New Schmelke design

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I bought both my boys a Schmelke Merry Widow style cue, one Bocote and one Rosewood. They are about 12 years old. Both cues play incredibly well and are straight. Cody is about to order a Schmelke sneaky made from Bocote but his cue will have points this time.

I like the cue in the link you provided, the ring work sets it off.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought both my boys a Schmelke Merry Widow style cue, one Bocote and one Rosewood. They are about 12 years old. Both cues play incredibly well and are straight. Cody is about to order a Schmelke sneaky made from Bocote but his cue will have points this time.

I like the cue in the link you provided, the ring work sets it off.

For me the ringwork is a breaker, I personally would rather not have it, if it doesn't line up, I guess those expectations are high for the price point. But, I'd get one with just phenolic minus the ringwork.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was just eyeballing that exact cue a few days ago.
A fine choice.
I noticed they seem to have more options on
how you want the cue than even Schmelke's website.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really like how this cue looks.
Thinking about getting it.
What do you think?

https://billiardwarehouse.com/cues/schmelke/schmelke_bocote-merrywidow.htm

I think you should go for it!

Hell, I'm getting another cue made (not a Schmelke) and I don't even need a cue. I got too many as it is.

But, if I'm spending money, everybody should be spending money.

I had David Schmelke custom build me a cue a while back and it came out really good. I sold it because I bought another cue right after that and I ran out of cases to put them all in.

I still have a Schmelke shaft and it plays really well on one of my McDermott cues that matches up with the joint and pin size.

That McDermott cue plays so good that even CJ Wiley could play with it and win. He used it to win the 1996 Million Dollar Challenge Tournament.

Attachments

• Optimized-cj cue signature.jpg
    Optimized-cj cue signature.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 870
Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can’t go wrong with a Schmelke

The only thing wrong with a Schmelke is their logo.

I hate that logo...it looks cheap.

If they'd update the logo to something more sleek and elegant it would look much better in my opinion.

When I had mine made, I had them leave the logo off.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only thing wrong with a Schmelke is their logo.

I hate that logo...it looks cheap.

If they'd update the logo to something more sleek and elegant it would look much better in my opinion.

When I had mine made, I had them leave the logo off.

I agree.
terrible logo.
maybe some of our more talented members could design something more sleek and modern.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's so bad about the logo? The old block-letter JOSS done with what looked like an exacto knife looked good? Rings that don't line-up on a $250 stick? I think this cue looks great and at this price is a freakin' steal in my book. Looks like David and co. stepped-up their game on this one.

Last edited:

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's so bad about the logo? The old block-letter JOSS done with what looked like an exacto knife looked good? Rings that don't line-up on a $250 stick? I think this cue looks great and at this price is a freakin' steal in my book. Looks like David and co. stepped-up their game on this one.

It's $230 dont try to high roll me.
But i may take the $3.00 upgrade to a LePro tip from an Elkmaster.
I don't think the rings line up on South West cues.

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOL, I have a few of his cues and I keep the logos out on the rack - I like them! Especially the "Made In U.S.A." - but not trying to start any arguments about that. Have plenty of stuff made all over the world, but nice to have something "next door" from Wisconsin.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Waiting for your review. Hopefully on this thread. Looks like a nice cue and for the money...a bargain.

the picture on the web site was not really high definition.
i did find an HD photo of anther Schmelke bocote cue and the wood was really good looking,lots of character.

Cadillac J

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did it.
I just ordered it.
I decided to keep the standard Elkmaster tip.
Can't wait.

FINALLY someone purchased that thing! :thumbup: I swear it has been there for a minimum of 4-5 months, and many many different times I thought about purchasing it due to its unique design and price.

However, I instead ordered a 4-point rosewood with no veneers 60" (30/30) Schmelke with traditional maple turned to 12.25mm, 1/2" XTC ferrule and white w/ green spec linen that I'm waiting to arrive this month!!

You'll have to let us know how it plays after you get some experience with it.

rhinobywilhite

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you made a great purchase.

You are correct, there are a lot of cues built with rings that don't perfectly align. That should not be a deal breaker in that price range.

Finally, you are moving the economy along and pushing the Trump train with your purchase!!!