KT's Lawyers

T

Timberly

I wasn't too surprised when I read it because it's becoming more & more common on ebay now. You'll see an item dirt cheap but the shipping charges are outrageous. This way, they give less to ebay and pocket more.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Timberly said:
I wasn't too surprised when I read it because it's becoming more & more common on ebay now. You'll see an item dirt cheap but the shipping charges are outrageous. This way, they give less to ebay and pocket more.

It's called "fee avoidance" and has been against the rules since ebay started. They end the auction if the find out and they do, anyone selling a similer item will turn them in. If you do it again they will probably close your account.

T

Timberly

macguy said:
It's called "fee avoidance" and has been against the rules since ebay started. They end the auction if the find out and they do, anyone selling a similer item will turn them in. If you do it again they will probably close your account.
I've never sold a thing on ebay... only ever bought. Legal or not, I've seen it on there before, which is why I wasn't surprised to hear that KT was "giving away" his book and all one had to do was pay something close to $30 for S & H.

Da Poet

Pool is Cool
Silver Member
av84fun said:
But you are walking on VERY thin ice to allege criminal conduct regarding any activity regarding which the person has neither been charged or convicted. I'm not saying that you cannot possibly get away with the above...just that doing so is a REALLY, REALLY bad idea.

Makes sense.

I've seen a couple posts accusing KT of fraud in a general sense, but I have yet to see anything very specific or actionable.

I think the word "fraud" has been over used here on this forum and has lost it's meaning to the point that a precise discussion on the matter may be impossible anyways.

There are obviously some very real economic issues with this whole venture that I believe are at the heart of the problem. I think the criminal concerns for everyone right now is not so much how KT got into this mess, but how he chooses to get out of it.

av84fun

Banned
Da Poet...<<I think the criminal concerns for everyone right now is not so much how KT got into this mess, but how he chooses to get out of it.>>

Yep. And that will keep all us popcorn lovers munching! And Edyie suggests that there is more to come...SOON.

Munch, munch.

(-:

Jim

jjinfla

Banned
It wouldn't surprise me to hear that KT has someone assigned to read and print out all posts concerning him and the IPT.

It is one thing to say something when there is no witness around with a tape recorder but to type it out and then sign it is quite another matter.

People call him a liar when in reality all he is doing is "puffing". That is a common term used in Real Estate.

I bought the first book, now at 5 million copies sold, and it was interesting. Some good stuff, some junk. Sure a lot better than some of the junk that politicians write.

If you go to the book review sections and all you read are the one star reviews then you will have all negative reviews. If you only read the five star reviews then you will have all positive reviews. Doesn't really tell you much.

He was on TV with his informercial for his second book and that sounds interesting too. I think I will pick that one up too. I will read it and decide for myself what is reasonable and what is not. He sure is captivating and believable on TV. All he is doing is telling people what they want to hear.

The electomagnetic chaos disabler, or whatever, was a hoot. But do you know that in the 40's my mom as a beautician had a similar device that was a scalp rejuvinator? Did nothing as far as I know but it made a nice crackling sound and gave off a blue light.

As far as I am concerned Kevin Trudeau paid his debt to society. He most likely enjoys playing close to the edge.

Hey, maybe someday he and Mike will take me fishing on his boat.

If Mike Sigel happens to read this Dan Lavoi is just about ready to open Hammer Heads in Holiday Florida. 24 Diamond tables. 12 large; 12 small. Dan enjoys fishing in the gulf and might want a couple more investors in his pool room.

Jake

sjb

evolving player
Silver Member
Just a couple comments on some previous posts while I'm sitting here in my pool room getting ready to practice for my inaugural entry in the DM Tourney.

First, from what I've seen on this board, I don't think there's much doubt that someone in KT's camp is monitoring things said about him and the IPT - here and elsewhere. Given his history, don't be surprised to see a lot of what's been said to be used by him in a worst case scenario (i.e., a lawsuit).

Second, someone mentioned above that the word "fraud" had been so overused as to lose all meaning for rational discussion. While I don't completely disagree in the limited context of this forum, the elements of civil fraud are well-defined under each state's law. The various states' laws vary somewhat, but usually have at least the following elements that must be proven by a preponderance of the evidence:

1. making a knowing misrepresentation of fact with the intent that the recipient take some action in reliance (key words being "knowing" and "intent").
2. the recipient reasonably relies on the misrepresentation ( key word here being "reasonably") to the recipient's detriment.
3. resulting damages.
This is a very comdensed version. In most states, fraud is broken down into seven discrete elementss to be proven.

Bottom line: there is a very definte framework within which fraud claims can be discussed. Proving it in court is a whole 'nother ball game.

Excuse the long post. Time to practice.

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
sjb said:
... while I'm sitting here in my pool room getting ready to practice for my inaugural entry in the DM Tourney.

TAP TAP TAP ... oh ... wait ... this is an IPT thread :eek: ... TAP TAP TAP anyway ! Shoot well !

