Who are the top five players in your state?

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
mikepage said:
That's a sad story. I've never actually played in Minot.

I'm on the eastern side of the state in Fargo. We don't play very well here either. But we're action friendly and we've got lots of money.

HUH?????? LOTS???? Grrrrrr....
JoeyA

wjpjr

modulator
Silver Member
kentucky1pocket said:
Kentucky
2. John Brumback
3. Larry Price
4. Ray Schultz
5. Brian Roberts
6. David Favor
7. Stan Shuffett
8. David Rice
9. Anthony Beeler
10. Tom Mercure
11. Billy Pay
12. Eddie Adams
13. Russ Edwards
14. Mike Blevins
15. Mike Patton
16. Bruce Luttrell
17. Nick Mullholland
18. Charlie Brown
19. James Jewell
20. Jr. Moore
Shannon Daulton is in Greenville Sc now

desert1pocket

Registered Fish
Silver Member
Jimmy M. said:
Not that I care to be on any list and I've kept quiet in this thread whenever my name was mentioned, regardless of what I may or may not think but, since this may be an opportunity to drum something up ... one pocket is the only game that I don't play so I don't know if one pocket constitutes "all games". If you have a player in Tucson that wants to play a package of some 9 or 10 ball, straight pool, 8-ball, banks and maybe something on a snooker table (like golf or snooker), let me know. I'm interested in playing.

I'm certainly not going to play you any of the games you mentioned for any real money. I pretty much only play 1-hole, and poorly at that. I don't know of anyone offhand who would want to travel to Phoenix to play you, but if you ever make it down south, let me know and I will make sure you stay in action. I will let you know the next time I make it to Phoenix, and maybe we could play some cheap sets.

Paul Juarez

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CALIFORNIA - How about top 6.

-JOSE PARICA
-ERNESTO DOMINGUEZ
-KIM DAVENPORT
-MORRO PAEZ
-TONY CHOHAN
-BILLY PALMER

bob_bushka

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
South Dakota Top Five Players

Either born or spent a majority of their life in South Dakota...

1. Shane Van Boening
2. David Hemmah
3. Dick Spitzer
4. Dennis Harr
5. Tie between and ol timer and two new bloods. Ab Taylor, and the young guns to be Riley Pugh and Tanner Pruess.

TannerPruess

PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
bob_bushka said:
Either born or spent a majority of their life in South Dakota...

1. Shane Van Boening
2. David Hemmah
3. Dick Spitzer
4. Dennis Harr
5. Tie between and ol timer and two new bloods. Ab Taylor, and the young guns to be Riley Pugh and Tanner Pruess.
What city are you from?

cdavis9771

Yes this dog will bite;)
Silver Member
BackPocket9Ball said:
Varney Cues,
How would you rate Scott Lewis compared to the rest of your list?

I think that the top 4 would be: (1) Tony Watson, (2) Spark Ferrule, (3) BJ Ussery, (4) Norris Brady

Just 1 guy here that has beaten every player on your top 5 list. His name is Mike Fuller. Except for brady. Is that brady from Charlotte? If so i know he can beat him.

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
cdavis9771 said:
Just 1 guy here that has beaten every player on your top 5 list. His name is Mike Fuller. Except for brady. Is that brady from Charlotte? If so i know he can beat him.
First of all to be clear...I never ranked my top 5...I don't want to knock anyone's action. As far as Brady...he travels the country often, but yes his home is Charlotte. While Brady plays with a lot of heart and is very talented...he's indeed a shortstop and wants no part matching up even with top players of the world. His greatest asset is making the proper game when matching up. He has no fear though, you make the game right and he will play. I think BJ and him are very close at 9 ball...but I'd currently give the nod to BJ. With all that said, I have seen him beat Parica even in a local event. ;)

cdavis9771

Yes this dog will bite;)
Silver Member
Varney Cues said:
First of all to be clear...I never ranked my top 5...I don't want to knock anyone's action. As far as Brady...he travels the country often, but yes his home is Charlotte. While Brady plays with a lot of heart and is very talented...he's indeed a shortstop and wants no part matching up even with top players of the world. His greatest asset is making the proper game when matching up. He has no fear though, you make the game right and he will play. I think BJ and him are very close at 9 ball...but I'd currently give the nod to BJ. With all that said, I have seen him beat Parica even in a local event. ;)

When you say make the game right it seems as if he needs a spot to play. Wow. A guy who beat parica needing a spot:confused: I've seen bradys action a few times. I say a man with heart and no fear needs no spot. I would love to match this up if you know how to get in touch with him?

TannerPruess

PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
JAM said:
TannerPruess, I love, love, love your new avatar! Very nice! :)

JAM
Thanks. I have a few other pool related Senior Pictures. I was happy to find out that the photographer had a pool table upstairs, so we did a few shots. ;)

SixSence

Richmond Boy'
Silver Member
VIRGINIA (most of the best players are out of their prime or don't play anymore, so i'll list some of them)

DC Area:
Keith McCready
Pooky Rasmeloungon

Richmond and surrounding areas (where I live):
Larry Kressel
Carry Dunn (out of his prime)
Shorty Davis (the best when he played)
John Jordan (hardly plays anymore)
Denver (doesn't play anymore)

Fredricksburg:
Chris Loar

VA Beach:
Eric Moore

Not sure where Shorty Henson lives, but he's in there.

Current top 5 in the whole state in order (IMO):
1. Keith McCready
2. Pooky Rasmeloungon
3. Chris Loar
4. Eric Moore
5. Larry Kressel

Some decent shortstops in my area:
(9 ball)
Rick Dumass
Dave "The Dentist"
David Alley
Todd Elkins (maybe)
Mike Glen (maybe)
(1 pocket)
Calvin
Stroker

Hard to tell anymore. VA has so many has beens, and strong players that never went anywhere, and IMHO, we just don't have much national competition to offer anymore. But, if you combine VA and MD like in the Tiger Planet Pool Tour, you'll have an extremely strong field of players.

Last edited:

hemicudas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TannerPruess said:
Thanks. I have a few other pool related Senior Pictures. I was happy to find out that the photographer had a pool table upstairs, so we did a few shots. ;)

Tanner, My man. You might want to reword that, "We did a few shots" at your tender age. JKMF.

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
cdavis9771 said:
When you say make the game right it seems as if he needs a spot to play. Wow. A guy who beat parica needing a spot:confused: I've seen bradys action a few times. I say a man with heart and no fear needs no spot. I would love to match this up if you know how to get in touch with him?
If you've seen him play then you already know his speed. I'll tell him Fuller wants to play...Davis says so. Its up to him from there. He's a grown man, I don't make his games. If he does show up...I wouldn't bring the attitude...just a hint between friends.;)

hippiepool

Banned
jimmymac said:
Brian Gregg
Steve Oaks
Alan Maloney (when his back isn't out of wack)
i know twenty or more players in indiana that beat jeanette , so she couldn't be in the top five ....however , i can only think of 2 female players from indiana that would match up closely with her...

cdavis9771

Yes this dog will bite;)
Silver Member
Varney Cues said:
If you've seen him play then you already know his speed. I'll tell him Fuller wants to play...Davis says so. Its up to him from there. He's a grown man, I don't make his games. If he does show up...I wouldn't bring the attitude...just a hint between friends.;)

What kind of game would be fair between these 2?

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
cdavis9771 said:
What kind of game would be fair between these 2?
Sorry but I'm not a reporter for the Billiard Enquirer or a member of the pool police...you'll have to ask them.

tom haney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hippiepool said:
i know twenty or more players in indiana that beat jeanette , so she couldn't be in the top five ....however , i can only think of 2 female players from indiana that would match up closely with her...

SSSHHH. Don't tell Travis Trotter that. I bet she wasn't using her
Cuetec when she got beat.