Mezz Ferules

Hardmix

Registered
I have been playing Mezz WD/WX 700 and Ex Pro shafts for the last 3 years. I like everything about these shafts except the ferules, all of mine have cracked.

I have never broken with any of the shafts. I do fire some balls into the pocket and hit some firm banks.

I am curious if other Mezz players are having the same experience.

Last edited:

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been playing Mezz WD/WX 700 and Ex Pro shafts for the last 3 years. I like everything about these shafts except the ferules, they all crack.

I am curious if other Mezz players are having the same experience.
I can tell about two cases I know. My student bought his Mezz cue with WX 700 shaft quite long ago at the time they just appeared on the market. So it was some time ago I don't remmember how long that ferrule served and needed the replaycement.
The second case I know is fairly fresh. Ruslan Chinakhov is playing with a Mezz cue and as I heard with WX-Alpha shaft Jeff de Luna played with it before he switched to the Ignite. A few months ago I saw a post on Ruslan's FB page where he was looking for this particular shaft. I heard the reason was a problem with a ferrule too.
I guess in order to get some LD properties they needed to look for a compromise and came with that material to use. For the money they ask for their Ex Pro shaft they could offer something more reliable...ihmo.
When it comes to me I would just change the ferrule using Tomahawk material for example which worked well for me on my projects with LD shafts.

Last edited:

Ģüśţāṿ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've only had a Mezz (wx700) crack once. As long as you dont let the tip get too short, it should be just fine.

Hardmix

Registered
Ģüśţāṿ;6557546 said:
I've only had a Mezz (wx700) crack once. As long as you dont let the tip get too short, it should be just fine.

My tips never get short enough to stress the ferrule.

I think Mezz chose their ferrule for its weight not longevity.

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have 6- WX700 shafts, everyone of them has cracks in the ferrules. I just thin some CA, brush it on in the lathe and smooth it with 800 then 1000. They play fine, but I'm getting ready to swap them all over to Tomahawk. Brian.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have 6- WX700 shafts, everyone of them has cracks in the ferrules. I just thin some CA, brush it on in the lathe and smooth it with 800 then 1000. They play fine, but I'm getting ready to swap them all over to Tomahawk. Brian.

:wink: :cool:

Nekdo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had three cracked ferrules on my wd700. I own the shaft for cca 10 yeara. First was on the original tip. Other two happened soon after the tip change. All ferrules were changed under warranty. At the last change they (mezz) asked me to instruct my repairman (tip changer) to not sand the ferrule when changing the tip. Have not had the crack in ferrules in last 7 years.
I know a lot of people with mezz cracked ferrules (wd700, wx700, ex pro,hp2). That is why the next time my ferrule cracks, the shaft is going for wood fire. You cant have ferrule cracking on 400 eur shafts.
Im interested what will be wrong with ingnite shafts...

Poslano z mojega SM-G965F z uporabo Tapatalk