Spectator streamed matches

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
For those of you who have been attending in person the matches over the past say year, what has been the protocol IYHO on clapping/cheering for good shots?

Things have changed over the years.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Things have changed???
..do you mean like, when,
attendee's, spectators yelling "in the hole!!!" on a 490 uphill par4 dog leg left into the wind from a tiger woods drive?

attendee's, spectators thought also that it was cool to trash the T Box on such a thing, PGA old timers thought differently about that.

Gambling Spectators today with some alcohol and a little bit of smoke in a 10 - 12 table runout @the oaklawn... priceless.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I saw Mills/ Chen, the audience did clap and groan an all that shit.

I think I even yelled at dm once.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

6ttoENb.gif

Last edited:

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hated watching WPBA on ESPN. The audience claps for every single shot, no matter how routine. Makes the audience seem not too knowledgeable about the game.

Here's an example.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px3RJYdgmFo
That's because they weren't! Nothing worse than someone applauding a good shot as soon as the ball goes in the pocket, before they even wait to see where the cue ball ends up - which often is not good.

We have one of our weekly 9-ball tournament players that has often says "good shot" to their opponent as the 9-ball is on the way to the pocket, and sometimes it doesn't go in. When shooting the 9-ball and your opponent says good shot as the 9-ball is still rolling towards the pocket, shouldn't that be considered as concession of game regardless of whether the balls goes in?

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
When shooting the 9-ball and your opponent says good shot as the 9-ball is still rolling towards the pocket, shouldn't that be considered as concession of game regardless of whether the balls goes in?

Not in my opinion, as long as it isn't said before the cue ball has left the tip of the cue.

Maniac