Chicago rooms

qfans

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey headed to Chicago and going to be in Techny visiting retired Uncle and was looking for pool rooms. In the Northern area it looks like I have options of Chris's or Surge or Pressure. Looking to play Gold Crown 9 ft 9 ball or One Hole cheap and later after dinner. Any opinions would love to go to Red Shoes but too far South. Any of these rooms open late as I'm bit of an owl. Safety issues in certain areas? Parking an issue in Chicago don't want to walk a mile late at nite! Thanks Todd

cscott67

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Make the trip to Red Shoes.......

There is ALWAYS action there. Tell John Lavin "Lav" the owner Doc sent you! He will put you in a fair game, just tell him how you play and he won't let anyone rob you. There are LOTS of good players coming in and out all the time. Worth the drive. Doc

qfans

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Red shoes

Thank you Doc, might be possible later Thursday I appreciate the invitation. Heard good things about your room.

nvichie

Registered
Chris’s has an 8 ball tournament ($15 entry) Wednesday night at 8pm and 9 ball tournament on Sundays ($17) at 8pm. Both double elimination and great for practice.
Thursday nights they have 9ball tournaments at the Chicago Billiard Cafe $12. Parking is quite easy for both.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Northbrook I believe have only google mapped it

So, Techny, is not a city, just a place/business in Northbrook?. You're not to far from Buffalo Grove, and there is a place called Rack'em Up. They have diamond bar box and Gabriel 9 footers. They have weekly tourneys and such.

Very nice suburb, you could walk around with $100 bills sticking out of your pocket and nobody is gonna mess with ya.

HUKIT

F* ks Given...Zero
Silver Member
You'll be 30 minutes from Shooters in Grayslake. They have 16 Diamond 9 footers and 8 Diamond 7' footers plus a huge selection of beers and drinks. It's a great hall!

cscott67

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Op.....

I'm not the owner, Lavin is. (just making sure you know) . I used to live in mke and pop down there once a week or so and play late. I now live in fla, but miss all the constant action and great players up there. The room has lots of gcs, and food/kitchen/beer as well. Parking is no problem, and Alsip is pretty safe. Never had any issues there.

Have fun, and hope the weather is not to crazy for your trip!! Doc

GoPlayPool

Search. Find. Play.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Regarding pool rooms

Do check out our App as well. It is free. Enter zip code, distance and you can filter sort by tournaments/leagues and age limit. Plus after search you can sort by table size and count as well.

Hope you find what you are looking for and enjoy your stay in the windy city!
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: