• Tony Layne Break

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • BeCue Dark Matter

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AXL

Registered
Had the latest OB Rift with the rubber grip and speed shaft... Sent it back after one league night. I absolutely love my BK3, with a Taum tip. Hits like a ton of Bricks but with great control. I wouldn’t change a thing about it. You say you don’t like predator but this is just My .02

JayBates

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You may have made your decision by now but just to add some feedback for future search results....

I bought the OB Rift with both their speed shaft and control shaft. I've always valued squatting the cue ball in the center of the table more so than crushing the rack at a million miles per hour. Because of this I've become less of a phenolic/non leather tip fan but still wanted to give it a try.

Myself and everyone locally that has used it likes the cue overall and prefers the control shaft. The control shaft still packs a good punch but It's also a little more forgiving on those occasional break strokes that aren't perfect.

The people who naturally have a higher grip hand at cue ball impact bounce the cue ball into the rack (micro jump shot due to cue angle) and either pop the cue ball up in the air or fly the cue ball a few tables over. One thing I've noticed from watching these people use the OB Rift and control shaft is that the cue ball stays on the table much more often without the observation of decreased power or spread. I think this is the greatest advantage the control shaft has.

I suppose my final statement would be that I get good results breaking with my playing cue or with a house cue, get better results with the OB Rift and speed shaft, and I more consistently get the best results I can currently achieve with the OB Rift and control shaft.

ascreech

Registered
If you haven't pulled the trigger on something new yet, it was previously suggested to change the tip. I bought a Stinger almost a decade ago with the original phenolic tip; liked it a lot. When phenolic was banned for a while, I purchased a second Stinger shaft with the Samsara tip. I liked the better control, but it seemed to lack some speed, and it was damned near impossible to reshape when the center layer flaked off. When the ban was lifted, I tried the phenolic again, but it cracked and a chunk came off due to a miscue (operator error). I replaced the phenolic with a White Diamond and haven't looked back. Good speed and control, maintains its shape (touch-up every six months or so?), and holds chalk well. It's a keeper for me.

- Andrew

A-A-RON

Registered
Update:
I ended up order the Limited Edition OB break cue w/ Control shaft from Seyberts. Should be in by tomorrow and ill get to test run with it by Thursday. Hoping it will have been a good purchase even though I was leaning towards the Samsara break cue. But at half the price, coming from a reputable company and the 6-8 week lead time from Samsara I figure for about $350 it isnt a bad bargain. Im not one for greatly custom break cues, just need a step up from what I feel is a lacking & inferior break cue in the Stinger. Half the time I used a house cue and got just as good as breaks. Im positive this OB break cue & Control shaft will satisfy my itch.... at least for awhile haha

Ill make a full review after a week or so of use with it.