CTE aiming & professional stroke structure

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well what do you know, Mr Lowenstein! You stuck your foot in your mouth here! LMAO Are you aware that we (the SPF Group) invented Set-Pause-Finish as a methodology in 1987? No? I didn't think so. Guess where Stan got it from? That's right...Me. :eek: I taught it to him when I went to his house for 3 days, years ago, when I upgraded him to Master Level! I find it hilarious that people and concepts you tout as beneficial have their roots in my teaching! Another fact that you apparently missed in your "research" is that Stan is also a professional player, with a pro tournament win under his belt, many years ago in Athens GA. All the other usual suspects were there, but it was Stan who came out on top that day! I guess this is as good a post as any, for my first ever post in the aiming sub-forum!

As an addendum here,..I wrote this post before I watched the video Stan made. I guess you missed the part where Stan credited Randyg and I with SPF. LOL...I thought I was watching myself on this video. I must have done a good job with Stan, as he was near verbatim with what I showed him. AWESOME video Mr. Shuffett! You are a credit to the SPF Family of Instructors! One thing that Jerry Briesath taught us all...and we still promote it in every lesson today...everybody backswings too fast; and everybody shoots too hard! True 50 years ago..still true today! Thank you Mr Briesath!

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Many observers assume that Stan Shuffett is only a teacher and practitioner of CTE aiming and nothing else. This mistaken idea can be dispelled by investing some study time at the YouTube video URL attached==>https://youtu.be/KPxChKVxSSo
The teaching and study of the 3 parts to the stroke...the set position, the pause, and the finish position can dramatically affect the chosen aiming method. No matter what it happens to be.
My suggestion would be to quit being concerned about "where is the book" and "when can I get it" and put some intense study into the stroke (which he teaches very well on this free YouTube video)
The Book and Truth Series will be on the scene in due time.
I'd relate their arrival to the old adage of a "watched pot on the stove never seems to boil".
:thumbup2:
https://youtu.be/KPxChKVxSSo

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well what do you know, Mr Lowenstein! You stuck your foot in your mouth here! LMAO Are you aware that we (the SPF Group) invented Set-Pause-Finish as a methodology in 1987? No? I didn't think so. Guess where Stan got it from? That's right...Me. :eek: I taught it to him when I went to his house for 3 days, years ago, when I upgraded him to Master Level! I find it hilarious that people and concepts you tout as beneficial have their roots in my teaching! Another fact that you apparently missed in your "research" is that Stan is also a professional player, with a pro tournament win under his belt, many years ago in Athens GA. All the other usual suspects were there, but it was Stan who came out on top that day! I guess this is as good a post as any, for my first ever post in the aiming sub-forum!
As an addendum here,..I wrote this post before I watched the video Stan made. I guess you missed the part where Stan credited Randyg and I with SPF. LOL...I thought I was watching myself on this video. I must have done a good job with Stan, as he was near verbatim with what I showed him. AWESOME video Mr. Shuffett! You are a credit to the SPF Family of Instructors! One thing that Jerry Briesath taught us all...and we still promote it in every lesson today...everybody backswings too fast; and everybody shoots too hard! True 50 years ago..still true today! Thank you Mr Briesath!
Scott Lee
----------------------------

Last edited:

Saturated Fats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Scott Lee

I don't see where in the original post Stan was credited with creating SPF. Only that he was teaching it - and what's wrong with that?

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fred...Nothing wrong with that at all...as I said in my post. What's wrong is Pete Lowenstein aka Low500 continuing to berate my skills as an instructor on a public forum, where I have a strong positive reputation as a professional instructor, not to mention the personal attacks...when he lauds the same techniques and concepts by other SPF instructors, like Randyg and Stan Shuffett. As I mentioned, Stan did a great job explaining and demonstrating SPF on his video about how to develop a great repeatable stroke. Seems idiotic to pan and badmouth someone for teaching something, while holding someone else teaching the exact same thing, as an example to follow. I guess, in the end, it's about respect...or lack thereof. He has allegedly answered a challenge from me to meet in Atlanta, and "kick my ass on the table", and put up what he calls "significant money". I'm game...we'll see if he has the stones to show up and play...or if he's just another keyboard warrior, which is my guess. :mad: Knowing you, I'd be surprised if you supported that kind of disrespect!

Scott Lee

I don't see where in the original post Stan was credited with creating SPF. Only that he was teaching it - and what's wrong with that?

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fred...Nothing wrong with that at all...as I said in my post. What's wrong is Pete Lowenstein aka Low500 continuing to berate my skills as an instructor on a public forum, where I have a strong positive reputation as a professional instructor, not to mention the personal attacks...when he lauds the same techniques and concepts by other SPF instructors, like Randyg and Stan Shuffett. As I mentioned, Stan did a great job explaining and demonstrating SPF on his video about how to develop a great repeatable stroke. Seems idiotic to pan and badmouth someone for teaching something, while holding someone else teaching the exact same thing, as an example to follow. I guess, in the end, it's about respect...or lack thereof. He has allegedly answered a challenge from me to meet in Atlanta, and "kick my ass on the table", and put up what he calls "significant money". I'm game...we'll see if he has the stones to show up and play...or if he's just another keyboard warrior, which is my guess. :mad: Knowing you, I'd be surprised if you supported that kind of disrespect!

Scott Lee

Pete?!

Lou Figueroa
thought his name was
Joe Lee Bush