, it seems more complicated also but efficient. In my business I do not use the bar tracker and food, it is easier done by hand if use tabbing at all, so paying 600 for all the goodies seems a bit much/ But condsidering most help now a days know nothing of math when it comes to time clocks I will probably have no choice. Wish I could rremember the original company I had. Oh well ,. thanks again.
Diok

If it was a really old one it, there is a good chance it was 'The Operator' from micrologicsoftware.com. There are several other companies-Dolphin is another one-, but they sold lots of operator systems. They are selling the Operator II systems now, even though the website says Operator III. It's a solid system, but it's windows based so it will be different than the old dos version also. It runs on Windows xp only, so that's a consideration if you're buying a new computer. The price is similar. What I found is that once the older stuff dies, it's not supported anymore and a new computer wouldn't run it anyway. I tried like hell to get my old computer system to work again, lol. I even looked to buy an old used computer and load the floppy and get going that way, but I finally gave up. There's a learning curve, of course, but once I was forced into it, I learned how much better the Pool House Manager is than what I had. Good luck!