Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Cue Maker / Ariel Carmeli
Page 5 of 5 « First 345

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#61)
sgonzalez34
AzB Silver Member
sgonzalez34 has a reputation beyond reputesgonzalez34 has a reputation beyond reputesgonzalez34 has a reputation beyond reputesgonzalez34 has a reputation beyond reputesgonzalez34 has a reputation beyond reputesgonzalez34 has a reputation beyond reputesgonzalez34 has a reputation beyond reputesgonzalez34 has a reputation beyond reputesgonzalez34 has a reputation beyond reputesgonzalez34 has a reputation beyond reputesgonzalez34 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-15-2019, 06:03 PM

Cadillac....thank you, thank you, thank! Thanks to your post, that Ash Burl/Ebony AC is on the way to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old
  (#62)
Cadillac J
AzB Silver Member
Cadillac J has a reputation beyond reputeCadillac J has a reputation beyond reputeCadillac J has a reputation beyond reputeCadillac J has a reputation beyond reputeCadillac J has a reputation beyond reputeCadillac J has a reputation beyond reputeCadillac J has a reputation beyond reputeCadillac J has a reputation beyond reputeCadillac J has a reputation beyond reputeCadillac J has a reputation beyond reputeCadillac J has a reputation beyond repute

07-17-2019, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgonzalez34 View Post
Cadillac....thank you, thank you, thank! Thanks to your post, that Ash Burl/Ebony AC is on the way to me.
I'm glad I could help. As said before, you gotta show the pictures when you get that beauty. Look up Ariel Carmelli cues on YouTube and watch the video where he is featured in a section of it

Old
  (#63)
Snooker Theory
AzB Silver Member
Snooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond repute

07-17-2019, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins View Post
Sure.. If you're referring to me, ya got me except I never said I wasn't a "fan" of "his" work. His build may be nice. I've heard he builds a solid cue. I'm not sure though since I've only seen a few, held less, and played with none..

What I did say is that he blatantly copied a Bob Manzino original design (Dueling Dragons) without asking or giving Bob credit in public. Something I've heard he's done with other makers work as well.

So you can "lol" all you want but I know Bob ain't laughing.

That said there are those like yourself, in fact too many IMO, who don't care about those things. Shame really. To each their own I guess.

As for the OP's cue, it looks nice and I hope he enjoy's his cue for a long time.
So you talked to Bob about this design in person, and Bob said Ariel stole his design, or is that your interpretation, or did Bob publicly say this???
Did you talk to Ariel too?

No chance the person who the cue was built for asked for a similar design to Bob's dueling dragons?

I am going to have David build me a cue once I get a design I like worked out, there is an inlay design I might ask to be added which I have only seen on a ginacue, if David follows my request, is he stealing Ernie's design? Am I thief?

I also never said you weren't a fan of his work, but you stating he blatantly copied Bob's work and going off on the guy in numerous threads, obviously you must be a huge fan.

Old
  (#64)
skins
Likes to draw
skins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond repute

07-17-2019, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooker Theory View Post
So you talked to Bob about this design in person, and Bob said Ariel stole his design, or is that your interpretation, or did Bob publicly say this???
Did you talk to Ariel too?
Yes I've talked to Bob. As for talking to Ariel, there's no need. My information and thoughts come from the source.

Quote:
No chance the person who the cue was built for asked for a similar design to Bob's dueling dragons?
IMO It doesn't matter what the customer "asks" for. The cuemaker should build what THEY or thier customer ORIGINALLY designs OR get permission if the design is not theirs AND the designer or maker is still active building cues or even alive IMO.

Quote:
I am going to have David build me a cue once I get a design I like worked out, there is an inlay design I might ask to be added which I have only seen on a ginacue, if David follows my request, is he stealing Ernie's design? Am I thief?
You, thief? No... But without Ernie's permission, the maker is IMO.

Quote:
I also never said you weren't a fan of his work, but you stating he blatantly copied Bob's work and going off on the guy in numerous threads, obviously you must be a huge fan.
Sure, you didnt specifically name me but by your "numerous threads" comment in this post, besides the timng of your intial post, you obviousley meant so. LOL... As for being a "fan", of his use of design work by other active makers I'm not, but as a builder of cues in general I have no opinion either way as I've explained why.

Some say imitation is the greatest form of flattery but if you tell that to the one being imitated who's work is supplying the income for their living, you couldn't sell that no matter how good of a salesperson you are.....

Design is a fingerprint of the mind....

Old
  (#65)
Snooker Theory
AzB Silver Member
Snooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond repute

07-18-2019, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins View Post
Yes I've talked to Bob. As for talking to Ariel, there's no need. My information and thoughts come from the source.

IMO It doesn't matter what the customer "asks" for. The cuemaker should build what THEY or thier customer ORIGINALLY designs OR get permission if the design is not theirs AND the designer or maker is still active building cues or even alive IMO.

You, thief? No... But without Ernie's permission, the maker is IMO.

Sure, you didnt specifically name me but by your "numerous threads" comment in this post, besides the timng of your intial post, you obviousley meant so. LOL... As for being a "fan", of his use of design work by other active makers I'm not, but as a builder of cues in general I have no opinion either way as I've explained why.

Some say imitation is the greatest form of flattery but if you tell that to the one being imitated who's work is supplying the income for their living, you couldn't sell that no matter how good of a salesperson you are.....

Ariel Carmeli
Old
  (#66)
ShootPool1967
Carmeli & Lomax Cues
ShootPool1967 has a reputation beyond reputeShootPool1967 has a reputation beyond reputeShootPool1967 has a reputation beyond reputeShootPool1967 has a reputation beyond reputeShootPool1967 has a reputation beyond reputeShootPool1967 has a reputation beyond reputeShootPool1967 has a reputation beyond reputeShootPool1967 has a reputation beyond reputeShootPool1967 has a reputation beyond reputeShootPool1967 has a reputation beyond reputeShootPool1967 has a reputation beyond repute

Arrow Ariel Carmeli - 08-08-2019, 06:14 PM

If you want a cue that looks fantastic and plays fantastic, go with a Ariel Carmeli. I have a total of six. I shoot with one and five are in my collection. His dealers can also provide further info. There are two Carmeli dealers that I work with if I am not dealing with Carmeli directly.

Tom @ recollectioncues.com
Martin @ superiorcues.com

Also, the picture of the cue that brilliance AzB Silver Member posted within this thread is in my collection.

===============================================
Daily Player: Ariel Carmeli 4 Point Sneaky Pete
Daily Break: Lomax (Thuya Burl)
Daily Jump: Lomax (Rosewood)
Case: JB Custom 4x8 Extreme Rugged
Tips: Moori (Player Shafts) Samsara (Break Shafts)
Joint Protectors: Steve Kornele
Collection: 8 Ariel Carmeli
===============================================

Last edited by ShootPool1967; 08-08-2019 at 06:22 PM.

Old
  (#67)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

08-08-2019, 08:02 PM

I've known Ariel for a long time and he is a stand up guy as well as a damn good cue maker. He is one of the elite cue makers on the West Coast and his cues command premium prices, comparable to Prewitt and maybe just under Gina and Tad's. Besides making fine looking cues, Carmeli's are known for their playability. He doesn't make cues to sit on the wall. He wants people to play with them and appreciate them for what they were made to do.

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Last edited by jay helfert; 08-08-2019 at 09:18 PM.

Old
  (#68)
misterpoole
AzB Silver Member
misterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond repute

08-08-2019, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
I've known Ariel for a long time and he is a stand up guy as well as a damn good cue maker. He is one of the elite cue makers on the West Coast and his cues command premium prices, comparable to Prewitt and maybe just under Gina and Tad's. Besides making fine looking cues, Carmelli's are known for their playability. He doesn't make cues to sit on the wall. He wants people to play with them and appreciate them for what they were made to do.
I dont think Ed would appreciate that comparison. A Prewitt cue is distinctive. A Carmeli cue does include styles made distinctive by other cuemakers.
Ariel does make a nice playing cue based on the ones i have had a chance to play with

Last edited by misterpoole; 08-08-2019 at 08:34 PM.

Old
  (#69)
Michael Andros
tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Michael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond repute

08-09-2019, 05:32 AM

I haven't had the energy as yet, to play anywhere near as much as I "normally" ( before the chemo and radiation) do, but to the extent I *have* played with it ( just a bit yesterday, actually ), my Carmeli hits balls SOLID AS A ROCK. I have always gone strictly by "feel", with no other considerations, in judging how a cue hit balls and this cue is "top of the pops", as far as I'm concerned. I couldn't possibly care less as to whether or not the "style" is "begged, borrowed or stolen" from another maker. In my particular case, it's a ( GORGEOUS ) Bushka tribute, but even were it not, and it copied or aped another "style", it would make no difference to me whatsoever. For me, it's the quality of the cue itself and not whether it shares certain aesthetics, "borrowed" or not, with another cue maker's work.

Simply my .02.

Player: Ariel Carmeli Titlist Balaushka Tribute
Player: Sideways JossWest
Player: Dave Brainard Titlist - Rambow replica
Player: Tad model Tad-4-P
Player: Meucci QB-12
Player: Joss 10-08
Case: Fellini 1x2
Case: Katana 2x4

"Nobody in the world is going to do anything but sit and watch... while you run out."

~ Tony Proestos ~

"If they don't make you post, bet high!"

~ Fat Randy ~

"The secret to winning one pocket? Run more 8 and outs."

~ Ronnie Allen ~

Page 5 of 5 « First 345

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: