Predator cue stained

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently purchased a predator sport 2 ice. I love the way the cue plays and the look of the revo with a white cue but some how it’s become stained around the joint. At first I thought it was from chalk but when I went to simply wipe it off it didn’t come off....I used a magic eraser and that didn’t help either. I’ve seen people complaining about staining from the revo shaft but have never noticed anything myself but I don’t know what else in can be? Can chalk stain a cue like this?

It’s actually darker in person then my camera picked up.

Attachments

• ACEBBD30-BED3-4A76-81AF-1B34559EE826.jpg
    ACEBBD30-BED3-4A76-81AF-1B34559EE826.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 457
  • 864373BF-D208-4F14-84D7-AC72B37B4E3A.jpg
    864373BF-D208-4F14-84D7-AC72B37B4E3A.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 461

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I wanna say it's not from the Revo shaft for the sole purpose that my predator joint is white like your cue and it hasn't stained it for the past 2 years I've been using this butt with my Revo

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wanna say it's not from the Revo shaft for the sole purpose that my predator joint is white like your cue and it hasn't stained it for the past 2 years I've been using this butt with my Revo

Yeah and it’s bluish.... the kamui chalk maybe?

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you get it off I wonder if the joint can sealed or treated with Renaissance wax

pinkspider

Crap user name, I know.
Silver Member
Try a white polymer draftsman's/artist eraser. They work great on ferrules. If this stain is down in the pores it probably won't come out.

Yeah the polymer ones, sorry I just assumed they’re all polymer now lol

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just use some Soft Scrub on a paper towel. I've been using this to clean ferrules and shafts for the longest time with excellent results. One bottle will last for years. Just a couple of drops on a paper towel.

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From what I can see, it looks different than a chalk stain. Which makes me wonder what color is the liner of your case? And do you live or travel in a high humidity area?

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That really looks like smudged black felt pen. Try isopropyl alcohol to remove it.

Have you played on a table recently where the had just redrawn the lines on the table? Maybe rubbing from a corner pocket that had it's dye "touched up" with felt pen?

Try the alcohol. If it comes off it was likely sharpie ink.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That really looks like smudged black felt pen. Try isopropyl alcohol to remove it.

Have you played on a table recently where the had just redrawn the lines on the table? Maybe rubbing from a corner pocket that had it's dye "touched up" with felt pen?

Try the alcohol. If it comes off it was likely sharpie ink.

Nope.. none of that.

And my case interior is black.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nope.. none of that.

And my case interior is black.

Do you wipe your tip on the carpet before you put it back in the case?

If so, there are people on this forum that would like to have a word with you..... :duck:

Seriously though, my guess is that it looks like ground in chalk dust from unscrewing after playing with chalk on your hands/glove.

Not sure what kind of finish is on those cues, might be best to email predator and ask what they suggest to clean it off with.

70% Isopropyl alcohol (almost all evaporated on a paper towel) is what I would guess.