Dave

Jimk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jjinfla said:
It wouldn't surprise me to hear that KT has someone assigned to read and print out all posts concerning him and the IPT.

It is one thing to say something when there is no witness around with a tape recorder but to type it out and then sign it is quite another matter.

People call him a liar when in reality all he is doing is "puffing". That is a common term used in Real Estate.

I bought the first book, now at 5 million copies sold, and it was interesting. Some good stuff, some junk. Sure a lot better than some of the junk that politicians write.

If you go to the book review sections and all you read are the one star reviews then you will have all negative reviews. If you only read the five star reviews then you will have all positive reviews. Doesn't really tell you much.

He was on TV with his informercial for his second book and that sounds interesting too. I think I will pick that one up too. I will read it and decide for myself what is reasonable and what is not. He sure is captivating and believable on TV. All he is doing is telling people what they want to hear.

The electomagnetic chaos disabler, or whatever, was a hoot. But do you know that in the 40's my mom as a beautician had a similar device that was a scalp rejuvinator? Did nothing as far as I know but it made a nice crackling sound and gave off a blue light.

As far as I am concerned Kevin Trudeau paid his debt to society. He most likely enjoys playing close to the edge.

Hey, maybe someday he and Mike will take me fishing on his boat.

If Mike Sigel happens to read this Dan Lavoi is just about ready to open Hammer Heads in Holiday Florida. 24 Diamond tables. 12 large; 12 small. Dan enjoys fishing in the gulf and might want a couple more investors in his pool room.

Jake
Trudeau is believable on T.V.? Did you see his golf infomercial? It was obvious he was not a golfer. A lie told with conviction is still a lie.

memikey

Never Has Been
Silver Member
jjinfla said:
.....But do you know that in the 40's my mom as a beautician had a similar device that was a scalp rejuvinator? Did nothing as far as I know but it made a nice crackling sound and gave off a blue light....

Jake

Jake,come and sit down a minute.....I think you' re old enough now to be told something about your childhood.You remember those trips with your mom to her job in that great big 'health and beauty parlour' surrounded by high walls and barbed wire? Well.....it wasn't really a health and beauty parlour.....

When your mom strapped the client into that special treatment chair with all the wires attached and then clipped those metal things to the 'customers' scalps and pressed the button to make the crackling sound and the blue light appear she wasn't really rejuvenating them,quite the opposite actually.

Don't you go having no nightmares now;) :) :D

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
memikey said:
Jake,come and sit down a minute.....I think you' re old enough now to be told something about your childhood.You remember those trips with your mom to her job in that great big 'health and beauty parlour' surrounded by high walls and barbed wire? Well.....it wasn't really a health and beauty parlour.....

When your mom strapped the client into that special treatment chair with all the wires attached and then clipped those metal things to the 'customers' scalps and pressed the button to make the crackling sound and the blue light appear she wasn't really rejuvenating them,quite the opposite actually.

Don't you go having no nightmares now;) :) :D

OMG!! LMAO!!!

I can't believe you said that..

memikey

Never Has Been
Silver Member
Jimk said:
Trudeau is believable on T.V.? Did you see his golf infomercial? It was obvious he was not a golfer. A lie told with conviction is still a lie.

Sure he is a great golfer.....every other day he shoots 3 under par then nips into the clubhouse and runs 200 balls on the pool table while waiting for a cold beer......hear tell he can drink 126 bottles without visiting the toilet......which might partly explain the torrent of stale piss which escapes his mouth every time he talks:rolleyes:

Any high powered KT lawyer who wishes to sue me can find me in my office in Abu Dhabi,United Arab Emirates (full address supplied on request).If they confirm in advance that they are the official representatives of KT and the IPT and let me know when they are arriving to serve the papers that will be enough for myself and my local business partner to arrange to have them met at the bottom of the steps of the plane and looked after by our colleagues in the local authorities,until they arrange settlement of monies owed and until we decide that we're ready to let them leave;)

goget'um

Registered
Sure for this

Sits down, smokes his cigar.....sips brady...........puts 5 cigars out on KT's head

Sue for that you son of a sap sucker!!!!!

and my 10.34 may just be worth your time

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
goget'um said:
Sits down, smokes his cigar.....sips brady...........puts 5 cigars out on KT's head

Sue for that you son of a sap sucker!!!!!

and my 10.34 may just be worth your time

I gotta hand it to ya, you really like that BRADY, don't ya? LOL

LMAO!!!!

jjinfla

Banned
Compared to the new majority leader in the Democratic party Kevin is a saint.

Compared to the CEO's that Yahoo/finance wrote about a couple days ago, Kevin is a saint.

Let's face it Kevin pulled a fast one on everyone. Time to turn the page and go on with life. He hit the players with a right cross. Now the players are set up to be finished off with the left from the lawyers.

Does anybody care that I lost 95K because I watched LU drop to nothing? And that I was stupid enough to keep buying more on the way down?

