Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page John Schmidt 626 video Nov. 21 - semi-public (tickets required) viewing
Page 3 of 23 123 4513 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
one stroke
AzB Silver Member
one stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-10-2019, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xradarx View Post
Can't inspect the product, just man up and purchase the pig-in-a-poke, sight unseen. Next, just like in the barber shop!
Ha pay the hooker before services are rendered lol

Old
  (#32)
Joe_Jaguar
AzB Silver Member
Joe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond repute

11-10-2019, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one stroke View Post
Ha pay the hooker before services are rendered lol

Well, some might bite back.

Name:  Teeth.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  21.6 KB

Old
  (#33)
JazzyJeff87
AzB Plutonium Member
JazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond repute

11-10-2019, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xradarx View Post
Can't inspect the product, just man up and purchase the pig-in-a-poke, sight unseen. Next, just like in the barber shop!
Switch to a 314-3 and destroy your enemy. Park him in his chair for 5+ hours while you run 732 balls to finish out your race to 1,000. Fireworks, glory, the height of sport. Doo iiit.

Old
  (#34)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member
lfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond repute

11-10-2019, 07:19 PM

oh, I donít know.

Jan and Jerry McWorter are behind HiHat. I figure between them and JS homies coming up and perhaps Baby Huey banging the drum at his room they may get a semi-decent turnout.

But as a long term, sustainable (read: money making) proposition I think this approach is DOA.

Lou Figueroa

Need nothing from predator
Old
  (#35)
xradarx
AzB Silver Member
xradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond repute

Need nothing from predator - 11-10-2019, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyJeff87 View Post
Switch to a 314-3 and destroy your enemy. Park him in his chair for 5+ hours while you run 732 balls to finish out your race to 1,000. Fireworks, glory, the height of sport. Doo iiit.
sent many hustlers away without their stuff using house cues off the wall. Let's just say I did, be no different than his claim. You believe anything you here

Next
Old
  (#36)
xradarx
AzB Silver Member
xradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond repute

Next - 11-10-2019, 07:29 PM

Just fanning the flame, fire seems to be going out

Old
  (#37)
Cardigan Kid
AzB Silver Member
Cardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond repute

11-10-2019, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeiberLvr View Post
It's okay if I end up being wrong, but this seems like one of the worst ideas in a long line of bad ideas related to pool.
You aren’t wrong, this is a bad idea. The idea of a traveling road show viewing party for a something as monumental as this really lessens the quality and impact of the accomplishment.

Now if this was a dvd release party premiere with a highlight reel to be played on a big screen with a red carpet premiere style and pool dignitaries and players past and present all in attendance, now that would seem more apt.

But apparently John turned down $10 K for the rights to the video so is he thinking that this type of viewing will gather more than $10 k after a national tour of sideshows?

I and others have volleyed ideas in the other threads on what John could do, so there are options.
The one thing that is great about pool is the amount of professionals that are involved in the sport. If I want to know how to perform surgery, I have a doctor’s number in my phone who I payed a few rounds of pool with years back. I guess what I’m trying to say is all John would have to do is turn to the pool community and there would be advertising pros, audio visual pros, financial advisor pros all willing to step up with good ideas and positive influences to make sure this entire event, the record breaking run and it’s release to the world would’ve been handled properly to get John maximum value.

But in the end, the worst idea is chosen.
I seriously hope this isn’t all there is. Maybe it’s late and I’m a little short on positive energy right now, but damn, this could’ve been such a national story if handled the right way.
I wish John the best and I can’t wait to see the run, but in this day and age, i can’t even finish a 2 hour movie in one sitting, so no, I don’t see myself committing 6 hours to watch the run in one shot on a video projection system at a local bar.

Old
  (#38)
Cardigan Kid
AzB Silver Member
Cardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond repute

11-10-2019, 10:39 PM

And just for perspective....

The Mr 600 thread that was created back in July on AZ has 97 pages and over 57,000 views.....

While this thread announcing The viewing of the video is struggling to get to 1,000 views.

Yes, itís anecdotal and only AZ, but clearly interest and hype has diminished.

