Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page EMILY DUDDY Professional
Page 15 of 20 « First 5131415 1617 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#211)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-10-2019, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBC View Post
Least we agree on something.

Widow still open....Friday in ER with vertigo for 10 hours....same game.
Damn kid, vertigo sucks bigtime.

Havent had it it a while, gotta be careful, could fall down anytime. Always made very slow movements when I had it.

Hope you are getting better.

Btw, we agree on a lot more than that.

Last edited by jasonlaus; 10-10-2019 at 12:58 PM.

Old
  (#212)
ShortBusRuss
Short Bus Russ - C Player
ShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond repute

10-10-2019, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvc lou View Post
I'm not surprised Duddy ducked you, but Jeanette Lee ? That's pretty strong.

I'm good. Say hi to everyone at SC Billiards for me, would you?

Best,
Lou
Doesn't surprise me at all. Some might not know, but Jeanette is a notorious nut-hunter.

True story: Either 2 or 3 years ago at Derby, Jeanette is in the DCC action room trying to match up, and Strong Arm John is with her, and likes a certain game Jeanette has been offered. Jeanette tells him quietly off to the side, and I am quoting here....

"We don't have to take an even game. Everyone here wants a piece of me, and many will give up a lot of weight to say them beat me. We can wait on the game to be heavily in our favor. Be patient."

And, well.... She's right. She doesn't ever need to play anyone without the nuts, so someone bragging about Jeanette turning them down for a game, is not especially impressive. Thousands of male players out there with too much ego are perfectly willing to take the worst of it, and try to outrun the nuts, to say they beat her.

Old
  (#213)
SBC
AzB Silver Member
SBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond repute

10-11-2019, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvc lou View Post
I'm not surprised Duddy ducked you, but Jeanette Lee ? That's pretty strong.

I'm good. Say hi to everyone at SC Billiards for me, would you?

Best,
Lou
Yep 100 a rack 8 ball...shocking

Sure will

Old
  (#214)
SBC
AzB Silver Member
SBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond repute

10-11-2019, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortBusRuss View Post
Doesn't surprise me at all. Some might not know, but Jeanette is a notorious nut-hunter.

True story: Either 2 or 3 years ago at Derby, Jeanette is in the DCC action room trying to match up, and Strong Arm John is with her, and likes a certain game Jeanette has been offered. Jeanette tells him quietly off to the side, and I am quoting here....

"We don't have to take an even game. Everyone here wants a piece of me, and many will give up a lot of weight to say them beat me. We can wait on the game to be heavily in our favor. Be patient."

And, well.... She's right. She doesn't ever need to play anyone without the nuts, so someone bragging about Jeanette turning them down for a game, is not especially impressive. Thousands of male players out there with too much ego are perfectly willing to take the worst of it, and try to outrun the nuts, to say they beat her.
I've made bad games for a decade....
Pressure breaks pipes, but for some it makes diamonds.

Old
  (#215)
Pete
AzB Silver Member
Pete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond repute

10-11-2019, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
No, it doesn't. If it did, what is the magic number that one must make to be a pro?

SVB is the best pool player in the country, and there is some rookie that has not even made to the Major Leagues yet, riding buses in the Carolina league, and makes more money than Shane could ever dream of. But, they are both pro's, right?

I'd say were you rank has more to do with being a pro. Then we could at least argue you need to be at a certain level to considered a pro... top 30, top 50, whatever, but at least it's clear cut, with no subjective opinions. Either you are at this level or you are not. Very simple.
Question so let's say Emily is in he top 10 (as she stated on the show) of the WPBA Tour. Yet she based on her Fargorate is merely a B Player. So in the World if Pool are there any B Players in your opinion that are Pros?

Or is it that you consider women and their play level so inferior to their male counterparts that the skill expectations are that low.

She, Emily complained and compared what Shane makes compared to her (in the first few minutes of that show). She insinuates that women are unfairly paid far less. What I am seeing is that is a lie. I know men with the same and higher rates skills then Emily "Profesional Pool Player" Duffy. None of them make $15+k per year because they aren't Profesional Pool Players, they are B Players.

So as I see it, women have a higher pay scale then men for the same amount of "wirk". But as with many women (and liberal types) they prefer to not look at the truth and only the "Head Lines" (regardless of reality). Emily perhaps makes a living at pool but so does a lot of Pool instructors. And they ain't Pro Players Either.

So imo, either you (meaning anyone who wants to claim her level is pro because her "league" claims pro) feel that women should be given a special standard (fue to lack of playing skill) or you don't.

I think it's ok for her and her like to play in tournaments and make money. But I find it insulting to Real Pro Players when she and her like make false accusations. It makes our sport look like a big joke...

Old
  (#216)
WoodyMPW
AzB Silver Member
WoodyMPW has a reputation beyond reputeWoodyMPW has a reputation beyond reputeWoodyMPW has a reputation beyond reputeWoodyMPW has a reputation beyond reputeWoodyMPW has a reputation beyond reputeWoodyMPW has a reputation beyond reputeWoodyMPW has a reputation beyond reputeWoodyMPW has a reputation beyond reputeWoodyMPW has a reputation beyond reputeWoodyMPW has a reputation beyond reputeWoodyMPW has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-11-2019, 07:32 AM

^Do you read what you type. What a mess.

Old
  (#217)
Pete
AzB Silver Member
Pete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond repute

10-11-2019, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyMPW View Post
^Do you read what you type. What a mess.
Me?

If so, my phone auto correct. I don't always catch. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Old
  (#218)
YoungAtHeart
AzB Bronze Member
YoungAtHeart has a reputation beyond reputeYoungAtHeart has a reputation beyond reputeYoungAtHeart has a reputation beyond reputeYoungAtHeart has a reputation beyond reputeYoungAtHeart has a reputation beyond reputeYoungAtHeart has a reputation beyond reputeYoungAtHeart has a reputation beyond reputeYoungAtHeart has a reputation beyond reputeYoungAtHeart has a reputation beyond reputeYoungAtHeart has a reputation beyond reputeYoungAtHeart has a reputation beyond repute

Post 10-11-2019, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Question so let's say Emily is in he top 10 (as she stated on the show) of the WPBA Tour. Yet she based on her Fargorate is merely a B Player. So in the World if Pool are there any B Players in your opinion that are Pros?

Or is it that you consider women and their play level so inferior to their male counterparts that the skill expectations are that low.

She, Emily complained and compared what Shane makes compared to her (in the first few minutes of that show). She insinuates that women are unfairly paid far less. What I am seeing is that is a lie. I know men with the same and higher rates skills then Emily "Profesional Pool Player" Duffy. None of them make $15+k per year because they aren't Profesional Pool Players, they are B Players.

So as I see it, women have a higher pay scale then men for the same amount of "wirk". But as with many women (and liberal types) they prefer to not look at the truth and only the "Head Lines" (regardless of reality). Emily perhaps makes a living at pool but so does a lot of Pool instructors. And they ain't Pro Players Either.

So imo, either you (meaning anyone who wants to claim her level is pro because her "league" claims pro) feel that women should be given a special standard (fue to lack of playing skill) or you don't.

I think it's ok for her and her like to play in tournaments and make money. But I find it insulting to Real Pro Players when she and her like make false accusations. It makes our sport look like a big joke...
IMO Women actually have the potential to earn more.
They have their own tour, which obviously men cannot enter.
And then there are all the 'normal' comps. Most are 'open' events and not 'men only' events. eg US Open, International Open, Turning Stone, etc, etc, etc.
So it should be Shane moaning he doesn't have as many opportunities as Emily to earn money

Old
  (#219)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

10-11-2019, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungAtHeart View Post
IMO Women actually have the potential to earn more.
They have their own tour, which obviously men cannot enter.
And then there are all the 'normal' comps. Most are 'open' events and not 'men only' events. eg US Open, International Open, Turning Stone, etc, etc, etc.
So it should be Shane moaning he doesn't have as many opportunities as Emily to earn money
Plus Siming Chen(a real pro)is like #5 or 6 on the money list. So she can take that "opportunity" crap somewhere else.

Old
  (#220)
SBC
AzB Silver Member

10-11-2019, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post

The prior 2 best WPBA females barely play anymore, Fisher and Corr.

Wouldn't know who the top American female is now???

Old
  (#221)
DecentShot
AzB Silver Member
DecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond repute

10-11-2019, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBC View Post
The prior 2 best WPBA females barely play anymore, Fisher and Corr.

Wouldn't know who the top American female is now???
V.V. but she doesn't get to practice as much with her busy tournament promotion schedule.

Old
  (#222)
couldnthinkof01
AzB Silver Member
couldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond repute

Cool 10-11-2019, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecentShot View Post
V.V. but she doesn't get to practice as much with her busy tournament promotion schedule.

Old
  (#223)
couldnthinkof01
AzB Silver Member
couldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond repute

10-11-2019, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecentShot View Post
Nobody mentions this, but its hard to market Lesbians.
Lpga does ok
Nobody mentions it probably because its a non-issue.

Like the WNBA, most people don't care to watch a less
athletic and slower version of the NBA.

Pool viewership is very small. That small group is
even smaller when you consider the average skill
level of womens pool.

If anything watching ladies( gay or straight) who play well bending over a table to play a good game of pool is better
than watching men, just aint that many that play well.

Old
  (#224)
DecentShot
AzB Silver Member
DecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond repute

10-11-2019, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by couldnthinkof01 View Post
Lpga does ok
Nobody mentions it probably because its a non-issue.

Like the WNBA, most people don't care to watch a less
athletic and slower version of the NBA.

Pool viewership is very small. That small group is
even smaller when you consider the average skill
level of womens pool.

If anything watching ladies( gay or straight) who play well bending over a table to play a good game of pool is better
than watching men, just aint that many that play well.
The LPGA is the first thing that comes to mind, but, for many reasons its a false analogy.
The WNBA is closer, but that's a different kind of marketing and a different kind of spectator.
Corr had a spinster vibe, but she could have marketed her assests with a different attitude.

Old
  (#225)
DecentShot
AzB Silver Member

10-11-2019, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingArts View Post
It is a funny thing, I have looked at quite a few lezzies over the years, most of them look just the same as straight girls. Make them all abide by a dress code as the tour made the gals do and I would bet money that nobody could tell who was gay and who wasn't just looking at them from the shoulders down.

I don't know it for a fact but I have heard that one of the best known lesbian lady players ain't, maybe she is bi, maybe she is straight and has fun with the rumors!

When homosexuals of any variety try to recruit my minor children or grandchildren I'll object most vehemently. In any other situation, who cares, and why?

Hu
Well, Hu I agree with your sentiment. Why? That's a good question. I wasn't just bringing it up to bring it up. People want to know why those early 2000's ladies didn't get the juice that J.L. gets? Duchess of Doom? Irish Invader? whos that? Black Widow? The pretty Asian gal with long hair and dresses in form fitting black patent leather. That's why. As to your tell by sight challenge? I bet you I could. (Although recent computer A.I. was able to predict Men to a 90% or so and women only %70 or so just by face. This correlates to what researchers already knew. Women's sexuality is more fluid and harder to detect because of that.)

Last edited by DecentShot; 10-11-2019 at 05:27 PM.

Page 15 of 20 « First 5131415 1617 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: