Best way to sell a 9' Pro Am Diamond +

I have a 5/ (wrong more like 7 ) yr old Pro-am in excellent to perfect condition I have used but not enough. I can't get the family to play very much.

Now we are planning a move and it looks like this needs to go for now.
I have the Diamond light, stool set and even a single ball cleaner.

I reached out to about the only local billiard supply company and they say they only split the consignment sale because they move it and such. I get that. They are there to make a living.

I'm in the Santa Cruz area 1/2 hr from Los Gatos.

I know I listed my ball cleaner here, but I don't frequent the forums like I did when I bought the table years ago. I didn't seem to get much attention.

It appears to be 7 yrs old

Last edited:

tenfttall

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try Facebook Marketplace and Open Billiards Market, which is a group on Facebook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Diamonds seem to he harder to find used out that far west. List it in the for sale section on here and as tenfttall recommended. Is it a one piece slate or 3? How much do you want for everything?
Should be an easy sale if your price is right!

Trent from Toledo

Thanks guys. I'll look into the Facebook thing.

I just listed it here. It is the one-piece slate.

I'm not sure of a price range. I see used on Diamond site for $5200 table only.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks guys. I'll look into the Facebook thing.

I just listed it here. It is the one-piece slate.

I'm not sure of a price range. I see used on Diamond site for $5200 table only.

However, what you have is a table made out of diamond wood before the factory fire, and they had to go to other material. Even the new diamond tables The rosewoods don’t have the look of the older rosewood diamond wood. I will be shocked if someone doesn’t pick that up out there.
Also, contact some pool halls in the area, maybe they would be in the market for a one off diamond table.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Also, contact some pool halls in the area, maybe they would be in the market for a one off diamond table.
California Billiards in Fremont has 8 9-foot Diamonds and may be looking for more. Broken Rack in Emeryville has two Diamonds and the one pocket players don't want to play on the other tables there. Both rooms can handle the one-piece slate (no stairs).

realkingcobra

Silver Member
However, what you have is a table made out of diamond wood before the factory fire, and they had to go to other material. Even the new diamond tables The rosewoods don’t have the look of the older rosewood diamond wood. I will be shocked if someone doesn’t pick that up out there.
Also, contact some pool halls in the area, maybe they would be in the market for a one off diamond table.

If bought new 5 years ago, its PRC black, the Dymondwood factory burnt down further back than 5 years.

AkGuy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So tell me.

I am in Kenai, Alaska. How much you asking and would you ship it if I picked up shipping?

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If bought new 5 years ago, its PRC black, the Dymondwood factory burnt down further back than 5 years.

It is my understanding that they had some old stock and were still manufacturing the diamond wood tables by order during that time. The PRC tables were their answer to what to do in the future. I remember an entire row of the PRC tables for the factory at Turning Stone that year, and on the other side of the arena, and entire row of traditional diamond wood tables in rosewood.

Can you verify this?

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a 5 yr old Pro am in excellent to perfect condition I have used but not enough. I can't get the family to play very much.

I reached out to about the only local billiard supply company and they say they only split the consignment sale because they move it and such. I get that. They are there to make a living.

I know I listed my ball cleaner here, but I don't frequent the forums like I did when I bought the table years ago. I didn't seem to get much attention.

In my area, a diamond table holds ~80ish% of its retail.

Your area may vary.

Jeff

Edit:

Every single time Diamond has sent someone to recover my table, the guys doing the work has offered to buy my table.

Why do they always offer? Well, they all know I have severe health issues that limit my ability to play and it's just a matter of a year or three and my table will probably need to be sold.

They always tell me that Diamond can't make tables fast enough.

As long as you are reasonable, you shouldn't have a problem moving your table regardless of your area.

Last edited:

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are close enough to me that I'd jump on that if I was ready for it. But alas, haven't finished ironing out the details to my game room yet. (Translation - need to talk wife into it...) :)

Seriously I think you'll be able to find a local buyer easily. Lots of people who have money and play pool around here.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I have a 5 yr old Pro am in excellent to perfect condition I have used but not enough. I can't get the family to play very much.

Take the delivery and set up cost, subtract that from what you paid for the table. Then subtract let's say $600 to recover the table, you did get the use of the table. Once you have that figure, there's your selling price.

First off, can't get the Rosewood finish today, second, buying new is going to come at a 12-16 week waiting list AFTER having put down a 50% deposit. Then, the table is no different than what's being offered for sale today, and its available today, just come and get it, no need to wait, Christmas is around the corner!!

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Take the delivery and set up cost, subtract that from what you paid for the table. Then subtract let's say $600 to recover the table, you did get the use of the table. Once you have that figure, there's your selling price.

First off, can't get the Rosewood finish today, second, buying new is going to come at a 12-16 week waiting list AFTER having put down a 50% deposit. Then, the table is no different than what's being offered for sale today, and its available today, just come and get it, no need to wait, Christmas is around the corner!!

I've spoke to very few people that actually received their table inside of the 12 to 16 week delivery time.

It took almost 8 months for them to get my table to me. I called "one time"....and said "where is my table".....lol..., they said, "we can refund your money, if you can't wait"....

At ^^^^^^^ point I was like, "no worries, lol....I can wait".

Diamond has their production problems like most but, most products don't have the demand nor the quality that Diamond's products have so, most are completely ok with a lengthy wait time if something unavoidable happens. I think we all know, stuff happens regardless of how good we are or how hard we try.

In the end, to me, it all boils down to one thing:

SERVICE AFTER THE SALE

Diamond has been "Johnny on the spot".

Jeff

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I've spoke to very few people that actually received their table inside of the 12 to 16 week delivery time.

It took almost 8 months for them to get my table to me. I called "one time"....and said "where is my table".....lol..., they said, "we can refund your money, if you can't wait"....

Diamond has their production problems like most but, most products don't have the demand nor the quality that Diamond's products have so, most are completely ok with a lengthy wait time if something unavoidable happens. I think we all know, stuff happens regardless of how good we are or how hard we try.

SERVICE AFTER THE SALE

Jeff

And that's always the best!!

surffisher2a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

SERVICE AFTER THE SALE

Jeff

don't scare me, I ordered my table at the beginning of Sept and was told 10 - 12 weeks for production. I am patiently waiting.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
don't scare me, I ordered my table at the beginning of Sept and was told 10 - 12 weeks for production. I am patiently waiting.

Don't worry, you will never regret it.

Having said that, I'm sure my experience was out of the norm.

Regardless, your getting the best playing table on the planet.

Also, your table will hold its value better than any other table could.

Its like putting money in the bank.

Jeff

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
If bought new 5 years ago, its PRC black, the Dymondwood factory burnt down further back than 5 years]

I ordered my table maybe a month before the fire (June/Aug 2014), so my table was one of the last lots of Dymondwood. No idea if they had X months of stock in house, but that was 5 years ago.

Freddie <~~~ this is not an argument

realkingcobra

Silver Member
If bought new 5 years ago, its PRC black, the Dymondwood factory burnt down further back than 5 years]

I ordered my table maybe a month before the fire (June/Aug 2014), so my table was one of the last lots of Dymondwood. No idea if they had X months of stock in house, but that was 5 years ago.

Freddie <~~~ this is not an argument

That's a little more that 5 years ago, and yes Diamond had inventory to carry them into the beginning of 2015, but that's it.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
That's a little more that 5 years ago, and yes Diamond had inventory to carry them into the beginning of 2015, but that's it.

C’mon Glenn, you’re reaching . My table was ordered Aug 8 2014 and arrived at my house brand new Nov 15, 2014. It is now Nov 7, 2019. There is no reason to argue or try to be right. The OP’s statement that he has a 5- year old Diamond table that is made from Dymondwood is very possible even by your own admission that they had to keep stock until the beginning of 2015. Just say, “yup” and be done with it.

Freddie <~~~ this is not argument.