Please read this thread.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Stay strong, brother. Do not allow fear to stand in your way.

We are your extended family here on AZB. You are not alone.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
It's my understanding that God hears whenever you talk to him.
A little faith can go an awful long way, best to you and yours

rhinobywilhite

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Prayers sent up for you, Jeff. It is never to late to renew a relationship with God even if you have had minimal or no contact with him at all.

Forgiveness is a prayer away. Talk to Him and tell Him your fears and need for help.

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope that you found all of these responses as uplifting and encouraging as I did.

I've heard the 'C" word 7 times and am able to say you are definitely included in my prayers. Touch base if you ever feel the need for an open ear.

Ratamon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know it’s hard Jeff but try to stay positive. My thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Jeff,
Sorry to hear you're going through a bad time. You're not alone. Thoughts and prayers.

These are facts as far as I'm concerned:

I haven't been to church but a handful of times in a decade.

I almost never bring up religion or anything to do with it unless myself or someone I love is in a situation that scares me.

I'm in a situation right now and I'm feeling guilty about asking for prayer.

I don't know what else to say except thank you for reading this.

Jeff

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was thinking about you last night when I was playing league at Poppa G's.
Please know that me and the Lord talk so often that we're on a 1st name basis. Sometimes I listen to Him but He always listens to me.
Many prayers going in for you. I do hope to meet you soon, take care.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just want to say that I appreciate every single member on AZB. Time and time again, I've witnessed AZB and its great host of members come to the rescue of people in need. AZB is a very special place. Having said that, regardless of how great the site is ...it's the MEMBERS that puts AZB at the top of my list of online forums for everything pool and more.

I've had several surgeries since breaking my back at four different places in 2007. As some of us know, once we start down the spine surgery road there is no telling how far that road will go nor how bumpy it will get.

I was scheduled to have spine surgeries on the 18th and 20th of this month.
The surgery on the 18th was not a revision surgery and went well. The surgery on the 20th was meant to be a revision surgery to replace some of the rods, screws, spacers, etc...etc...

Well, after the second surgery, I had just come out of recovery and was all excited that they were done and I could start my rehab back, when the doctor walks into the room and drops a bomb on my wife and I.

The news was,:

"I'm sorry Mr. Crouch, but I couldn't do the revision surgery. All I could do was remove a level of hardware and sew you back up after discovering that your previous surgeon performed what we calll malposition with the two top screws which takes away any chance of a fusion at that particular level and I felt it best that we make that decision after the successful part of surgeries are healed".

As to be expected, I was disappointed. Add the extreme doses of fentanyl, dilaudid, percocet and a couple of muscle relaxers to the mix and I had a really bad state of mind.

I began to wonder "why me"...again and again again. All of that has taken a successful career that took a long time to make. I had to just walk away.

On top of the lost career, I started to think about not being able to play pool again unless I was willing to do as I've done since 2017.....and that is take HUGE doese of medicine to just be able to walk around the table, much less play well.

Then it hit me, pool...really? That and my career is all I'm worried about? Instead I started to think about not ever being able to pick my grandchildren up or play with them.....ever again. At least not long or often enough for them to develop the solid type of relationship that we all had or wanted to have with our grandparents.

At that time, my mindset went downhill...big time.

Religion and spirituality? Yep, I started to pray and it made me feel better at first, but then it hit me that I didn't feel worthy of what I have, much less worthy of favors.

I think we all doubt ourselves at times. I know I do and just like with pool, if you lose concentration or confidence, well, you may as well unscrew because your done.

As stated above, I REALLY, REALLY appreciate all of you folks more than you will ever know.

Jeff

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I just want to say that I appreciate every single member on AZB. Time and time again, I've witnessed AZB and its great host of members come to the rescue of people in need. AZB is a very special place. Having said that, regardless of how great the site is ...it's the MEMBERS that puts AZB at the top of my list of online forums for everything pool and more.

I've had several surgeries since breaking my back at four different places in 2007. As some of us know, once we start down the spine surgery road there is no telling how far that road will go nor how bumpy it will get.

The surgery on the 18th was not a revision surgery and went well. The surgery on the 20th was meant to be a revision surgery to replace some of the rods, screws, spacers, etc...etc...

Well, after the second surgery, I had just come out of recovery and was all excited that they were done and I could start my rehab back, when the doctor walks into the room and drops a bomb on my wife and I.

The news was,:

"I'm sorry Mr. Crouch, but I couldn't do the revision surgery. All I could do was remove a level of hardware and sew you back up after discovering that your previous surgeon performed what we calll malposition with the two top screws which takes away any chance of a fusion at that particular level and I felt it best that we make that decision after the successful part of surgeries are healed".

As to be expected, I was disappointed. Add the extreme doses of fentanyl, dilaudid, percocet and a couple of muscle relaxers to the mix and I had a really bad state of mind.

I began to wonder "why me"...again and again again. All of that has taken a successful career that took a long time to make. I had to just walk away.

On top of the lost career, I started to think about not being able to play pool again unless I was willing to do as I've done since 2017.....and that is take HUGE doese of medicine to just be able to walk around the table, much less play well.

Then it hit me, pool...really? That and my career is all I'm worried about? Instead I started to think about not ever being able to pick my grandchildren up or play with them.....ever again. At least not long or often enough for them to develop the solid type of relationship that we all had or wanted to have with our grandparents.

Religion and spirituality? Yep, I started to pray and it made me feel better at first, but then it hit me that I didn't feel worthy of what I have, much less worthy of favors.

I think we all doubt ourselves at times. I know I do and just like with pool, if you lose concentration or confidence, well, you may as well unscrew because your done.

As stated above, I REALLY, REALLY appreciate all of you folks more than you will ever know.

Jeff

Whew and I thought you needed our prayers because in a moment of weakness you gave your rails to Royal King Cobra. :wink:

So sorry to hear of your medical issues. I like what you said. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in our problems we don't pay proper attention to the rest of our lives. Time to set your priorities and examine what positive steps you can take to help your situation. Remember the people who really care about you.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member

The news was,:

Jeff

you got the 7b.

keep your humor. :wink:

Last edited:

btal

Registered
Jeff. The Red Sea miraculously parted when Moses lifted his staff. I gotta believe that the Israelites looked at that long blue tunnel and were thinking something like 'Hell if I'm goin' in there!' Then they looked back and saw the Egyptians coming. Prayer. Help. KInda hard to do some times without the Egyptians. Don't feel guilty asking. One of the available keys to life itself. That's what He's there for. Always has been and always will be. He loves us all. I pray for your deliverance through this 'valley of the shadow of death'. That you may know that He's always with you. And always will be.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Rake, you're a highly valued member here at AZB and for the sake of all of us, get well soon. Wishing you better times ahead.

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will Pray for health and healing for you Jeff. God is good. Stay strong, thank the Lord for what you have been Blessed with throughout your life even more in difficult times.

Have Faith and Trust you will be amazed and the healing, power and peace you will receive if you believe.

Blessings,

-Kat,