Players in World Pool Masters?

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can some one please post a list of the players in the World Pool Masters?

Who gonna win it?

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can some one please post a list of the players in the World Pool Masters?

Who gonna win it?
WORLD POOL MASTERS 2018
PLAYERS

David Alcaide ( Spain )
Shane van Boening ( USA )
Darren Appleton ( United Kingdom )
Niels Feijen ( Netherlands )
Ralf Souquet ( Germany )
Daryl Peach ( United Kingdom )
Karol Skowerski ( Poland )
Karl Boyes ( England )
Alex Lely ( Holland )
Dennis Orcollo ( Philippines )
Alex Pagulayan ( Canada ):thumbup2:
Earl Strickland ( USA )
Raj Hundal ( India )
Joshua Filler ( Germany )
Chris Melling ( England )
Jayson Shaw ( United Kingdom )

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WORLD POOL MASTERS 2018
PLAYERS

David Alcaide ( Spain )
Ralf Souquet ( Germany )
Karl Boyes ( England )
Alex Lely ( Holland )
Earl Strickland ( USA )
Raj Hundal ( India )
Anyone know why Boyes and Melling are representing England while Appleton and Peach are representing the UK?

Cracktherack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The whole list is made of bloodthirsty killers on the table.
I'll cheer for Earl and Jayson.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
WORLD POOL MASTERS 2018
PLAYERS

David Alcaide ( Spain )
Ralf Souquet ( Germany )
Karl Boyes ( England )
Alex Lely ( Holland )
Earl Strickland ( USA )
Raj Hundal ( India )
How are the players choosen to play, because there's no Carlo Biado, the current world 9 ball champion playing.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
How are the players choosen to play, because there's no Carlo Biado, the current world 9 ball champion playing.

16 players have won the previous 24 World Pool Masters events (Engert, Van Boening, and Bustamante are 2-time winners and Souquet has won 6 times). Matchroom got 14 of those 16 past winners (all but Werner Duregger and Thomas Engert) plus two wild cards (Shaw and Wu) to complete the initial field of 16 for this year's event.

Then two past winners were unable to play -- Bustamante (travel problems?) and Drago (ill), so Matchroom named Filler and Boyes to replace them.

Then, at the last minute I guess, Wu was unable to get there and Melling was named as his replacement.

I don't know whether Biado was invited at some point.

Last edited:

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
16 players have won the previous 24 World Pool Masters events (Engert, Van Boening, and Bustamante are 2-time winners and Souquet has won 6 times). Matchroom got 14 of those 16 past winners (all but Werner Duregger and Thomas Engert) plus two wild cards (Shaw and Wu) to complete the initial field of 16 for this year's event.

Then two past winners were unable to play -- Bustamante (travel problems?) and Drago (ill), so Matchroom named Filler and Boyes to replace them.

Then, at the last minute I guess, Wu was unable to get there and Melling was named as his replacement.

I don't know whether Biado was invited at some point.

Biado is in the Philippines per Anitikid's threads from the Philippine training center in the last few days....the Wu replacement was maybe too short notice for him to get travel plans ironed out. But he definitely should have been there before Filler and Boyes, or at least offered the spot before them.

Maybe Anitokid can ask him if he sees him.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Biado is in the Philippines per Anitikid's threads from the Philippine training center in the last few days....the Wu replacement was maybe too short notice for him to get travel plans ironed out. But he definitely should have been there before Filler and Boyes, or at least offered the spot before them.

Maybe Anitokid can ask him if he sees him.

One would think right he'd be offeded a spot:thumbup:

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
United Kingdom?

What is the United Kingdom? I thought Shaw was from Scotland and Appleton from England.

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
serious?
lmfao

Are you REALLY not going to allow some slack for a silly complicated situation?

The United Kingdom is a COUNTRY that is somehow made up of the COUNTRIES of Scotland, Wales, England, and Northern Island. But wait? Is Northern Ireland a COUNTRY or just a PROVINCE --depends on who you talk to....

These COUNTRIES compete separately in the Commonwealth games. But wait! They complete together as a COUNTRY in the olympics....

There is no ISO COUNTRY code for England, only a COUNTRY code GBR, which presumable stands for Great Britain which is the big island that includes England, Scotland, and Wales, but actually stands for the United Kingdom, which also includes whatever you call that other other thing known as Northern Ireland.....

I know *I* am confused....

Attachments

• uk.png
    uk.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:

vjmehra

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you REALLY not going to allow some slack for a silly complicated situation?

The United Kingdom is a COUNTRY that is somehow made up of the COUNTRIES of Scotland, Wales, England, and Northern Island. But wait? Is Northern Ireland a COUNTRY or just a PROVINCE --depends on who you talk to....

These COUNTRIES compete separately in the Commonwealth games. But wait! They complete together as a COUNTY in the olympics....

There is no ISO COUNTRY code for England, only a COUNTRY code GBR, which presumable stands for Great Britain which is the big island that includes England, Scotland, and Wales, but actually stands for the United Kingdom, which also includes whatever you call that other other thing known as Northern Ireland.....

I know *I* am confused....

Ha, thats a pretty good analysis to be fair!

Whats even more complicated, is that it sometimes even changes in sport...so for example in the Olympics we compete as GB, but in other competitions such as the Commonwealth Games we split up into ENG, SCO etc.

To make matters even more confusing if you're born somewhere like Jersey you can choose which 'country' of the main ones you represent (in football* at least).

*soccer