Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Another CSI decision thread
Reply
Page 4 of 4 « First 234
 
Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#46)
Kid Dynomite
Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Kid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond repute
 
Kid Dynomite's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 5,883
vCash: 500
iTrader: 23 / 100%
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Washington, DC
   
07-29-2014, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark187187 View Post
To be fair, all you have done is attack members of the forum as being biased, for no reason other than that you don't agree with them. You haven't really contributed anything constructive to the matter in hand.

Nevertheless, backlash against a pretty inconsequential non-incident has been done to death, over multiple threads. Each thread has descended into the same personal slanging as this. If you are not happy with the state of this forum, stop adding to what is rapidly turning into a mountain of 5hit
Name one person I have attacked???

I was the one to mention the 3 players in 3/4th place and the money NOT working out or conforming to what was published! Check my post history and you will see I exposed that issue first and added awareness of that dilemma.

So what, did you add and what was thought provoking that was contributed other than regurgitating your opinion?

Me being forced to respond to this BS is taking us further and further OFF topic! But, hey that is what you want!!!

KD


Like a Samurai you are only as good as your weapon!
A.K.A. = Dennis (Michael) Wilson Jr.
  
Reply With Quote

Old
  (#47)
BasementDweller
AzB Silver Member
BasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 3,261
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Jul 2009
   
07-29-2014, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Dynomite View Post
This issue is about JUSTICE! Ah okay

Would the same action have been taken if it was SHANE getting the forfeit and KO was runner up of Ralph's bracket??? Hopefully. I have no reason to believe otherwise.

How do we as society determine if something is ETHICAL???

These questions should not EXIST!!! This board and PUBLIC outrage is paramount in facilitating JUSTICE. It being hashed out in the public and brought under public scrutiny allows the COURT OF PUBLIC OPINION to guide us democratically. That's fine. Plus it's a fun way to kill time.

If this happened in ASIA and shane was treated in this manner the OUTRAGE would be unprecedented. With that said, I can only lobby on behalf of what I think is right and how I would feel if the situation was reversed and the event was in ASIA and a USA player was treated in this manner. I would be outraged and have to be consistent and be just as outraged when a USA event mistreats a foreign player.

Yes this is America! But, come on people! Be uniform in your position on issues. Ok as long as it ain't happening to an AMERICAN!!!

KD
Your post just solidified my theory as to why there is so much outrage over this. In case you missed it - here were my thoughts I posted in the other thread. You can skip right to the bolded part if you want:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpo...&postcount=137
Quote:
So is that what all the outage is about? It's just the timing of the replacement? So had the charts not already been drawn putting in a replacement would not have been a big deal to anyone?

For whatever reason, many people on this site are just too emotionally invested in this. Why that is, I have no idea. Is it because we all had such big hopes for this tournament? Or maybe it’s because we all want professional pool to thrive so badly. Is that it? Is it because we have all been looking forward to having all these top players compete in the U.S. for some time? I really don't know what the answer to that question is. But let me pose a different hypothetical question and one that very easily could have happened.

Let's say the Ko brothers each reached the semi-finals only to realize they both had to head home or risk missing their plane. Would everyone be as outraged if CSI chose to fill those two vacancies? I'm not so sure there would be as much outage. I think everyone would have been pleased to see Appleton and SVB get another shot. Or whoever else would have filled those spots, especially if it was Efren - who everybody loves. Honestly, would everybody be outraged if CSI filled those two spots? Or would everybody understand that there was a tournament to be run and the next two players would need to step up?

Would everyone say -- "WAIT A SECOND!!! The charts have already been drawn and they were drawn in ink so they can't be erased. We must move right ahead to the finals." What if a portion of the first name was only written down on the chart? I can't imagine where we would even begin to sort out that epic moral quandary.

But I guess a rule is a rule and if the point of no return is once the chart is drawn than so be it. So the outrage is that CSI chose to break a written (or unwritten) rule by redrawing a chart. I could see that being worthy of criticism, but certainly not worthy of the death penalty or its equivalent -- no longer supporting CSI events.

I lied. Maybe I do know what's going on here. I think there are three things at play. First, we have reached a SVB saturation level. We all know he is a great player and clearly the best in the U.S. but many have simply grown tired of seeing him play. Second, many people have been suspect of the move toward invitational tournaments and excluding certain U.S. professionals from the mix. And last but most importantly, I think most of us U.S. pool fans (and our Canadian brothers) are decent people and we want to be viewed this way from the international players when they come here. We don't want them to feel slighted in the least because this makes us all look bad in a sense.

Now when you throw these three things into a blender and mix them all up you get the type of outrage that we have seen on this forum. But if you don't mix these things together and you just look at what actually took place in this tournament I don't think you will be as outraged. Instead, you will just possibly conclude that CSI made a mistake by redrawing the brackets after the fact. They didn't set out to screw someone over since this is not something they have a history of doing, at least not without a good reason. They weren't trying to push Shane into the final because he's their poster boy because had this happened in Appleton's group, I'm certain they would have done the same thing.

So just look at what happened. Is the outrage here REALLY because they redrew a portion of the bracket after the fact or are other things at play here?

I for one -- think there are other things at play and CSI really deserves better than that.

Last edited by BasementDweller; 07-29-2014 at 07:43 AM.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#48)
Kid Dynomite
Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Kid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond repute
 
Kid Dynomite's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 5,883
vCash: 500
iTrader: 23 / 100%
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Washington, DC
   
07-29-2014, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasementDweller View Post
Your post just solidified my theory as to why there is so much outrage over this. In case you missed it - here were my thoughts I posted in the other thread. You can skip right to the bolded part if you want:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpo...&postcount=137
I agree with that last sentence in bold that we all want OUR image UNTARNISHED!!!

KD


Like a Samurai you are only as good as your weapon!
A.K.A. = Dennis (Michael) Wilson Jr.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#49)
mark187
AzB Silver Member
mark187 has a reputation beyond reputemark187 has a reputation beyond reputemark187 has a reputation beyond reputemark187 has a reputation beyond reputemark187 has a reputation beyond reputemark187 has a reputation beyond reputemark187 has a reputation beyond reputemark187 has a reputation beyond reputemark187 has a reputation beyond reputemark187 has a reputation beyond reputemark187 has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 471
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: May 2014
   
07-29-2014, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Dynomite View Post
Name one person I have attacked???

I was the one to mention the 3 players in 3/4th place and the money NOT working out or conforming to what was published! Check my post history and you will see I exposed that issue first and added awareness of that dilemma.

So what, did you add and what was thought provoking that was contributed other than regurgitating your opinion?

Me being forced to respond to this BS is taking us further and further OFF topic! But, hey that is what you want!!!

KD
I think saying that SVBs fans are hypocritical is a personal attack on a lot of people. But, nevermind, generalisations don't count as attacks.

Regarding the 3 people in 3rd and 4th place, at this moment I am presuming that Ralf didn't get any prize money. Despite rumours (from a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend) that Ralf got a payout, I'll wait for a official statement confirming this rather than jump pn gossip. You didn't 'expose' anything other than a guess, which you pass off as truth, again to back up your point about bias.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#50)
Kid Dynomite
Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Kid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond repute
 
Kid Dynomite's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 5,883
vCash: 500
iTrader: 23 / 100%
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Washington, DC
   
07-29-2014, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark187187 View Post
I think saying that SVBs fans are hypocritical is a personal attack on a lot of people. But, nevermind, generalisations don't count as attacks.

So i did not attack!

Regarding the 3 people in 3rd and 4th place, at this moment I am presuming that Ralf didn't get any prize money. Despite rumours (from a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend) that Ralf got a payout, I'll wait for a official statement confirming this rather than jump pn gossip. You didn't 'expose' anything other than a guess, which you pass off as truth, again to back up your point about bias.
Fact:

Ralph did not EARN 5/8th money!
Ralph because of his record earned 3/4th!

what he got paid or did not get paid is completely irrelevant to what he DID earn!


Like a Samurai you are only as good as your weapon!
A.K.A. = Dennis (Michael) Wilson Jr.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#51)
mark187
AzB Silver Member
mark187 has a reputation beyond reputemark187 has a reputation beyond reputemark187 has a reputation beyond reputemark187 has a reputation beyond reputemark187 has a reputation beyond reputemark187 has a reputation beyond reputemark187 has a reputation beyond reputemark187 has a reputation beyond reputemark187 has a reputation beyond reputemark187 has a reputation beyond reputemark187 has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 471
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: May 2014
   
07-29-2014, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Dynomite View Post
Fact:

Ralph did not EARN 5/8th money!
Ralph because of his record earned 3/4th!

what he got paid or did not get paid is completely irrelevant to what he DID earn!
I was being sarcastic- attacking a bunch of people through generalisations and nonsense accusations does count as attacks.

With regards the rest of your post- it reads as nonsense. Either Ralf got prize money or he didn't. I think you're hinting at some sort of conspiracy for Ralf to succeed in this tournament, even match-fixing. If I'm wrong, please clarify. But if I've understood you correctly, perhaps to could expand. It sounds like you may have entered the twilight zone, or an episode of twin peaks with Michael Moore guest starring
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#52)
Kid Dynomite
Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Kid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond repute
 
Kid Dynomite's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 5,883
vCash: 500
iTrader: 23 / 100%
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Washington, DC
   
07-29-2014, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark187187 View Post
I was being sarcastic- attacking a bunch of people through generalisations and nonsense accusations does count as attacks.

With regards the rest of your post- it reads as nonsense. Either Ralf got prize money or he didn't. I think you're hinting at some sort of conspiracy for Ralf to succeed in this tournament, even match-fixing. If I'm wrong, please clarify. But if I've understood you correctly, perhaps to could expand. It sounds like you may have entered the twilight zone, or an episode of twin peaks with Michael Moore guest starring
Earned definition

earn 1 (ūrn)
tr.v. earned, earn·ing, earns
1. To gain especially for the performance of service, labor, or work: earned money by mowing lawns.
2. To acquire or deserve as a result of effort or action: She earned a reputation as a hard worker.
3. To yield as return or profit: a savings account that earns interest on deposited funds.
Idiom:

You can earn something like a retirement or pay and NOT receive it!!!

Ask the pension fund owners at UNITED airlines or other bankrupt and defunct businesses that fail to pay!

Bonus Ball players earned X amount of money but received Y amount of money when the owner failed to HONOR their original agreement!!!

Ralph EARNED 3/4th money! Based on original performance objectives. He could forfeit those earnings by some form of misconduct. But, he still earned them.

To say he works for free because he had to leave and forfeited his semi-final match is tantamount to slavery! No one works for free!

KD


Like a Samurai you are only as good as your weapon!
A.K.A. = Dennis (Michael) Wilson Jr.
  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 4 of 4 « First 234

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.