Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page 2 things that bug me in posts
Page 3 of 8 123 45 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#31)
jason
Unprofessional everything
jason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3750

03-25-2012, 06:18 PM

The letters in "BCA" of BCAPL do stand for "Billiards Congress of America" even though the BCA and the BCAPL are two different organizations.

TRUMP 2020

------------------------------
Jason

Old
  (#32)
bsarlo
B-Lock
bsarlo has a reputation beyond reputebsarlo has a reputation beyond reputebsarlo has a reputation beyond reputebsarlo has a reputation beyond reputebsarlo has a reputation beyond reputebsarlo has a reputation beyond reputebsarlo has a reputation beyond reputebsarlo has a reputation beyond reputebsarlo has a reputation beyond reputebsarlo has a reputation beyond reputebsarlo has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

03-25-2012, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
I have been a member of AZ forums for awhile. I have finally had enough. I have to write about it. I know this is kind of nitpicking so therefore I must be a nit ...
Well, everyone has their pet peeves.

Grammar is not a huge one for me. Like JB said, we can all understand the intent, no need for vowels.

One thing that is kind of annoying to me is when someone quotes an entire, huge quote just to reference one small part of it. Delete. Delete everything but the part(s) you want to talk about. Remember that, when you quote someone, your post now contains a hyperlink to that quote. If someone wants to read the whole quote, they can just click on what little part you quoted. It will bring them right to the full quoted post. Then hit the back button and you're right where you were.

Most of the time it's no big deal, but some members like writing small essays. I know it's pretty easy to scroll past the quote. Sometimes it takes a while to get past the whole novel. It's just a pet peeve of mine and one thing that bugs me a little in posts.

EDIT- wrote this before I saw your post inside english. Was not directed at you specifically......or macguy

B-Lock
Unofficial Secretary of the World Famous Lock Society

Last edited by bsarlo; 03-25-2012 at 06:27 PM.

What he said
Old
  (#33)
J-Flo
AzB Silver Member
J-Flo has a reputation beyond reputeJ-Flo has a reputation beyond reputeJ-Flo has a reputation beyond reputeJ-Flo has a reputation beyond reputeJ-Flo has a reputation beyond reputeJ-Flo has a reputation beyond reputeJ-Flo has a reputation beyond reputeJ-Flo has a reputation beyond reputeJ-Flo has a reputation beyond reputeJ-Flo has a reputation beyond reputeJ-Flo has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700
  Send a message via Yahoo to J-Flo  
What he said - 03-25-2012, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy View Post
One thing that bugs me are posts with cryptic titles. Then you open it out of curiosity to find out you were sucked in to looking at what is irrelevant B.S.
I 2nd that

It is better to die on your feet
than to live on your knees.
Emiliano Zapata

Old
  (#34)
Foolio
AzB Silver Member
Foolio has a reputation beyond reputeFoolio has a reputation beyond reputeFoolio has a reputation beyond reputeFoolio has a reputation beyond reputeFoolio has a reputation beyond reputeFoolio has a reputation beyond reputeFoolio has a reputation beyond reputeFoolio has a reputation beyond reputeFoolio has a reputation beyond reputeFoolio has a reputation beyond reputeFoolio has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 250

03-25-2012, 06:38 PM

Before you come on complaining about people's grammar or knowledge of the English language, I really suggest freshing up on how to properly use the semicolon. 'It should be;...' is wrong, I do believe.

If you are an English teacher I would be very surprised that your stuff wouldn't be 100%. Too many commas was one of the things my teachers taught me, and then you go and put five in one sentance!

"If he beats me, I'll make him a nice sandwich..." -John Schmidt

Old
  (#35)
RackemBilliards
Player, Room Owner
RackemBilliards has a reputation beyond reputeRackemBilliards has a reputation beyond reputeRackemBilliards has a reputation beyond reputeRackemBilliards has a reputation beyond reputeRackemBilliards has a reputation beyond reputeRackemBilliards has a reputation beyond reputeRackemBilliards has a reputation beyond reputeRackemBilliards has a reputation beyond reputeRackemBilliards has a reputation beyond reputeRackemBilliards has a reputation beyond reputeRackemBilliards has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-25-2012, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
Before you come on complaining about people's grammar or knowledge of the English language, I really suggest freshing up on how to properly use the semicolon. 'It should be;...' is wrong, I do believe.

If you are an English teacher I would be very surprised that your stuff wouldn't be 100%. Too many commas was one of the things my teachers taught me, and then you go and put five in one sentance!
Don't you mean 'sentence'? Hey! This IS fun.

David Smith
oldschoolpool.com

Old
  (#36)
leehayes
AzB Silver Member
leehayes has a reputation beyond reputeleehayes has a reputation beyond reputeleehayes has a reputation beyond reputeleehayes has a reputation beyond reputeleehayes has a reputation beyond reputeleehayes has a reputation beyond reputeleehayes has a reputation beyond reputeleehayes has a reputation beyond reputeleehayes has a reputation beyond reputeleehayes has a reputation beyond reputeleehayes has a reputation beyond repute

03-25-2012, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_n_loose View Post
not in reference to the cues built by brunswick. That is spelled without the "e".
whoops!!!!!

"An eye for an eye would make the whole world blind" Ghandi

Old
  (#37)
justadub
Rattling corners nightly
justadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

03-25-2012, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justnum View Post
You can have any feeling you want, just don't stalk me. You think a lot about what other people think.

Are you popular too ?
Justnum has PocketPoint stalking him?

Oh, the irony...

Player: McDermott G203
Break: J & J 2729

"Let's all pile into the sandbagging wahmbulance and talk about it forever and hold each other until the tears dry!" CreeDo

"Just remember to put the troll back under the bridge when you're done playing with him, Dub!" BrokeStroke

Old
  (#38)
leehayes
AzB Silver Member
leehayes has a reputation beyond reputeleehayes has a reputation beyond reputeleehayes has a reputation beyond reputeleehayes has a reputation beyond reputeleehayes has a reputation beyond reputeleehayes has a reputation beyond reputeleehayes has a reputation beyond reputeleehayes has a reputation beyond reputeleehayes has a reputation beyond reputeleehayes has a reputation beyond reputeleehayes has a reputation beyond repute

03-25-2012, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucollar View Post
Give the guy a break...you too would be pissed all the time if you had to live on a teachers salary
LOL....!!!!!!! I wish I had a teachers salary!!!!

"An eye for an eye would make the whole world blind" Ghandi

Old
  (#39)
PaulieB
AzB Silver Member
PaulieB has a reputation beyond reputePaulieB has a reputation beyond reputePaulieB has a reputation beyond reputePaulieB has a reputation beyond reputePaulieB has a reputation beyond reputePaulieB has a reputation beyond reputePaulieB has a reputation beyond reputePaulieB has a reputation beyond reputePaulieB has a reputation beyond reputePaulieB has a reputation beyond reputePaulieB has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2000

03-25-2012, 07:06 PM

Sometimes I ask for a Kleenex when it really is just a normal facial tissue. I am sorry.

Old
  (#40)
wdmortland
AzB Silver Member
wdmortland is on a distinguished road

Reply - 03-25-2012, 07:07 PM

Thank you for teaching me many word.

Old
  (#41)
accustatsfan
AzB Silver Member
accustatsfan has a reputation beyond reputeaccustatsfan has a reputation beyond reputeaccustatsfan has a reputation beyond reputeaccustatsfan has a reputation beyond reputeaccustatsfan has a reputation beyond reputeaccustatsfan has a reputation beyond reputeaccustatsfan has a reputation beyond reputeaccustatsfan has a reputation beyond reputeaccustatsfan has a reputation beyond reputeaccustatsfan has a reputation beyond reputeaccustatsfan has a reputation beyond repute

03-25-2012, 07:17 PM

I've done, met, or worked with many people who have college degrees, PhD's etc only one impressed me as "wow that person is smart".

Many of the them are good people, but at what point in life does ability count for more than what we accomplish in our teens and 20's?

Thanks all
Old
  (#42)
Wags
2 pocket-one pocket table
Wags has a reputation beyond reputeWags has a reputation beyond reputeWags has a reputation beyond reputeWags has a reputation beyond reputeWags has a reputation beyond reputeWags has a reputation beyond reputeWags has a reputation beyond reputeWags has a reputation beyond reputeWags has a reputation beyond reputeWags has a reputation beyond reputeWags has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all - 03-25-2012, 07:20 PM

You'se AZ'ers is the bestest! I well forever said that mostest AZ'ers have the most wonderfullest since of humor even tho I am a NIT. I promise no more spilling lessens or pots on grammer.

ya'll made me laugh good.

PS I am glad that at least one person learned the difference between BCA and BCAPL.

Thanks
wags

Jay

Lines I like to hear:

I put myself through college shooting pool.

I play in a pool league.

I'll play anyone in this bar for $100.

Old
  (#43)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

03-25-2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by accustatsfan View Post
I've done, met, or worked with many people who have college degrees, PhD's etc only one impressed me as "wow that person is smart".

Many of the them are good people, but at what point in life does ability count for more than what we accomplish in our teens and 20's?

Those kinds of comments are always fun. How many of them did you impress? LOL!

Whether or not one is smart has nothing to do with whether or not they are educated. Obviously. But do you suggest that there are fewer smart people that are educated than there are without education? That would be an interesting notion. I would suspect the distribution to be fairly even myself.

I know all sorts of people of all walks of life and levels of education but I work with very highly educated people every day. Most of them are quite amazing really...but they are doctors and medical students. Top 2% of the population in character, integrity, intellect, and aptitude. They amaze me every day, I am continuously humbled by them.

Some of the smartest people I have known were fairly uneducated. It was a shame for them because it left them at a serious disadvantage in general. Kind of like a Ferrari with cheap tires, a bad tune-up, and cheap gas. Still a Ferrari...but at a serious disadvantage next to those with a good set of tires etc.

Frankly I personally don't care how educated a person might be as long as we can converse and have fun.

As you can imagine I have a few degrees myself. That just took hard work....not intelligence. The hardest working people I have ever met in life were people with advanced degrees....and I have done manual labor myself in my younger days. Only one non-educated person I ever met impressed me as a hard worker. OK that's a lie....I just had to say it because it sounded about as clever as your comment. LOL!

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Old
  (#44)
accustatsfan
AzB Silver Member
accustatsfan has a reputation beyond reputeaccustatsfan has a reputation beyond reputeaccustatsfan has a reputation beyond reputeaccustatsfan has a reputation beyond reputeaccustatsfan has a reputation beyond reputeaccustatsfan has a reputation beyond reputeaccustatsfan has a reputation beyond reputeaccustatsfan has a reputation beyond reputeaccustatsfan has a reputation beyond reputeaccustatsfan has a reputation beyond reputeaccustatsfan has a reputation beyond repute

03-25-2012, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopdoc View Post
Those kinds of comments are always fun. How many of them did you impress? LOL!

Whether or not one is smart has nothing to do with whether or not they are educated. Obviously. But do you suggest that there are fewer smart people that are educated than there are without education? That would be an interesting notion. I would suspect the distribution to be fairly even myself.

I know all sorts of people of all walks of life and levels of education but I work with very highly educated people every day. Most of them are quite amazing really...but they are doctors and medical students. Top 2% of the population in character, integrity, intellect, and aptitude. They amaze me every day, I am continuously humbled by them.

Some of the smartest people I have known were fairly uneducated. It was a shame for them because it left them at a serious disadvantage in general. Kind of like a Ferrari with cheap tires, a bad tune-up, and cheap gas. Still a Ferrari...but at a serious disadvantage next to those with a good set of tires etc.

Frankly I personally don't care how educated a person might be as long as we can converse and have fun.

As you can imagine I have a few degrees myself. That just took hard work....not intelligence. The hardest working people I have ever met in life were people with advanced degrees....and I have done manual labor myself in my younger days. Only one non-educated person I ever met impressed me as a hard worker. OK that's a lie....I just had to say it because it sounded about as clever as your comment. LOL!

Well spoken not debating the value of a degree just saying the Op should get out of the house sometime

Last edited by accustatsfan; 03-25-2012 at 07:49 PM. Reason: xxx

Old
  (#45)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

03-25-2012, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by accustatsfan View Post
Well spoken not debating the value of a degree just saying the Op should get out of the house sometime
I don't disagree.

Hell....I should probably get out of the house more often! LOL!

I'm on this here forum instead!

Well spoken?

Thanks!

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Page 3 of 8 123 45 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: