convince me

rrich1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a GC3 and I need somebody to convince me not to cut the top of the pockets off. The corners have all been powder coated so they are nice and new. The top of the pocket is really annoying. The pockets seem to be super snug inside and with the two allen head screws, is it that bad of an idea to cut the tops off?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I have a GC3 and I need somebody to convince me not to cut the top of the pockets off. The corners have all been powder coated so they are nice and new. The top of the pocket is really annoying. The pockets seem to be super snug inside and with the two allen head screws, is it that bad of an idea to cut the tops off?

Get some GC4 pockets and be done with it. The lip of the pocket is needed to hold the pocket straight and in place, the pocket screws just hold it in place, cut the lip off and the pocket will be dropping all the time.

Glen

JC

Coos Cues
Get some GC4 pockets and be done with it. The lip of the pocket is needed to hold the pocket straight and in place, the pocket screws just hold it in place, cut the lip off and the pocket will be dropping all the time.

Glen

I second that. Make sure and get genuine Brunswick gc4 pockets. Don't be fooled by bargain priced imitations. They're expensive but very much worth it. The material is really nice as you can bridge on it without any burning or transfer of plastic to your shaft. They also hold 8 balls each so you rarely have to move balls during a game. I've had mine on my gc3 for about 8 years and they look like new still. They also fit at the lip nicely on the irons and look very sano. If you cut the pocket tops off you will be bridging on powder coated metal at times. Not good.

JC