22 million illegal immigrants
Old
  (#1)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Arrow 22 million illegal immigrants - 10-17-2019, 05:32 PM

The democrats are really trying to pack the election vote.

Surge: Ken Cuccinelli cites 22 million illegal immigrants, nearly twice previous tally

by Paul Bedard
| October 16, 2019 05:17 PM

President Trump’s top immigration spokesman on Wednesday said that there are potentially 22 million illegal immigrants inside the United States, nearly twice the estimate regularly cited.

Ken Cuccinelli, the acting director of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, which handles the legal immigration process, said the number comes from a study done by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. That study put the number at 22.1 million.

The number typically cited is 11 million to 13 million illegal immigrants in the country. The latest estimate, from the Federation for American Immigration Reform, is 14 million. An accurate count is difficult to calculate.

But Cuccinelli, who is on the shortlist to lead the Department of Homeland Security, said that for policy purposes it is better to work around the larger potential number than be blind to how big the crisis could actually be.

“I was just quoting the MIT study,” he told Secrets after speaking at a Christian Science Monitor newsmaker breakfast.

“That’s the one I know. I just use it as a reference point. Because from an operational standpoint, it doesn’t matter too much. We deal with what’s in front of us. So that’s the perspective that I bring to it. It’s useful to know. It’s an important thing at a 100,000-foot level,” he said.

He raised the 22 million number while discussing the potential fate of some 800,000 student-age illegal immigrants Democrats in Congress want to grant amnesty to. They are referred to as DACA, for the Obama-era program and put off deportation under “deferred action for childhood arrivals.”

Should Congress and the White House fail to cut a deal on them, Cuccinelli said that they would join the pool of illegal immigrants in the country that could be deported.

“They are here illegally,” he said.

He said a deal could be made to let some or all stay, but if not, “They are in the same pool, if MIT is correct, with the 22 million people who are here illegally.”

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Yep. Sev is smarter than you all."
"I dont know much."
"I'm just a flea along for the ride."--366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

Old
  (#2)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?
jimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond repute

10-17-2019, 06:13 PM

That has to be just about enough to swing the "popular" vote in the D's direction.

Old
  (#3)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

10-18-2019, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyg View Post
That has to be just about enough to swing the "popular" vote in the D's direction.
I saw a lot of Latino's at Trumps rally in TX.

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Yep. Sev is smarter than you all."
"I dont know much."
"I'm just a flea along for the ride."--366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

Old
  (#4)
PRED
AzB Silver Member
PRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 600

10-18-2019, 04:19 PM

22 million? 88 million at least

IRATUS VULGUS

Old
  (#5)
L I F D 1
L S S T 10
L I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond repute

10-18-2019, 10:20 PM

How far back does this calculation reach?
100 years, 50 years, 20 year?
People have been pouring into the U.S.A. from North Western Europe for century's.
Chinese have crossed the ocean flooding the West Coast for hundreds of years as well.
Historians talk about Neanderthals walking into North America 1 Million BC.

The only question I have is Why America?
Why not France, Belgian, Austria? What attracted migrants to the North American Continent?

Old
  (#6)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?
jimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond repute

10-19-2019, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L I F D 1 View Post
People have been pouring into the U.S.A. from North Western Europe for century's.
Chinese have crossed the ocean flooding the West Coast for hundreds of years as well.

Why not France, Belgian, Austria? What attracted migrants to the North American Continent?
The article specifies "illegal immigrants", not legal and sensible immigration, which considers the needs of the country.

Also, the times you mention were times when the USA was experiencing tremendous growth and development and in need of the skilled (carpenters, masons) and unskilled (railroad and other manual laborers) labor that the "legal" immigrants brought with them. They were not coming here to drain our limited resources by receiveing "free" (for them) healthcare, welfare, housing, education, food stamps, etc. They went through a process ensuring that they did not create health and crime risks to our country, and they were required to have "sponsors" that ensured that they had jobs and housing waiting for them when they arrived. Different than just jumping over a fence, much different.

Old
  (#7)
duckie
GregH
duckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond repute

10-19-2019, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L I F D 1 View Post

Well, for starters, read up on why Palatine Germans came here in the late 1600’s and 1700’s.

You’ll find it the same reasons today most to come to this country.

Duckie notes: They we’re tired of being shit on by those in power.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: