Diamond pro ball return

Facundus Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A friend of mine bought out a poolroom from up north that had 3 older Diamond pros and 7 GC. I bought a pro from him and the pocket liners look like the webbing was cut from them. When I called Diamond he said the table was probably a ball return. I saw some pics of the storage unit where the tables were and there was a stack of what I thought were the black wire ball returns from the GC's. The guy at Diamond told me that some of them were probably for the pro's. I used to own a GC with a return so I am familiar with the setup but have never seen a Diamond with one. Does anyone have any info on these of have ever dealt with one before. I guess once we dig through we will be able to distinguish which ones are which. Are these a PIA ? Should I just buy a pocket set? Any pics of one out there? Diamond said they really had no info on this
-Thanks

RackemBilliards

Player, Room Owner
Silver Member
I have 2 9 foot Pros that have ball returns. They were purchased in 2000, and I think it was a $400 option at the time. They came with a ball box that has separate sections on each side for one pocket. The returns appear similar to the GC in that they are black and rubber coated. There are 2 rails on each side, like the GC. I think it was kind of an afterthought for these tables, and they weren't very well designed. The GC ones work much better. It took a lot of shimming and tweaking, but we did get them to work and have used them now for 15 years. They still are not perfect, but ok. My understanding is that the ball return option for these tables went away shortly after that, which is why there aren't more of them around. I only ordered the ball returns because all of our other tables were GCs with ball returns. I now have 4 9 foot Pros, the 2 returns, and 2 with drop pockets. The drop pocket tables were easier to set up, and easier to recover. Give me a call if you want to see some pics.
Dave 541-944-6260

Facundus Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the info David. I will see if I can figure it out and if not I may very well give you a call. I remember fussing around a bit with the one on my GC. I thought these were pretty unique. I am no mechanic but have been around a little and never seen or heard of one on a pro.