Thanks..
Old
  (#46)
Wags
2 pocket-one pocket table
Wags has a reputation beyond reputeWags has a reputation beyond reputeWags has a reputation beyond reputeWags has a reputation beyond reputeWags has a reputation beyond reputeWags has a reputation beyond reputeWags has a reputation beyond reputeWags has a reputation beyond reputeWags has a reputation beyond reputeWags has a reputation beyond reputeWags has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Thanks.. - 11-02-2011, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah blah View Post
This is only an example, and not a recommendation for the specific company:
Lulu Publish your own photobook.

Here's an example of some guy who took pictures of rocks at the beach.

Whoa- hang on, there are four pages of billiards related books (although NONE that are photography related) up there already!
Thanks Blah, I'll certainly look into that if I can't put together a hard cover book. It's nice to know there are options.

Jay

Lines I like to hear:

I put myself through college shooting pool.

I play in a pool league.

I'll play anyone in this bar for $100.

2 pocket one pocket tables
Old
  (#47)
Wags
Wags has a reputation beyond reputeWags has a reputation beyond reputeWags has a reputation beyond reputeWags has a reputation beyond reputeWags has a reputation beyond reputeWags has a reputation beyond reputeWags has a reputation beyond reputeWags has a reputation beyond reputeWags has a reputation beyond reputeWags has a reputation beyond reputeWags has a reputation beyond repute

2 pocket one pocket tables - 11-02-2011, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunger strike View Post
J-Town, before it closed, had several of these tables...they were Brunswick Centennials set up by Ted Pierson. They were not factory made this way, they were modified.
Good information!!! I will certainly use it. M-mmm, wonder what happened to those other ones?

Jay

Lines I like to hear:

I play in a pool league.

What????????????
Old
  (#48)
Wags

What???????????? - 11-02-2011, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolfire View Post
I have played on that table....and it was difficult to bank shots that normally would be automatic with no sidepocket there for reference..took a little while.....
Kyle, I have a hard time believing that you were having trouble making bank shots...straight in, OK, banks, I didn't think your ever missed.

Jay

Lines I like to hear:

I play in a pool league.

Old
  (#49)
JoeyA
Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
JoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1300

11-02-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
Joey, that is one of my projects in doing this. You guys catch on too fast. It will take about 3 years to accomplish.

Sitting in Fayetteville, AR getting my rear brakes done. They have WIFI.
Run over to Murfreesboro, AR and pick up some FREE diamonds, from the volcanic diamond mine there, for inlays in your next cue.

"I would rather not deal with such questions, because it's like shearing a piglet—a lot of squealing and little wool."

Old
  (#50)
poolfire
AzB Silver Member
poolfire has a reputation beyond reputepoolfire has a reputation beyond reputepoolfire has a reputation beyond reputepoolfire has a reputation beyond reputepoolfire has a reputation beyond reputepoolfire has a reputation beyond reputepoolfire has a reputation beyond reputepoolfire has a reputation beyond reputepoolfire has a reputation beyond reputepoolfire has a reputation beyond reputepoolfire has a reputation beyond repute

11-02-2011, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Kyle, I have a hard time believing that you were having trouble making bank shots...straight in, OK, banks, I didn't think your ever missed.
i thought it was tuff .....no pocket there for you to gage your banks...i hear ya ,,,,i would rather bank a ball then cut it in lol

Suggestion
Old
  (#51)
9BallPaul
Banned
9BallPaul has a reputation beyond repute9BallPaul has a reputation beyond repute9BallPaul has a reputation beyond repute9BallPaul has a reputation beyond repute9BallPaul has a reputation beyond repute9BallPaul has a reputation beyond repute9BallPaul has a reputation beyond repute9BallPaul has a reputation beyond repute9BallPaul has a reputation beyond repute9BallPaul has a reputation beyond repute9BallPaul has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 766

Suggestion - 11-02-2011, 07:05 PM

If your journey takes you through Denver, check out Hank's at West 38th Avenue and Sheridan Blvd. It was formerly Paradise (that's what the sign still says) and was once the Family Fun Center, a stop for many road players who trooped through in the golden era.

The other notable room these days is Felt (formerly Table Steaks) in the southern 'burbs.

Old
  (#52)
richiebalto
AzB Silver Member
richiebalto has a reputation beyond reputerichiebalto has a reputation beyond reputerichiebalto has a reputation beyond reputerichiebalto has a reputation beyond reputerichiebalto has a reputation beyond reputerichiebalto has a reputation beyond reputerichiebalto has a reputation beyond reputerichiebalto has a reputation beyond reputerichiebalto has a reputation beyond reputerichiebalto has a reputation beyond reputerichiebalto has a reputation beyond repute

11-03-2011, 07:18 AM

Quote:
I'm traveling the highways trying to see every room in the continental U.S. before they all close. I'm getting stories, history and pictures. I'll try to post two rooms, with front door picts, every week (Mon & Fri). If any has any good stories, info, etc., please share.

I started on I29 in Grand Forks, ND so this is the first room I was at.

