Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
So after hearing a few comments from World Champions with true World titles NOT the Charlie Williams NON sanctioned tournament.. Both Sigel and Varner both made statements the ability to run 600 balls is incredible and I 100% agree. The difference is when Sigel was told John did it with big pockets and 760 Simonis he retracted his thoughts and said what really it was on 760 Simonis cloth. Well that says a lot then. Then he had said then anyone who knows the game could run 700 or 800 like that and Mosconi would have ran 2000 without missing. That says a lot from a World Champion who knows the game better than anyone else and a proven stack of trophys to back it up. Can anyone name 1 tournament or event that uses 760 Simonis anywhere?

So who is this? I’m curious about someone claiming to be the only guy ever to run over 300 on a diadem.

Mike Sigel is good at playing pool but he is a bit greasy lol. A used medical supply salesman since inception. He can throw all kinds of numbers around but I don’t see anyone else running 7-800 on any table with any cloth. And someone would put the video out right now for free to sh!t on John if they could make a bigger run

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Mosconi might run 2000 based on the set up conditions and dedication to make high runs.
Fortunately I was fortunate enough to speak to Mosconi more than a few times. I remember talking to him at the BC A trade show around 1988 or 1989 in Tennessee and asked him about his highest run. He told me he knew he ran over 500 about a dozen times and over 600 he thought 3 times so 526 wasn’t his high run. He said he considered the 526 his high run because it was an exhibition with an opponent and a a scheduled event. He said he didn’t count any of the higher runs because he considered them just practice. Since we are talking about breaking Mosconi exhibition run I think the guidelines should be the same. Johns run was NOT an exhibition where people had to get tickets to view his attempts and John set up a special table and conditions for his attempts. Mosconi was only at his exhibition for 1 day only. An unfamiliar table slow cloth standard pockets and 5oz balls also shooting with a house cue converted into a 2 piece cue with a brass joint. For all who say it was a 8ft table so it was easier you are dead wrong. The playing area was 46x92 vs 50x100. That 4x8 inches difference which isn’t much but enough to have more clusters and make less patterns and tougher to make high runs. Anyone that thinks otherwise has never run 100s unless they are trying to twist the truth.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Other runs among John's many tries ended on a break shot including the curving cue ball scratch.

I have never seen a fishier shot-It's almost like the more difficult end of the table was tilted toward the pockets-Either that or one of Mike Massey's trick cue balls got slipped in there.

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
So who is this? I’m curious about someone claiming to be the only guy ever to run over 300 on a diadem.

Mike Sigel is good at playing pool but he is a bit greasy lol. A used medical supply salesman since inception. He can throw all kinds of numbers around but I don’t see anyone else running 7-800 on any table with any cloth. And someone would put the video out right now for free to sh!t on John if they could make a bigger run

No one capable of running large runs is interested and why should they be? John is making it look like it ain’t worth it to try and do so. As for the 300 ball run on a Diamond that would be me at 311. That should tell you enough about me knowing how to play and what I’m talking about. At 311 that is still not but half of the 626 John claims to be legit. So do you think conditions matter knowing this? So if someone sets up any table now and make the conditions as easy as possible and run 627 or whatever should it count?
What would happen if the BCA hired pool table installers to take that table apart and see filed slates, oversized pockets and small pocket facings would that be considered cheating? It would certainly be one of the greatest hustles ever. Is that table available for any others to go there with an open invitation under similar conditions free place to stay, food drinks and paid to make attempts?

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mosconi might run 2000 based on the set up conditions and dedication to make high runs.
Fortunately I was fortunate enough to speak to Mosconi more than a few times. I remember talking to him at the BC A trade show around 1988 or 1989 in Tennessee and asked him about his highest run. He told me he knew he ran over 500 about a dozen times and over 600 he thought 3 times so 526 wasn’t his high run. He said he considered the 526 his high run because it was an exhibition with an opponent and a a scheduled event. He said he didn’t count any of the higher runs because he considered them just practice. Since we are talking about breaking Mosconi exhibition run I think the guidelines should be the same. Johns run was NOT an exhibition where people had to get tickets to view his attempts and John set up a special table and conditions for his attempts. Mosconi was only at his exhibition for 1 day only. An unfamiliar table slow cloth standard pockets and 5oz balls also shooting with a house cue converted into a 2 piece cue with a brass joint. For all who say it was a 8ft table so it was easier you are dead wrong. The playing area was 46x92 vs 50x100. That 4x8 inches difference which isn’t much but enough to have more clusters and make less patterns and tougher to make high runs. Anyone that thinks otherwise has never run 100s unless they are trying to twist the truth.

Although John may have the record now, I think Willie's accomplishment will always be more monumental for the reasons you laid out in this post. Unless of course John does it again and in a more similar manner as Willie.

Excellent post.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So after hearing a few comments from World Champions with true World titles NOT the Charlie Williams NON sanctioned tournament.. Both Sigel and Varner both made statements the ability to run 600 balls is incredible and I 100% agree. The difference is when Sigel was told John did it with big pockets and 760 Simonis he retracted his thoughts and said what really it was on 760 Simonis cloth. Well that says a lot then. Then he had said then anyone who knows the game could run 700 or 800 like that and Mosconi would have ran 2000 without missing. That says a lot from a World Champion who knows the game better than anyone else and a proven stack of trophys to back it up. Can anyone name 1 tournament or event that uses 760 Simonis anywhere?

Efren could run 5,000 if he had Schmidt breaking for him.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As far as the run being legit?
After no unedited video being offered for any price to anyone I start to wonder like others. Whats the price that would make it released. How much has John made off seeing a video in person. 50 bucks a copy a hundred bucks a copy or 10k or 20k for the rights let here the amount.
I believe now the video isn't released for several reasons and one of the reasons is ego. If the video sold a lot and John made lots of money that it might get other players to attempt a high run and if someone ran 700 or so Johns ego would be hurt which is more important than money to him. The fact is I believe no one ever will run 600 again if this really did happen because no pros care because they don't see any money being awarded. Could anyone do it without a table being altered and perfect conditions at any time I highly doubt it.
John has many high runs but look at the conditions it took. The table at Q-master in Va beach was altered with the slate at the pockets being rounded over to accept balls easier at the pockets and gigantic pockets. Diamond tables have been out for 30 years and with all the new technology in pool cues, tips fast cloth many players tried for high runs including John for many years but with 4.25 or 4.5 inch pockets no one except 1 person has broke 300 at 311. So Johns highest so called run is more than doubles that his highest run on a Diamond table so why is that.

Altered is one word for it. You are describing cheating. Just as Danny has been saying. John should be banned from professional pool.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Congratulations

No one capable of running large runs is interested and why should they be? John is making it look like it ain’t worth it to try and do so. As for the 300 ball run on a Diamond that would be me at 311. That should tell you enough about me knowing how to play and what I’m talking about. At 311 that is still not but half of the 626 John claims to be legit. So do you think conditions matter knowing this? So if someone sets up any table now and make the conditions as easy as possible and run 627 or whatever should it count?
What would happen if the BCA hired pool table installers to take that table apart and see filed slates, oversized pockets and small pocket facings would that be considered cheating? It would certainly be one of the greatest hustles ever. Is that table available for any others to go there with an open invitation under similar conditions free place to stay, food drinks and paid to make attempts?

Congratulations on the 311 on a Diamond professional table Wrldpro - with no gimmicks i.e. sanded slate at corner pockets + no amateur 5" pockets with soft facings. I would like to see that run, I really do not care to watch schmidtty's bca 5" pocket party run (behind closed doors). But I would like to see if the tape can clear the geek squad test. Please send me a copy of your true run on the Diamond.

Last edited:

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Congratulations on the 311 on a Diamond professional table Wrldpro - with no gimmicks i.e. sanded slate at corner pockets + no amateur 5" pockets with soft facings. I would like to see that run, I really do not care to watch schmidtty's bca 5" pocket party run (behind closed doors). But I would like to see if the tape can clear the geek squad test. Please send me a copy of your true run on the Diamond.

Danny as I said before who goes through all the non sense of recording their practice. I certainly have nothing to prove and don't need to profit from anything. I did record a few runs soon after because people requested. It was very loud and with a lot of distractions at Hardtimes where I put 2 Diamond tables in.I do have a 229 I still need to upload and when I find it I will put in on youtube. It would be nice to have Cranfields 768 on video but they didn't have much video or youtube back then. BTW Cranfield holds the highest run. Why would Schmidts so called legit run be considered different that Cranfields? Same thing no opponent and no tickets sold at the front door. Cranfields would have been much harder with out setting up perfect conditions and just during a practice session.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You continue to claim the 626 table was doctored, without evidence of it.

Yet you hold John to a far different standard.

Hypocritical.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member

As far as I know the record on a diamond is 285 by filler. VA isn’t far from MD. They actually touch in places. Will you play me some?

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Danny as I said before who goes through all the non sense of recording their practice. I certainly have nothing to prove and don't need to profit from anything. I did record a few runs soon after because people requested. It was very loud and with a lot of distractions at Hardtimes where I put 2 Diamond tables in.I do have a 229 I still need to upload and when I find it I will put in on youtube. It would be nice to have Cranfields 768 on video but they didn't have much video or youtube back then. BTW Cranfield holds the highest run. Why would Schmidts so called legit run be considered different that Cranfields? Same thing no opponent and no tickets sold at the front door. Cranfields would have been much harder with out setting up perfect conditions and just during a practice session.

Apparently someone from the BCA watched John's video. No idea how many saw it or how hard they looked at it,. The funny thing, you, me as well as the vast majority of players may never see it, especially the unedited version. So we will have to go on word of mouth for the time being.

BFjax

Decious
I also watched the 4+ hours of unedited video with voice over. In all honesty, I was concerned that it might actually feel like watching paint dry... but in the end, I have to tell you... with John, and some of his friends describing what you are watching, as you are watching it... the time flew by, and it was entertaining! Listen, while the first few racks to set the mood, followed by watching 527 sink, and then 627 miss, might actually be enough to watch, there is something to be said about watching the entirety of the feat... which was vetted as genuine by the BCA. I don't know about you, but pool has enough negativity from the outside... from those that don't understand the pure joy that our game offers... from those that still shout:

Trouble, oh we got trouble,
Right here in River City!
With a capital "T"
That rhymes with "P"
And that stands for POOL!

Look, I don't know the op, nor am I trying to stir the pot. Furthermore, I'm all for freedom of speech, and am using my right to comment... but I have to question the initial drive for this posted topic. And while it has been entertaining to read, it seems best defined by a definition I found on dictionary.com:

jealousy [ jel-uh-see ]

noun, plural jeal·ous·ies

1. jealous resentment against a rival, a person enjoying success or advantage, etc., or against another's success or advantage itself.

2. mental uneasiness from suspicion or fear of rivalry, unfaithfulness, etc., as in love or aims.

3. vigilance in maintaining or guarding something.

4. a jealous feeling, disposition, state, or mood.

p.s. I find some irony in definition #2... as it pertains to "aims"

-Erik

Status
Not open for further replies.