New Here? - Introduce Yourself

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Chili,

Initials and I work on yachts. Dumb I know. :smile:

Nope, nothing wrong with that. What do you do on yachts? I've been wanting to move down there and live on a sailboat for a quite a few years. Now that I'm divorced it's getting pretty close to being top on my list but I've got some personal commitments that I don't think I can get a way from for a few years.

Hollnagel

Hi everyone, I’m trying to get back into playing. I used to play when I was 14-17 years old. Was turning into a pretty good player, then got busy with life and a family at a young age.

But here lately I’ve been playing at bar room tables close to where I’m working and really got the itch to play more consistently again. Will be a good while to even get as good as I once was, but I’m sure it will be fun.

Recently ordered a Pure X HXTE5 for my first cue in 18 years. So I’m excited to get that and see how I like it.

VACue56

Hello from Virginia. Have enjoyed this website for some time and finally joined. I like pool, but am not very good. Have been practicing to get better. Great site, enjoy reading from masters of the game.:)

Tryad

Registered
Im New!!!!

Good afternoon everyone,

I live in Peoria AZ, I am just starting to shoot again after 10 years of not playing.
I do have an 8ft Brunswick Apollo pool table with K66 speed rails and two tone gray Simonis cloth.

I shoot with my custom Perry Weston and Mike Gulyassy Sledge Hammer break Cue.
I have a leather instroke case and a aluminum Zero Halliburton case as well for travel.

Since I am getting back into shooting is there anyone in my area that would like to get together and shoot? Let me know thanks.

Proud2Btexan

Registered

As you can tell from my handle, I’m one of those too proud Texans!
I’ve played pool for 36 years, APA league in Shreveport, LA in the 90’s,
and have been playing NAPA for about 4 years now. Love to compete and
love to learn!

zak

Hey all, I'm from Salt Lake City. Been playing since I was a kid but basically been relearning a lot of things the past 10 years and unlearning a lot of poor fundamentals. I'm at best a B player that occasionally plays like an A- but hoping to change that.

Game Hunter

Registered
Hi everybody!

Hi! I'm a casual player but I have great interest in the history of billiards so you may find me mainly in the history forum.

rickyaifd

Registered
New member/ Old player

My name is Rick. I have been an on again/ off again amateur player for years. In my much younger days, I qualified to join the pro tour at the time. I just recently picked the game back up after a hiatus that I took after my parents passed.

KMcCready

Hello from LA

Hi guys. Nothing much to say. Just your average Joe. Got my training at Hard Times in Bellflower, Ca around 89. Spent many a long night there, often shooting 9 ball til 3 or 4 in the morning learning from Efren, Bustamante, Strickland, Varner when he came to town as well as many others. I miss those simpler days.

Haven’t played much over the last years, but would love to share some stories with you. Still have my beloved Joss cue and my custom Romero cue. Was sad to hear that Lil Al had moved away to Sacramento. Hope I get to see that old man again before he gets much older. Wonderful man as well as cue stick maker and repair man.

jrhendy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi guys. Nothing much to say. Just your average Joe. Got my training at Hard Times in Bellflower, Ca around 89. Spent many a long night there, often shooting 9 ball til 3 or 4 in the morning learning from Efren, Bustamante, Strickland, Varner when he came to town as well as many others. I miss those simpler days.

Haven’t played much over the last years, but would love to share some stories with you. Still have my beloved Joss cue and my custom Romero cue. Was sad to hear that Lil Al had moved away to Sacramento. Hope I get to see that old man again before he gets much older. Wonderful man as well as cue stick maker and repair man.

Hi Keith, good to see you on here. I see Al a couple times a week and will tell him you mentioned him. He is still making cues and in action often enough to stay in pretty good stroke for someone his age. John Henderson

triskelion

new guy

Hello everyone. :smile: My name is Jerome and was born and raised in Cebu City, Philippines. Moved to the states about 13 years ago. I played pool since I was a kid. I started playing on a mini pool table with marbles that my uncle made for us kids. As I got older got to play in the bigger tables. However I was never really competitive. Last summer got a change to buy a bar table and started playing with my kids. This led me to join a BCA league here where I call home now Visalia CA. Just a couple of weeks ago I got a Brunswick GC III with 4 ¼ pockets with Artemis cushions. That was a dream come true for me. I have always wanted a 9 footer that I can play and practice. I have met a lot of people through the common love for pool. Happy to be part of this group!

MTHEORYSPORTS

MTheoryBilliardsDivision
Mtheorysports

My name is Christopher Ayers and I’m with M Theory. We are excited to be on azbilliards and to be a part of the billiards community. We are a new lifestyle brand that encompasses more than just pool. Art, skateboarding, pool/billiards, anything you do to find truth and express yourself is where you’ll find M Theory. mtheorysports.com, @mtheorysports instagram and M Theory Sports on Facebook. Let’s play!

mrpiper

Registered
Hello friends, my name is Mark and I am just west of Atlanta Ga. I play a customized 2006 Viking F50 with blue pearl inlay and name inscribed on the butt. I have never played in a league because of work / time constraints but would really like to try. I have an 8ft. classic table at home and play almost every day. Sadly what I find is that none of my friends play at my level so I mostly play alone. Hopefully one day, a league will change that. I look forward to learning from the members here.

RVelle

Registered
Hello All

Been a very long while since I have played much pool, after getting married and kids, used to play in diff leagues, and clubbing days were the best playing for shots and a decent amount of time enjoying free drinks :) ..Fast forward 20 years, yikes...Kids have outgrown their "playroom" and doesnt the wife ask, "what would you think about getting a POOL TABLE for down there?" LOL...She found one via FB someone needed to unload for $150, I thought well it wont be a great table, and definitely wont be slate, but went to look at it...8' three piece slate table in good condition now resides at the house...Now I just need yo get the right tools so I can redo the cloth and level myself...I get the feeling leveling will end up being the bigger Pita.

Cant wait to have it completed!

RVelle (Erik)

Daimond

Hello to this forum!

My name is Sergio, I am from Russian Federation and I started to play pool at local club some month ago. Since this I totally like this game and now I want to buy beginner or intermediate cue and I come for the advices to this great community.

DennyGlenn

Registered
https://youtu.be/7bM3L1ZGiJA

Note: It's Denny Glenn!
I am new here to the forum. I have been asked to join for years, but I am sort of a dinosaur when it comes to 'posting' (and replying)...but I am finally on here.
Thanks for the welcome!
Hope you enjoy the video. Looking forward some good things for pool and billiards.
Looks like you'll have to copy and paste this link to my YouTube video . Please do.

Luposian

Registered
Hello, everyone!

My name is Jared and I live in Sierra Vista, AZ (USA). We're getting our first "new" pool table... a used Connelly Prescott w/ Queen Anne legs in a light oak finish. It's new for us, as we've never owned a pool table before. Sold by SureShot Billiards in the Phoenix area. Arriving in a few minutes and installed by them.

Got it for an absolute steal at $1,199 (not including delivery and installation and upgrades, which jacks the price up about $900 more), considering we were looking at a Fat Cat Reno II for $999 (i.e Chinese junk for a lot of money) initially. We're going with Simonis 860 cloth and a set of used Aramith Super Pro balls, but using the Eastpoint cues we got at Walmart (which are a big step up from the cues we played with on the coin-op tables they have at our Timeshare).

Last edited:

JJM1911

Registered
Hey Everyone, my name is Jason. I have been away from the sport for about 20 years. Was very active in my teens and early 20's playing in leagues. My grandparents had a table at their house which I lived close to and played all the time. Life got busy after getting married and family and work life took me away. Built a new home a couple years ago and now I had plenty of space for my own Olhausen Nashville table. A lot more time to play, playing almost every night for a 30 to 60 minutes. Bought a Mezz AXI-158. Getting back in the swing of things and loving the new table and being able to play when I want. May join a league soon, but I have a lot of catching up to do. Many of your post have been very helpful in my purchases. Hope to be able to contribute in the future, but thanks for all the wonderful info thus far.
wAFtBxN.jpg

Last edited:

d8nk

Noah B
Long time AZ user, only first few posts I've made. I have learned so much from everyone on here over the years, especially the table mechanics!

I have played for about 25 years, 10 of those pretty competitively. Finally built my own home and have room for a proper table. I knew it was time to give back to the community so I signed up for Gold membership today and thought I would say hi :)

Hello to all you other new members as well!