frankw

Semi Retired Bodybuilder
Silver Member
Oh no...another shaft for me to buy lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

prad

Flip the coin
Silver Member
it's not carbon fiber like other cue makers are doing. Looks like a traditional wood LD shaft, these shafts have been there for a long time so I wonder what made Mike to create one now, and still choose wood not carbon fiber.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike Lambros has developed a new low deflection shaft. Using 3 full tips of English, the shaft seems to have incredibly low deflection.

Video link for everyone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDC_uhh0HxU

Funny thing is that I watched that video without sound (my headphones were off) but was very impressed with the setup of the video and the review without even hearing it. Nice showing the deflection with the paper marker, each feature of the cue including how it sounds was gone over, each section was divided and labeled in the video so easy to see what it is.

pogmothoin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Is this one different than the one he was already making ?

He had stopped making LD shafts for a while. Very labor intensive he said. I owned three of his cues with LD shafts, 2 of them that also had a maple shaft. I couldn't tell the difference. His maple shafts have very little deflection compared to other maple shafts I've played with and compare favorably with most supposedly LD shafts on the market.

I think this is his third version of an LD shaft that has been made available to the public.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Mike Lambros has developed a new low deflection shaft. Using 3 full tips of English, the shaft seems to have incredibly low deflection.

Video link for everyone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDC_uhh0HxU

I've never understood why people do a squirt test of more than, say, a 1 foot shot. The Aim & Pivot Test or just a measured distance on the rail needs to be the shortest length possible that allows you to hit the cue ball firmly so that we reduce swerve effects or any other length-dependent effects as possible.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've never understood why people do a squirt test of more than, say, a 1 foot shot. The Aim & Pivot Test or just a measured distance on the rail needs to be the shortest length possible that allows you to hit the cue ball firmly so that we reduce swerve effects or any other length-dependent effects as possible.

Or at least hit the ball hard enough so the english doesn't have time to take affect.