AzBilliards.com  
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Pitted Valley Slate
Old
  (#1)
cnyncrvr
AzB Silver Member
cnyncrvr has a reputation beyond reputecnyncrvr has a reputation beyond reputecnyncrvr has a reputation beyond reputecnyncrvr has a reputation beyond reputecnyncrvr has a reputation beyond reputecnyncrvr has a reputation beyond reputecnyncrvr has a reputation beyond reputecnyncrvr has a reputation beyond reputecnyncrvr has a reputation beyond reputecnyncrvr has a reputation beyond reputecnyncrvr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Pitted Valley Slate - 11-15-2018, 01:12 PM

Just curious, anyone ever seen an older sheet metal corner style valley table with slate that was pitted everywhere, not from damage but just pitted randomly across the surface of the entire slate. Kinda resembles an old man who had one really bad case of acne as a young man. None of the pitting is terribly deep. Looks like I am gonna have one heck of a long bondo job to do.

Table
Old
  (#2)
ROB.M
:)
ROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 980

Table - 11-15-2018, 03:48 PM

Check to make sure someone havenít flipped the slate over..one way to tell would be the pocket radius chamfer, if it has a pocket chamfer on both sides its a telltale sign that itís been flipped and someone chamfered/rounded the pocket cut on the slate. If itís chamfer side down itís obvious itís flipped.

Rob.M

Couldn't play dead in a cowboy movie'

Old
  (#3)
cnyncrvr
AzB Silver Member
cnyncrvr has a reputation beyond reputecnyncrvr has a reputation beyond reputecnyncrvr has a reputation beyond reputecnyncrvr has a reputation beyond reputecnyncrvr has a reputation beyond reputecnyncrvr has a reputation beyond reputecnyncrvr has a reputation beyond reputecnyncrvr has a reputation beyond reputecnyncrvr has a reputation beyond reputecnyncrvr has a reputation beyond reputecnyncrvr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-15-2018, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROB.M View Post
Check to make sure someone havenít flipped the slate over..one way to tell would be the pocket radius chamfer, if it has a pocket chamfer on both sides its a telltale sign that itís been flipped and someone chamfered/rounded the pocket cut on the slate. If itís chamfer side down itís obvious itís flipped.

Rob.M
Yeah I am pretty sure the slate was flipped the more I have looked at the table, I can clearly see the honing marks on what is now the bottom of the slate. Its an early 80's table from what I can tell, last time it was worked on was 2011 and I dont think anyone has ever scraped the old glue off the table as there was between a 1/16 and 1/8 of an inch of build up on both sides of the slate. The supports still had the valley backed cloth strips glued to them. Judging by the fact that it had a bunch of little bouncing balls inside the cabinet and several prize tickets I am guessing it came out of some long closed arcade and they probably had their in house maintenance guy redo the cloth when it needed it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: