Chances of meeting single female that likes billiards

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
What are the chances of meeting a single straight female that likes billiards and is interested in starting a relationship?

I am basically deciding if pool is a good way to meet a woman for a relationship.

So far after a few years, it seems the sport is great for hanging out with the guys. But not for meeting the right woman.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
What are the chances of meeting a single straight female that likes billiards and is interested in starting a relationship?

I am basically deciding if pool is a good way to meet a woman for a relationship.

So far after a few years, it seems the sport is great for hanging out with the guys. But not for meeting the right woman.

I thought there was an age limit to post on this site?

tenfttall

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Leagues are what you’re looking for. Many, many people go to leagues for socialization, including single women.

Try to find a non-smoking pool room for best results. In the early Nineties, I taught beginners classes in an upscale poolroom that were filled almost entirely with single women. Almost all of them told me they wanted to learn to play pool to meet and socialize outside of a pickup bar type scene. It made me kind of disappointed that I was living with a girl who I met playing pool. Poor me! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Stay away from MD. If there are any pretty ones to be found I don’t wanna have to go caveman on a fellow AZBer.

Seriously though I think the best chance is by playing league pool (probably APA) in a major city. You get a lot of different people and it might be possible. I’ve been trying for a while but I play 1 pocket a lot and usually end up in the hood or hanging with older gents.

I did meet a cute girl at Qmasters but I was only there for the night

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try Tinder For Pool (as if that even existed).......but not the pool halls.....or join a bunch of leagues.

highkarate

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I once met a girl playing pool at a bar. This was in a college town (Boulder) so there were always a lot of pretty girls there playing pool, but this girl was really pretty and could really play. We played some together and chatted, turns out she grew up in China playing snooker and chinese 8-ball. 8 years later now and we have been married for 3. So yes, it happens, but I got really lucky to find my wife. I was there to shoot pool, not to meet girls, as this place had some serious players and a lot of gambling around the time I was hanging out there. But there she was, running out on people, so she really caught my attention. She doesn't play much pool anymore but she was a solid 6/7 in the APA for the few years she played.

Last edited:

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Join an APA team.
Find a good looking little 2 (skill level) buy her a drink, and ask her if she wants to get together and practice.
Just make sure she doesn't move up to a 3 (skill level)

overlord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In Los Angles there used to be a lot more women that played pool on a regular basis, along with really high end pool halls like Hollywood Athletic Club and the New Hollywood Billiards.

That is all gone now.

Dimeball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Son, pool and billiards is to escape woman....
Lol, just kidding, in my experience everything is better for meeting what you are looking for than pool. I ask my wife to come all the time, ain’t happening, so, boys night out again!

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

There are quite a few of them. But for each one there are 20 guys like you trying to get with them.

So the odds aren't good. Probably better off dating a woman who's an alcoholic and then just buying her drinks when she comes to watch you play.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I once asked a girl at the pool room to stroke my shaft and tell me if she thought it was whippy or stiff.
I got slapped.

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Like others have written, probably best to join a League. But, if you hang out at the same pool hall 4/5/6 night s a week, I would say odds are good of meeting somebody. You just have to be out there and available. As a side note; being decent looking yourself and a steady job doesn't hurt your chances...just sayin. Good luck :)

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member

Shouldn’t this be in the Action Room Forum?

I’ll bet $50
50 to 1 Odds

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I once asked a girl at the pool room to stroke my shaft and tell me if she thought it was whippy or stiff.
I got slapped.

Yep, they're kinda sensitive about that question. Next time, ask her if she'll wash your balls.