TJ's

Fargo Biliiards and Gastropub

I'll post another on Friday. BTW, I am in the Kansas City area right now.
Man,i wish i was riding shotgun withyou WAGS,this is got to be the most exciting adventure for a pool lover,to see every great pool room,and the great pool players that it produced,iam jelious,WAGS, when you finally get to baltimore(if ur coming that far)make sure you go and check out RUNNING OUT BILLIARDS)OVER IN dundalk,it is home to a great player,Cigar Tom Vanover,i hope u r enjoying yourself and be careful and safe!

Yes, warm New Orleans
Old
  (#53)
Wags

Yes, warm New Orleans - 11-04-2011, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyA View Post
Another five hour drive south from Shreveport, LA and you'll hit Buffalo Billiards in the suburbs of New Orleans at Metairie.

Come pass a good time bring plenty of memory for your cameras. We've got some sights to behold.
That is on my schedule. I'll be there.

Jay

Lines I like to hear:

I play in a pool league.

be there eventually
Old
  (#54)
Wags

be there eventually - 11-04-2011, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richiebalto View Post
Man,i wish i was riding shotgun withyou WAGS,this is got to be the most exciting adventure for a pool lover,to see every great pool room,and the great pool players that it produced,iam jelious,WAGS, when you finally get to baltimore(if ur coming that far)make sure you go and check out RUNNING OUT BILLIARDS)OVER IN dundalk,it is home to a great player,Cigar Tom Vanover,i hope u r enjoying yourself and be careful and safe!
Not only the great rooms, but I'm finding the hidden old gems.

I walk into any POOL ROOM (not bar) and feel completely at ease...and let the BS start flying.

Thanks for your wishes.

Jay

Lines I like to hear:

I play in a pool league.

McDonalds in Mena, AR
Old
  (#55)
Wags

McDonalds in Mena, AR - 11-04-2011, 05:31 AM

Spent the night here on my my to Texarkana, then to Shreveport, New Iberia, Houma and New Orleans.

I've never been to Maine in the fall but...it can't have anything on the drive between Fayetteville and Ft. Smith on highway 71. WOW.

Todays picture is from Sioux City, IA. Bank Shot Billiards. Sorry that it is one of their stock picts. I forgot to get an outside picture, must have gotten up too early that day. It hasn't happened since. I now have a pre-shot routine.
Attached Images

Jay

Lines I like to hear:

I play in a pool league.

Double Vision
Old
  (#56)
Wags

Double Vision - 11-04-2011, 05:39 AM

Help me in wishing my good friend "Chicago Tom" Sheely (Roll Out) a speedy recovery from eye surgery to correct a double vision problem. That has to be a pool players worst nightmare (especially if they don't drink).

I also would like to thank Tom personally because without his help, input and general BS, this project would not have happened.

Jay

Lines I like to hear:

I play in a pool league.

Old
  (#57)
iownthe412
AzB Silver Member
iownthe412 has a reputation beyond reputeiownthe412 has a reputation beyond reputeiownthe412 has a reputation beyond reputeiownthe412 has a reputation beyond reputeiownthe412 has a reputation beyond reputeiownthe412 has a reputation beyond reputeiownthe412 has a reputation beyond reputeiownthe412 has a reputation beyond reputeiownthe412 has a reputation beyond reputeiownthe412 has a reputation beyond reputeiownthe412 has a reputation beyond repute

11-04-2011, 06:30 AM

Come to Breakers in Pittsburgh. It's Paul Motteys room.

Old
  (#58)
Cdryden
Pool Addict
Cdryden has a reputation beyond reputeCdryden has a reputation beyond reputeCdryden has a reputation beyond reputeCdryden has a reputation beyond reputeCdryden has a reputation beyond reputeCdryden has a reputation beyond reputeCdryden has a reputation beyond reputeCdryden has a reputation beyond reputeCdryden has a reputation beyond reputeCdryden has a reputation beyond reputeCdryden has a reputation beyond repute

11-04-2011, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyA View Post
Run over to Murfreesboro, AR and pick up some FREE diamonds, from the volcanic diamond mine there, for inlays in your next cue.
Lol I was there with my wife and kids in June of 2010! Very hot and we didn't find any diamonds but there were 4 found that day. FYI Murfressboro is in a dry county. Imagine my surprise when we got there and i asked one of the locals where a bar or pool room is at, I had to drive 45 min to a town called Pearl (?) to get a cold beer!

Beautiful area though.

The cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation.- McKenna

Last edited by Cdryden; 11-04-2011 at 06:49 AM.

Old
  (#59)
Wags

Red face 11-04-2011, 08:26 PM

Jay, it is good to hear of your travels and the notes from others. MAC

Jay

Lines I like to hear:

I play in a pool league.

Sioux City
Old
  (#60)
Wags

Sioux City - 11-07-2011, 09:39 AM

Today's room is located in Sioux City, IA. Back in the '80's the Corner Pocket was one hot spot to play.
Attached Images

Jay

Lines I like to hear:

I play in a pool league.

Page 4 of 7 « First 234 56 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: