Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page 2 things that bug me in posts
Page 4 of 8 « First 234 56 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
I must admit..
Old
  (#46)
nb92
AzB Silver Member
nb92 has a reputation beyond reputenb92 has a reputation beyond reputenb92 has a reputation beyond reputenb92 has a reputation beyond reputenb92 has a reputation beyond reputenb92 has a reputation beyond reputenb92 has a reputation beyond reputenb92 has a reputation beyond reputenb92 has a reputation beyond reputenb92 has a reputation beyond reputenb92 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

I must admit.. - 03-25-2012, 07:57 PM

.. I was not very good at English in school. Spelling, sentence structure and in general the proper use of the language were always very confusing to me. I was however decent at math.

Therefore, I was able to determine that hiring a technical writer with a MS from Duke was much more cost effective (?) for my business. This did free up quite a bit of my time formerly spent on more mundane tasks and has allowed me to follow in detail (excruciating detail at times... ) the on-going concerns of the pool playing community here on AZ billiards. Example - I am now off to find out if any progress was made on the next TAR match?

However having her edit posts here would not increase our productivity so this really isn't a solution that I could apply to your secondary concern.

Hopefully in the near future all of this "editing, grammatical, spelling stuff" will have an automated solutions to check for violation of the arbitrary rules that the English language has burden us with (i before e,, RAVEN (OMG), etc.) since ... well I don't know when ... got to be something to do with the Germans and the Normans carving up Britian.. ... Nuff of this stuff... what happinin with TAR 25?

Quote:
....Solid beats spectacular ALL DAY LONG... and
... that shot was wrong on so many levels ... well it is just hard to describe... Billy Incardona.

Old
  (#47)
accustatsfan
AzB Silver Member
accustatsfan has a reputation beyond reputeaccustatsfan has a reputation beyond reputeaccustatsfan has a reputation beyond reputeaccustatsfan has a reputation beyond reputeaccustatsfan has a reputation beyond reputeaccustatsfan has a reputation beyond reputeaccustatsfan has a reputation beyond reputeaccustatsfan has a reputation beyond reputeaccustatsfan has a reputation beyond reputeaccustatsfan has a reputation beyond reputeaccustatsfan has a reputation beyond repute

03-25-2012, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopdoc View Post
I don't disagree.

Hell....I should probably get out of the house more often! LOL!

I'm on this here forum instead!

Well spoken?

Thanks!
Chop Doc: You a Doc, Doc or a Corpsman Doc?

Old
  (#48)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

03-25-2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by accustatsfan View Post
Chop Doc: You a Doc, Doc or a Corpsman Doc?

I'm a Doc as in MD....Medical Doctor....or as my diploma says "Doctor of Medicine"

"With all the Rights, Honors, and Privileges Thereunto Appertaining"

I went to evil medical school.....

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Old
  (#49)
pmata814
AzB Silver Member
pmata814 has a reputation beyond reputepmata814 has a reputation beyond reputepmata814 has a reputation beyond reputepmata814 has a reputation beyond reputepmata814 has a reputation beyond reputepmata814 has a reputation beyond reputepmata814 has a reputation beyond reputepmata814 has a reputation beyond reputepmata814 has a reputation beyond reputepmata814 has a reputation beyond reputepmata814 has a reputation beyond repute

03-25-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hog ridr View Post
Hmmmm, this thread has effected me in a way that I cannot describe.

However, it has the start of what could be the bestest thread in a long time.

I believe that their is much potential hear.

It could be better then many of the other threads posted today.

But you have to be able to no it when your reading it.

You're comprehension and righting skills have to be slightly better than others.

The others can have there threads but we will subscribe to this one.

Lets make this thread more funner than the others.

This is absolutely HILARIOUS!! LMAO!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Old
  (#50)
DeHouser
AzB Silver Member
DeHouser has a reputation beyond reputeDeHouser has a reputation beyond reputeDeHouser has a reputation beyond reputeDeHouser has a reputation beyond reputeDeHouser has a reputation beyond reputeDeHouser has a reputation beyond reputeDeHouser has a reputation beyond reputeDeHouser has a reputation beyond reputeDeHouser has a reputation beyond reputeDeHouser has a reputation beyond reputeDeHouser has a reputation beyond repute

03-25-2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:

The hardest working people I have ever met in life were people with advanced degrees....and I have done manual labor myself in my younger days.
I would tend to agree. I grew up on a farm, in very modest financial circumstances, and people in the community worked like fiends. I spent a good portion of my youth at a number of jobs, all laborious, and then spent 12 years attending university, and now work in one. I frequently cross worlds between the work of labour and work of the mind, and, like you, see folks who put their literal and metaphorical backs into it everyday.
That said, I'm not going to critique anyone's grammar here, because I don't think it would be particularly appreciated, and I'm doubtful that people log in to AZ hoping to be tested. I'll save that for my students [If I'm wrong, feel free to PM me, and I'll be happy to make you feel lousy about your grammar/spelling/punctuation/sentence structure/vocabulary].

Snooker cue: Deroo 3/4
Pool cues: Bebot Bautista, Falcon, Predator

Old
  (#51)
8pack
They call me 2 county !
8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute

03-25-2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ2107 View Post
op must hate me haha
Mea 2wo...gize gits madd o ver thie dummesest chit..Big world you know!
If there where know dummies you would be less smart .Be thankful for things that matter and your skin may thicken.
Not you champ.

Everyone has photographic memory; some just don't have the film.

Old
  (#52)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

03-25-2012, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeHouser View Post
spent 12 years attending university,
I feel you there!

I have found that correcting people's grammar is a great way to be popular!

Yeah, not so much. There is a time and place for everything. This is a pool forum.

What do you teach?

I teach light duty stuff like Biochemistry, Trauma, Surgery, Rheumatology, Molecular Biology....and more....you know...the lighter side of post graduate education......

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"

Old
  (#53)
Blue Hog ridr
World Famous Fisherman.
Blue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-25-2012, 08:27 PM

Ever since I received ( see, Eye before E except after See) a chemistry set for Christmas when I was younger, I always wanted to be a Mad Scientist like you Doc.

Titelist - I think that might be a person who won or received a Sporting title.

Titlist - I think that might be a guy who has a list of girls with nice tatas.

What a difference an E can make, EH?

To play Pool, is to suffer.
To learn to be a better player, is to find some meaning in the suffering.

Dhurka, Dhurka, Allah, Muhammad Jihad

Old
  (#54)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member

03-25-2012, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Ever since I received ( see, Eye before E except after See) a chemistry set for Christmas when I was younger, I always wanted to be a Mad Scientist like you Doc.
Well....with time, dedication, and determination you still can!!!!! Just dust off that chemistry set. Mix everything in it together over an open flame. If you survive, feed the results to a hamster to see what happens!

That's not so hard!

It's more better than not trying, right?

Oh....and don't forget to document your results.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"

Old
  (#55)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

03-25-2012, 09:00 PM

Quote:
I'm a Doc as in MD....Medical Doctor....or as my diploma says "Doctor of Medicine"

"With all the Rights, Honors, and Privileges Thereunto Appertaining"

I went to evil medical school.....

Sooo..you 're a doctor and a pool player....
...did you ever over-cut a patient?

Old
  (#56)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member

03-25-2012, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
Sooo..you 're a doctor and a pool player....
...did you ever over-cut a patient?

Depends......you a lawyer?

I am more of a used to be pool player, but yeah.....I guess I am a pool playing doc.

When I grow up I want to be a pool player again.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"

Old
  (#57)
jason
Unprofessional everything
jason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3750

03-25-2012, 09:25 PM

My pet peeve is when people do this,,,,, <------ WTF is that?

TRUMP 2020

------------------------------
Jason

Old
  (#58)
Blue Hog ridr
World Famous Fisherman.
Blue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-25-2012, 09:30 PM

Red Coma at night, posters delight.
Red Coma at morning, posters take warning.

I agree with one poster. People that feel the need to Quote an entire post, including pictures just to make one comment.
Can you not learn to Highlight one sentence, copy and paste it to your post?

To play Pool, is to suffer.
To learn to be a better player, is to find some meaning in the suffering.

Dhurka, Dhurka, Allah, Muhammad Jihad

Last edited by Blue Hog ridr; 03-25-2012 at 09:35 PM.

Old
  (#59)
nplum24
AzB Silver Member
nplum24 has a reputation beyond reputenplum24 has a reputation beyond reputenplum24 has a reputation beyond reputenplum24 has a reputation beyond reputenplum24 has a reputation beyond reputenplum24 has a reputation beyond reputenplum24 has a reputation beyond reputenplum24 has a reputation beyond reputenplum24 has a reputation beyond reputenplum24 has a reputation beyond reputenplum24 has a reputation beyond repute

03-25-2012, 10:06 PM

'Red Coma at night, posters delight.
Red Coma at morning, posters take warning.'

After reading this whole post.....that one got me chuckling. Good stuff right there.

Old
  (#60)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member
AtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond repute

03-25-2012, 10:24 PM

Quote:
... Can you not learn to Highlight one sentence, copy and paste it to your post? ...
Good advice. And, to make it clear that only a portion of the original text is being quoted, one can add an ellipsis (series of three dots) before and after the quoted text -- as I did in the above quote.

Page 4 of 8 « First 234 56 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: