DCC "Action Matches"?

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis played a few action matches in our room he gave Richie the breaks the 1st set and 10-7 the 2nd one

He lost 1st set and won the 2nd set after they raised the bet to 5k

Capture.jpg

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've gotta a brief action happening. A little bone with not much meat on it. :grin-square:

The day Keith was supposed to catch a flight back to D.C., he runs into Tony Watson. Tony and Keith are good friends, both combat warriors when it comes to pool.

Tony had empty pockets. Keith, on the other hand, had funds. Keith always said a good investment is to bet on a hungry pool player, and Tony, of course, was Keith's friend. He couldn't stand to see Tony on the shortskies. So off they march to the Action Room.

Keith said there's so much money this year at Derby that anybody can get played and anybody can win. He put Tony in action against somebody for a nickel, and Tony won. Then they decide to let it ride.

Along comes some German player. It wasn't Filler. I don't know who it was. They played for 5 dimes, and Tony won. Ka-ching! :cool:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've gotta a brief action happening. A little bone with not much meat on it. :grin-square:

The day Keith was supposed to catch a flight back to D.C., he runs into Tony Watson. Tony and Keith are good friends, both combat warriors when it comes to pool.

Tony had empty pockets. Keith, on the other hand, had funds. Keith always said a good investment is to bet on a hungry pool player, and Tony, of course, was Keith's friend. He couldn't stand to see Tony on the shortskies. So off they march to the Action Room.

Keith said there's so much money this year at Derby that anybody can get played and anybody can win. He put Tony in action against somebody for a nickel, and Tony won. Then they decide to let it ride.

Along comes some German player. It wasn't Filler. I don't know who it was. They played for 5 dimes, and Tony won. Ka-ching! :cool:

Sounds like something Keith would say, "Bet on a hungry pool player!" Some words of wisdom there. A nickel is 500 and five dimes is 5000. Correct?

railbird25

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Awesome, the pool world is definitely better with a clean Tony Watson in it. I remember when I was about 20 years old Tony came to the super bowl tournament in Memphis, I had no clue who he was at the time but he was stacking more cash on the light than I'd seen before at that point of my life. He was constantly in action and had zero fear and major game. From then on everywhere I went that Tony was it was free entertainment and nonstop action. He could've used a little more patience when matching up but that was Tony, if there wasn't anything going he would get something going.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like something Keith would say, "Bet on a hungry pool player!" Some words of wisdom there. A nickel is 500 and five dimes is 5000. Correct?

Yes. It was $500 the first go-around, and then they parlayed it with the German player (not Filler) to $5,000.

When they returned to Tony's hotel room, Keith called me on the phone. I was worried about him getting to the airport on time to catch his plane.

While we're chatting, Keith says, "Wait a minute, Tony. You're counting up that money a little too fast." Keith wanted to make sure the money was cut right. :grin-square:

Keith was so happy seeing all his friends. Next year, I don't care if the Government shuts down or not. I am taking one week off, and we're driving to the Derby. Keith said the action was rampant, and he was in pool heaven. :cool:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yes. It was $500 the first go-around, and then they parlayed it with the German player (not Filler) to $5,000.

When they returned to Tony's hotel room, Keith called me on the phone. I was worried about him getting to the airport on time to catch his plane.

While we're chatting, Keith says, "Wait a minute, Tony. You're counting up that money a little too fast." Keith wanted to make sure the money was cut right. :grin-square:

Keith was so happy seeing all his friends. Next year, I don't care if the Government shuts down or not. I am taking one week off, and we're driving to the Derby. Keith said the action was rampant, and he was in pool heaven. :cool:
You we’re definitely missed this year!

Reactions: JAM

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

We have been telling Keith and JAM this for years....:cool:

Hopefully we will see you both next year!

Ken