Alex, a hustler?

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is Alex a pool hustler? How good is he? Seems like he might make more in one on one action then in tournaments. Also seems like few want to match up even with him.

I enjoy watching him and would like to see him and Dennis playing even up One Pocket.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He's not a hustler. He just likes to get and doesn't need the nuts to do it. Which is why he can get action anywhere. He keeps the game enjoyable, win or lose. He's great for the game.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wish there were more stories about the time he and Corey spent on the road, being pirates.

I do NOT want to hear the tale of the big car again.:wink:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I wish there were more stories about the time he and Corey spent on the road, being pirates.

gee
i never heard that story
what happened??
:grin:

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a little hard to hustle anyone, {that isn't brain damaged} when there are thousands of hours of video, of you playing against the best players in the world .
He might hustle someone at doing a back flip and landing in his hi tops, but on a pool table , he's pretty well shown his ability , not only to make great shots and play smart, but also how to deal with unforseen events, that sometimes happen.
Which to me is the difference between great players and champions.
Grady used to say something to the effect of anybody can win when they are playing great, but it takes a champion to win when they aren't.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And Alex finds ways to win. Proven champion, for sure.

It's a little hard to hustle anyone, {that isn't brain damaged} when there are thousands of hours of video, of you playing against the best players in the world .
He might hustle someone at doing a back flip and landing in his hi tops, but on a pool table , he's pretty well shown his ability , not only to make great shots and play smart, but also how to deal with unforseen events, that sometimes happen.
Which to me is the difference between great players and champions.
Grady used to say something to the effect of anybody can win when they are playing great, but it takes a champion to win when they aren't.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
gee
i never heard that story
what happened??
:grin:

Dammit! I am not falling for that.

Or am i?!
They had a big American car. Like real big. Alex never got to drive.

Alex finally was allowed to drive and he couldn't see over the wheel.

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
What’s a 55+ Fargorate edge worth in 1p? I get the home court and all that versus Justin Hall.

Last edited:

Jimbojim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex is a world champion and a US Open champion just to name a few. This should be pretty self-explanatory.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
If you wanna be the GOAT....

0965E982-3633-4A9D-89A0-001B36EADBFF.jpg

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What’s a 55+ Fargorate edge worth in 1p? I get the home court and all that versus Justin Hall.

Don't forget the spot - 9/8 and 8/7.

I don't think you can correlate Fargorate to 1P, or SVB would be spotting Alex and T-Rex and that will never happen. Better question might be what is being #1 or #2 in the world in 1p to wherever Justin is.

jazznpool

Gold Member
Silver Member
Don't forget the spot - 9/8 and 8/7.

I don't think you can correlate Fargorate to 1P, or SVB would be spotting Alex and T-Rex and that will never happen. Better question might be what is being #1 or #2 in the world in 1p to wherever Justin is.

Yes, there is some correlation with one pocket. It tells me Alex has a superior cueball and ball pocketing ability. The question is does 9/8, 8/7 and home table advantage over-compensate for that. We shall soon see. If I had to bet, it would be on Alex.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Dammit! I am not falling for that.

Or am i?!

They had a big American car. Like real big. Alex never got to drive.

Alex finally was allowed to drive and he couldn't see over the wheel.

I always thought if Alex were the very serious type that the world would want no part of him.....he’s the best all around player in the world and has been for years imop. But with all the egos and hard asses out there, alexes “youthful” ways have always been a breath of fresh air in the game. I’m sure I’m not the only one who’s been excited about watching him mature as a player.

But I think at least in regards to the car story...at minimum were even but he may need a ball in regards to this story 🤣

I feel alexes growing pain lmao, back when I lived in Tulsa we go on a road trip. My buddy had this huge old hooptie crystler New Yorker. We get into Kansas and asked if I didn’t mind driving......

Well the got dam seat was broken somehow it was connected at two back corners but not in the front....

So I get in that drivers seat and I kinda got to reach for the pedal....my buddy being a tall black guy with immovable drivers seat really had me in some kinda task ....

Boy I put my cheeks on the edge of that front seat, stretched my short legs far as they could go and BARELY could touch that pedal.....which made the car lurch forward when I did make contact, which made the got dam seat lean and buck backwards before throwing the weight back down which made my foot slap the pedal too hard once again which had me again riding a driver seat bronco.....

Everyone in the car including my gf is just crying laughing at what just happened......

Homie tells me “man I thought you said you could drive you trying to make us car sick or what?”

I says “go to hell and get your big y’all ass behind me and put them knees in the back of this pos seat before we all end up playing like 5s because of the whiplash”

God did I hate that car nothing ever made me feel like such a goof as that 🤣 and every time I’ve seen or talk to those that were there they never live it down . Good times tho good times

-greyghost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, there is some correlation with one pocket. It tells me Alex has a superior cueball and ball pocketing ability. The question is does 9/8, 8/7 and home table advantage over-compensate for that. We shall soon see. If I had to bet, it would be on Alex.

I didn’t say it was irrelevant information, but it doesn’t directly correlate. For example, if YL Chang (who has the same fargorating as Alex) plays Justin Hall on that table with that spot, my money is on Justin all day. Indeed, Justin might be the favourite without a spot.

jazznpool

Gold Member
Silver Member
I didn’t say it was irrelevant information, but it doesn’t directly correlate. For example, if YL Chang (who has the same fargorating as Alex) plays Justin Hall on that table with that spot, my money is on Justin all day. Indeed, Justin might be the favourite without a spot.

The assumption, of course, that both Fargo rated players have pro level one pocket skills.

I've heard that to date nobody has beat Justin on that table. I wonder what makes that table so unique? Is it extremely bouncey as red label Diamonds tend to be? Are the pockets more restrictive than 4-1/4"? Being a top world class competitor for quite a few years I'd think Alex is adept at adapting to all kinds of playing conditions. It's a fascinating match-up. Alex still has to approve of the table is what I understood. I wonder if that has happened already? The match starts tomorrow.

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
He's not a hustler. He just likes to get and doesn't need the nuts to do it. Which is why he can get action anywhere. He keeps the game enjoyable, win or lose. He's great for the game.

Best post in the thread :thumbup:

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member

The story you wanna hear, is when Alex bought a beautiful call girl for Cory. Except he really wasn't a girl, and Alex knew it. That's all I'm saying though :D:D:D
It wasn't Rhea either :grin::grin::grin: