Philly Done ?
Old
  (#1)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Philly Done ? - 09-26-2019, 07:44 AM

Ok, I meant Phillies, but maybe nobody enters the threads to read about the Phillies, LOL

I mean, let me get this straight. Harper rejected the Nat's offer and signed with the Phillies. The Nats are going to the playoffs, and the Phillies are sitting at home. That's some KARMA.

I guess $330M does not get as much as it use to. Oh, it got 30 home runs, but rookie White Sox hitter Eloy Jiminez hit 30 home runs, and out hitting Harper him in average as well. LOL

You can't BUY a world series... well, the Yankee's have, but it doesn't work for regular folks

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Last edited by ChicagoRJ; 09-26-2019 at 07:57 AM.

Old
  (#2)
jason
Unprofessional everything
jason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3750

09-26-2019, 07:48 AM

Cubs imploded in September. It was ugly.

TRUMP 2020

------------------------------
Jason

Old
  (#3)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

09-26-2019, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
Cubs imploded in September. It was ugly.
Yeah, I'm a Sox fan, so that was enjoyable Our rebuild is finally over and 2020 is the get it done year.

I just hope we don't do something stupid and sign some jerk off to a $300M contract. Because they you have no money left over to actually fill in some key pieces.

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Old
  (#4)
Kevin Lindstrom
14.1 Addict
Kevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 6237

09-26-2019, 10:01 AM

I am a fan but the Eagles are about done too already.

Kevin

SCREW IT LETS RIDE

Old
  (#5)
WGDave
AzB Silver Member
WGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond repute

09-26-2019, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
Yeah, I'm a Sox fan, so that was enjoyable Our rebuild is finally over and 2020 is the get it done year.

I just hope we don't do something stupid and sign some jerk off to a $300M contract. Because they you have no money left over to actually fill in some key pieces.
Yes, those White Sox are on the cusp.

28.5 games back of the Twins is nipping at their heels.

Maybe in 3 years.

In order to continue advancing their illogical arguments modern liberals have to pretend not to know things…

Old
  (#6)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)

09-26-2019, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGDave View Post
Yes, those White Sox are on the cusp.

28.5 games back of the Twins is nipping at their heels.

Maybe in 3 years.
Yeah, they won 70 games with one pitcher. That's a pretty good year.
So, if they win 90 next year, and get a WC, that's cool.

And they have pitchers in the pipe line and a few coming back next year from injuries. Something the Twins don't have. They won't go far because they are not built for the long haul. Homeruns alone can't win a WS, it's been tried before, just doesn't work out to well

TZAR Tips now available.

Old
  (#7)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)

09-26-2019, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Lindstrom View Post
I am a fan but the Eagles are about done too already.

Kevin
I don't dislike the Phillies at all. My cousins live in NJ and are big fans. But, I told them good lucky with Harper, anyone coming off a sub .250 year with a $330M contract is going to need a lot of luck.

He had one MVP type year. For the money he got, he needs to be in the top 5 every year. He's not even in the top 30. It's possible he eventually earns that contract, but he's getting older, not younger

TZAR Tips now available.

Old
  (#8)
WGDave
AzB Silver Member
WGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond repute

09-26-2019, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Yeah, they won 70 games with one pitcher. That's a pretty good year.
So, if they win 90 next year, and get a WC, that's cool.

And they have pitchers in the pipe line and a few coming back next year from injuries. Something the Twins don't have. They won't go far because they are not built for the long haul. Homeruns alone can't win a WS, it's been tried before, just doesn't work out to well
You need to win more than 90 games to get into the American League WC game. Take a look at the standings.

That’s why I said 3 years.

The A’s will come in second to the Astros with a high win total, so that leaves one spot, and Tampa Bay looks good for another spot with the Yankees and Red Sox in their division.

Winning the division is the best hope for the White Sox. Maybe instead 2 years for this to happen.

Not a White Sox hater. I’m a Giants fan. We’ve got our own problems for a few years until the good prospects from the lower minors arrive. Although, the Giants print money, they will be just fine.

In order to continue advancing their illogical arguments modern liberals have to pretend not to know things…

Old
  (#9)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)

09-26-2019, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGDave View Post
You need to win more than 90 games to get into the American League WC game. Take a look at the standings.

That’s why I said 3 years.

The A’s will come in second to the Astros with a high win total, so that leaves one spot, and Tampa Bay looks good for another spot with the Yankees and Red Sox in their division.

Winning the division is the best hope for the White Sox. Maybe instead 2 years for this to happen.

Not a White Sox hater. I’m a Giants fan. We’ve got our own problems for a few years until the good prospects from the lower minors arrive. Although, the Giants print money, they will be just fine.
Year to year, you don't know what it will take. Actually, just as good chance to win the division outright next year. The Sox offense is that good. And now we are going to add 4 pitchers to the mix. I like their chances. The only thing that can stop them is injuries, or they go out a sign some putz for $300M that can't hit over .250.
Our 7 hitter next year will be the reigning AL batting champ, and he won't be able to break the top 6 spots. That's good

You don't work your way into 2nd place in hopes winning 1st the next year. 3rd, 4th and 5th place teams last year are in the playoffs this year. The rebuild is over this year Some first place teams and WC teams from last year are NOT in the playoffs this year.

So, it's a crap shoot, but I like our crap lol

TZAR Tips now available.

Old
  (#10)
Casual Observer
Viva... yeah whatever
Casual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

09-26-2019, 12:45 PM

Keep your eyes on the Brewers. They're the hottest team in baseball right now.

"...And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe, and saw..."

Neil Peart

“...I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine...”
Atlas Shrugged

Last edited by Casual Observer; 09-26-2019 at 12:59 PM.

Old
  (#11)
WGDave
AzB Silver Member

09-26-2019, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Year to year, you don't know what it will take. Actually, just as good chance to win the division outright next year. The Sox offense is that good. And now we are going to add 4 pitchers to the mix. I like their chances. The only thing that can stop them is injuries, or they go out a sign some putz for $300M that can't hit over .250.
Our 7 hitter next year will be the reigning AL batting champ, and he won't be able to break the top 6 spots. That's good

You don't work your way into 2nd place in hopes winning 1st the next year. 3rd, 4th and 5th place teams last year are in the playoffs this year. The rebuild is over this year Some first place teams and WC teams from last year are NOT in the playoffs this year.

So, it's a crap shoot, but I like our crap lol
Fair enough.

However, AL wildcard teams the past two years have had around 100 wins.

You've convinced me though...2021 will be the rise of the White Sox.

Old
  (#12)
WGDave
AzB Silver Member

09-26-2019, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
Keep your eyes on the Brewers. They've the hottest team in baseball right now.
Surprising, considering the lost Yelich.

Old
  (#13)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
09-26-2019, 12:58 PM

Quote:
I don't dislike the Phillies at all. My cousins live in NJ and are big fans. But, I told them good lucky with Harper, anyone coming off a sub .250 year with a $330M contract is going to need a lot of luck.

He had one MVP type year. For the money he got, he needs to be in the top 5 every year. He's not even in the top 30. It's possible he eventually earns that contract, but he's getting older, not younger
After we built that whole new zone of DC for him...its just not enough, is it, Bryce?!

Old
  (#14)
WGDave
AzB Silver Member

09-26-2019, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
After we built that whole new zone of DC for him...its just not enough, is it, Bryce?!
Consider yourself lucky.

Harper is overrated. He is going to be roasted in Philly before it is done.

Philadelphia fans are brutal!

Old
  (#15)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)

09-26-2019, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
Keep your eyes on the Brewers. They're the hottest team in baseball right now.
They're good. I'll pull for them only because they dislike the Cubs so much

TZAR Tips now available.

Page 1 of 3 1 23

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: