A really stupid question about Nick Varner

LCampbell

Registered
Mr. Varner does/did always chew gum when he's playing (I think I've always seen him chewing gum when he isn't playing,too). My question: What brand of gum does he chew?

Please don't reply with something like, "What kind of stupid, moronic question is that"? I gave fair warning that it was a stupid question in the thread title.

Yes, I know it's also a worthless question, but what can I say? I like gum.

bigskyjake

you heard the man
Silver Member
It's not a worthless question and it's original as hell{i dare anyone to hit the search button for this one}

Sorry I don't have an answer but I'm gonna guess(oldschool) either Juicy Fruit or Blackjack

Jake

Last edited:

LCampbell

Registered
Wow, that was a quick reply, thanks.

I always get Blackjack when I can find it, which is almost never.
I might as well ask everybody here: If you chew gum when you play, what kind do you chew?
I used to always chew the classic bubblegum flavors of Bubblicious and Bubble Yum. Right now I'm into the Bubblicious' Lebron's Lighting Lemonade or something like that.

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
Mike and I chaw on Juicy Fruit. I get more adventurous sometimes, but he stands by his old favorite.

LCampbell

Registered
bigskyjake said:
I'm lucky we have several stores around here that keep a good supply of Blackjack
That is lucky, most people don't like Blackjack gum, they think the licorice flavor is gross.

rackmsuckr said:
Mike and I chaw on Juicy Fruit. I get more adventurous sometimes, but he stands by his old favorite.
I don't like Juicy Fruit (or any of ther other Wrigley brands) since they changed them up and made them "longer lasting" it really messed up the flavor to me, IMHO.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I cant remember what tournament it was, but I still remember the picture...... Nick won the thing, and along with the trophy and the prize money, they gave him a huge bucket of super bubble (the 5 cent a piece gum in the red, yellow and blue wrapper) Dont know if that was his preference at the time or not......
Chuck

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny you should ask.

I was just watching a tape of a Sands Regency finals between Nick V. and Johnny A. Bill Incardona mentioned that Nick is really chewing his gum, which is "cherry bazooka".

"Isn't that disgusting?" asks Bill - addressing Buddy Hall. So, I guess Nick's favorite is cherry bazooka.

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
git208.jpg

dirtybobjr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Straight From The Horse's Mouth LOL

rackmsuckr said:

I choose to believe that his preference IS Juicy Fruit.......considering the veracity of the source!!! IMHO The rest of you guys are not to be trusted!

dardusm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RiverCity said:
I cant remember what tournament it was, but I still remember the picture...... Nick won the thing, and along with the trophy and the prize money, they gave him a huge bucket of super bubble (the 5 cent a piece gum in the red, yellow and blue wrapper) Dont know if that was his preference at the time or not......
Chuck

Actually, I watched that tournament. It was a senior tour event in Tulsa. Steve Mizerak gave Nick a plastic basketball full of gum. (I'm thinking it was bazooka but could be wrong)

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
dardusm said:
Actually, I watched that tournament. It was a senior tour event in Tulsa. Steve Mizerak gave Nick a plastic basketball full of gum. (I'm thinking it was bazooka but could be wrong)
Now that you mention it...... I think it was bazooka.
Chuck

cdavis9771

Yes this dog will bite;)
Silver Member
LCampbell said:
Mr. Varner does/did always chew gum when he's playing (I think I've always seen him chewing gum when he isn't playing,too). My question: What brand of gum does he chew?

Please don't reply with something like, "What kind of stupid, moronic question is that"? I gave fair warning that it was a stupid question in the thread title.

Yes, I know it's also a worthless question, but what can I say? I like gum.

Probably freedent at his age. LOL!! Just jokin':D

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
dirtybobjr said:
I choose to believe that his preference IS Juicy Fruit.......considering the veracity of the source!!! IMHO The rest of you guys are not to be trusted!

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I was talking about Mike, my husband, not Nick. Sorry for the misunderstanding. ;)