I suppose not.

Well, that is the way I feel about the pool players. They made their bed, they can sleep in it. They can keep crying, or they can go on with life.
It is not my problem. It is theirs. No one is paying me for advice. Free advice is worth every penny you pay for it. I know what I would do if I were in their shoes. I really don't care what they will do.

Plenty of free advice here on the boards. Mostly from people who can't receive attention in the real world so they come here in the make believe world and pretend to know it all.

I recovered from the LU fiasco. I wonder if the pool players will recover from their adventure. If they do, good for them. If not, well, that is life.

Jake

sjb

evolving player
Silver Member
Empathy?

Gosh Jake, ever heard of "empathy"? Maybe if I knew you I'd care that you rode Lucent down the tubes. But I do know people with a real stake in this whole mess, and I do care about them.

You're mostly right about the value of free advice, but "advising" anyone is not my aim here (beyond "be careful, and know as much as you can about who you're dealing with").

And fyi, as a favor to a friend, I read -- more than once -- a contract offered by Mark Trainer before the NA Open, and advised against signing it. No charge, and fairly valuable advice as it turns out. Last time I did charge someone for advice, the going rate was $290/hr, but that's been more than a few years ago.

Here's some advice: life's more fun without bitterness.

No charge.;)

steadyneddy

Tournament Director
Silver Member
cuejoey said:
i see on TV that he is GIVING AWAY his book.just pay for shipping !!!!!!

that is because the profit is in the shipping! come on are you kidding me.....did you actually post that?

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
steadyneddy said:
that is because the profit is in the shipping! come on are you kidding me.....did you actually post that?

There is a lot of layers to what he does. The shipping on the book will go towards covering the costs of the informercial but he really wants the contact with the customer that's the real value. Just the fact the they ordered the book shows they have an interest in the subject as well as a willingness to pay.

Once he has the contact then the real selling begins. He wants to get them set up on the web site with his news letter and what ever else he can sell them. Also a big money maker is the mailing lists that KT sells other marketers. I can show you a copy of what he sends out trying to sell the lists. He breaks the lists down into all kinds of demographics.

They tell the persons age, sex whether they paid with a credit card and which one, are they inclined to be repeat customers and so on. I saw one list that actually emphasized the buyers were elderly, decide for yourself what that means. These lists aren't cheap either, it is a big part of KT's income. He has a very multi faceted business that makes money coming and going.

Little story.
The daughter of one of my elderly neighbors found when her mother died her credit card was being billed by Sears for some kind of appliance repair insurance. The thing is, her mother had not lived in that house or owned those appliances for ten years. Old people often don't look at or understand their bills and just pay what ever they say.

Last edited:

cuejoey

25 mm chain guns matter
Silver Member
steadyneddy said:
i posted it but did not mean it it a nice way that you have taken it.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
macguy said:
There is a lot of layers to what he does. The shipping on the book will go towards covering the costs of the informercial but he really wants the contact with the customer that's the real value. Just the fact the they ordered the book shows they have an interest in the subject as well as a willingness to pay.

Once he has the contact then the real selling begins. He wants to get them set up on the web site with his news letter and what ever else he can sell them. Also a big money maker is the mailing lists that KT sells other marketers. I can show you a copy of what he sends out trying to sell the lists. He breaks the lists down into all kinds of demographics.

They tell the persons age, sex whether they paid with a credit card and which one, are they inclined to be repeat customers and so on. I saw one list that actually emphasized the buyers were elderly, decide for yourself what that means. These lists aren't cheap either, it is a big part of KT's income. He has a very multi faceted business that makes money coming and going.

Little story.
The daughter of one of my elderly neighbors found when her mother died her credit card was being billed by Sears for some kind of appliance repair insurance. The thing is, her mother had not lived in that house or owned those appliances for ten years. Old people often don't look at or understand their bills and just pay what ever they say.

from 98 to 02 I made $20,000/week buying and selling lists in the credit business, it dryed up after the FTC implemented the GLBA(Privacy laws) and the DNC (Do not call) laws, now I make about $15K/month the list business is easy $$$ if you have access to the lists, I'm also involved in operations like KT,

I think he had good intentions and was relying on other sponsers to make the pay-off's to the players(internet gambling sites etc.) and he fronted some $$$, but like any business there is a risk of failure and this one simply didnt work, I dont believe he had any intentions of harming any players or damaging pool, I think he saw an oppertunity and it just didnt work.

There is no way anyone could make any liabilous(SP?) statements here about him or his ethics that would lead to any troubles, freedom of speech covers that clearly, I have went toe to toe with the FTC as Kevin has and he is smart and yes he has ripped off alot of people but in this case with pool I dont think his motives were not bad. Go to Ripoff.com and read alll the stuff on him there, funny thing is the guy who ownes that site makes KT look like the most honest guy ever, that site is set up to sell a book. not to serve public interest,

Last edited: