New cue maker, wanting to share my work and get opinions:

dkjshark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
28914f789e2dbadb7b43831cd80f86a7.jpg

Sorry I cant get pictures to upload from my computer, anyways, My name is Kevin Joiner, Joiner Custom Cues. I have been making cues for 2 years, I have @25 years experience in the cue repair side. This cue is made out of zircote and 4 goncolo alves points with 4 veneers around each point, black,grey,peacock and orange. The ringwork is crotch walnut and yellow heart, 2 matching shafts and 12" rear extension.

Sent from my SM-N960U using AzBilliards Forums mobile app

Added some pictures, sorry they have some smudges and dust but just wanted to get a couple pictures to show.

Attachments

• P8110003.jpg
    P8110003.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 942
  • P8110004.jpg
    P8110004.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 947
  • P8110001.jpg
    P8110001.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 974
  • P8110002.jpg
    P8110002.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 947
Last edited:

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Cue looks really nice.

Can I assume the cue is the standard 58" and a tip diameter of 13mm ?

Maniac

dkjshark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cue looks really nice.

Can I assume the cue is the standard 58" and a tip diameter of 13mm ?

Maniac
ty sir, yes the cue is 58" with modified 3/8x10 pin flat faced wood to wood joint. I made both shafts 12.4mm with my custom taper

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cue looks very nice.

Your taper? Can you describe that?

I love the woods, the veneers, and the overall design. We'll done.

Do you aspire to any particular "schools of thought" or makers in your construction techniques?

Does the cue have an A joint? Cored? Partial or full core?

I wouldn't ask you to reveal secrets and would be happy with whatever you choose to reveal.

Again, the cue looks very nice. Thanks for showing off! :thumbup::thumbup:

dkjshark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cue looks very nice.

Your taper? Can you describe that?

I love the woods, the veneers, and the overall design. We'll done.

Do you aspire to any particular "schools of thought" or makers in your construction techniques?

Does the cue have an A joint? Cored? Partial or full core?

I wouldn't ask you to reveal secrets and would be happy with whatever you choose to reveal.

Again, the cue looks very nice. Thanks for showing off! :thumbup::thumbup:

ty very much, I like to think of my taper as between a pro taper and conical taper, more towards the pro taper side. Yes I had one of the best cue makers in my opinion that taught me a lot, I hope he don't mind me giving him props! Eric Crisp Sugartree cues. yes I have an A-joint, yes I core my wood, sometimes I don't core the handle if it is going to be wrapped, depending on handle wood used, but so far I would say 95% or better all is cored. I use cyano for the finish.

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
if you're working with ebony at all please post. I'm a huge fan of ebony cues and would be interested to see what you're doing with it.

dkjshark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if you're working with ebony at all please post. I'm a huge fan of ebony cues and would be interested to see what you're doing with it.

ok I will, iam working on a couple cues that will have ebony and African blackwood also.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Wow that cue is pretty. I love the colors, the points look like fire trapped in. Very nice.

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you mentioned 60 made? How long have you been doing repairs prior to making cues? And if you don't mind saying what is a range in price or at least a starting point?

Thanks

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
Beautiful stuff here!

I like how you showed the joint married up in one of your pics. Classy stuff.

Would be very interested in how these hit. Or finding out for myself! :grin::grin: