Nicest customs you have picked up for under $500

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
My first Balabushka

It was $100 with 1 shaft used. Titlist front. 14th Birthday present. Loaned it out.
Stolen of course,
Nick :)

swellone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These were crafted by Bill Stelzenmuller in NC... < $500

4yzy3y9u.jpg

u2e8y2ub.jpg

ehu9a3y8.jpg

Sent from MotoX via Tapatalk

swellone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Left: King Wood, Birdseye Maple, Black Palm butt cap & joint, mother of pearl (man made :) inlay ring work.

Right: Leopard Wood, curly maple grip & joint, black dots inlaid, Leopard wood & ebony custom ring work

Sent from MotoX via Tapatalk

DrGonzo

As your attorney...
Silver Member
Here is a 1970's Joss West (Bill Stroud) in mint condition.I bought it from the original owner.He had stored it under his bed for over 40 years.He told me that he paid $200.00 for it,so I offered him his money back.I got it for 2 hundred.It played great too,and was really fun to play with.Nice action on the cb.I was in the right place at the right time.

View attachment 331011

Funny....I've got the same cue....and the same case... :thumbup:

batalarms

Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
That's a nice cue you have there.Bill made some great cues,and I really enjoyed playing with the one that I had.The original shaft was very fat (over 13 mm),but I picked up another matching shaft that was thinner,and it played great.I am sorry that I sold mine.
Funny....I've got the same cue....and the same case... :thumbup:

DrGonzo

As your attorney...
Silver Member
That's a nice cue you have there.Bill made some great cues,and I really enjoyed playing with the one that I had.The original shaft was very fat (over 13 mm),but I picked up another matching shaft that was thinner,and it played great.I am sorry that I sold mine.

Mine came with one shaft that was under 12mm...I picked up another one that is closer to 12.75. :) I love the cue. Had it refinished by Proficient Billiards, who did a fantastic job. Now it's a great shooter to bring to the pool hall when I go, and don't want to bring anything fancy.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
$125 with 2 shafts. Doc Fry 1965

Attachments

• Doc Frye 2.jpg
    Doc Frye 2.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 346
  • Doc Frye.jpg
    Doc Frye.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 341

ADAM HENSON

---&#127775;&#127775;&#127775;&#127775;&#127775;--
Silver Member
Bob Thompson hasn't made cues for years, but I got a hold of him to see if he had any leftover, he had a good number still and I bought 4 from him so he gave me a large discount on the order, this one came out at 500 discounted, stag joint, rings, butt and ferrule, I love stag in cues

___
A hunters dream cue ;) nice!

Mikiemopa

pechauer dealer
Silver Member
This was well worth the money, and the fact I went to his shop and picked the blank and rings out, makes it that much better.

Attachments

• IMG_20140619_103434_400.jpg
    IMG_20140619_103434_400.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_20140619_103456_561.jpg
    IMG_20140619_103456_561.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 224