Old
  (#39)
Shuddy
AzB Silver Member
Shuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond repute

11-10-2019, 11:32 PM

The interesting part for me is the expectation that this achievement should generate income. John obviously made it a personal goal to break WM’s run with no promise of financial reward, just sponsorship and assistance along the way. He is now doing his best to monetize the accomplishment, which is his prerogative. However, is it something worthy of monetization?

Financial reward for sporting performance has generally always been reserved for elite athletes who best their peers in a competitive format. (Warning: I’m not American and know nothing about professional basketball players) I can’t imagine a basketball player breaking the consecutive free throw record and then charging people money to view it. And snooker accomplishments on the practice table are rarely even spoken of let alone counted toward any kind of official statistics. I can’t imagine Ronnie breaking his fastest 147 on the practice table and then charging people money to view it.

I’m not suggesting John has not achieved something spectacular, he has. And maybe his desire to monetize this achievement is more an indication of the sad state of competitive pool rather than a reflection of John himself. After all, basketball players don’t need to scrape extra pennies by doing exhibitions, and professional snooker players are rewarded considerably more than pool players.

I don’t know. It’s just an interesting situation. There is no precedent for what this accomplishment is worth. It will be interesting how pool playing public respond to this.

Old
  (#40)
Snooker Theory
AzB Silver Member
Snooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond repute

11-11-2019, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardigan Kid View Post
And just for perspective....

The Mr 600 thread that was created back in July on AZ has 97 pages and over 57,000 views.....

While this thread announcing The viewing of the video is struggling to get to 1,000 views.

Yes, itís anecdotal and only AZ, but clearly interest and hype has diminished.
Strike when the iron is hot

Old
  (#41)
skogstokig
AzB Silver Member
skogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond repute

11-11-2019, 12:46 AM

poor idea. you just have to look at the viewing figures for straight pool videos on youtube to see why this is a bad idea. add to that driving to the venue and pay 50$ to be sitting for 5 hours, watching a recorded video of a guy playing pool with himself. this needs to be a click away

Old
  (#42)
Shuddy
AzB Silver Member
Shuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond repute

11-11-2019, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skogstokig View Post
poor idea. you just have to look at the viewing figures for straight pool videos on youtube to see why this is a bad idea. add to that driving to the venue and pay 50$ to be sitting for 5 hours, watching a recorded video of a guy playing pool with himself. this needs to be a click away

Itís similar to English billiards. Itís just not particularly enjoyable watching high level long format billiards. I accompanied a friend who was playing in the world billiard championships. It was amazing. One day spectating, on the table I was closest to, my friend was on a 300 break against Mike Russel. Behind me, Geet Sethi was on a 200 break. Next to him, another Indian player was on a 200 break. The skill on display was breath taking.

And every single day, without fail, I fell asleep in the bleachers.

Old
  (#43)
logical
sarcasm while you wait
logical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

11-11-2019, 10:00 AM

I can't blame him for trying innovative things even if they appear at first glance to be a bit misguided. I wouldn't dedicate my life to something for 18 months unless there was about a half million $ at the end of the rainbow. If all he could sell the rights to a video for was a measly $10,000 he may as well gamble with it and see what happens.

Old
  (#44)
Nostroke
AzB Silver Member

Nostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 10475
  Send a message via MSN to Nostroke  
11-11-2019, 10:15 AM

Floparooski!

Old
  (#45)
WoodyMPW
AzB Silver Member
WoodyMPW has a reputation beyond reputeWoodyMPW has a reputation beyond reputeWoodyMPW has a reputation beyond reputeWoodyMPW has a reputation beyond reputeWoodyMPW has a reputation beyond reputeWoodyMPW has a reputation beyond reputeWoodyMPW has a reputation beyond reputeWoodyMPW has a reputation beyond reputeWoodyMPW has a reputation beyond reputeWoodyMPW has a reputation beyond reputeWoodyMPW has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

11-11-2019, 10:18 AM

If it was free on YouTube I still wouldn't sit through it.

Page 3 of 23 123 4513 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: