Easy way to aim straight in rail shots

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Good ole "deflection" shot.
A must-arsenal .
Great demo.

Yep!

How does any aiming method/system account for the needs of that & rather many other shots?

There is also the shot where both balls are on the rail, one on each side of the side pocket. It is a squirt & swerve shot.

Best Wishes, Joey. We Tried before getting shut down.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yep!

How does any aiming method/system account for the needs of that & rather many other shots?

There is also the shot where both balls are on the rail, one on each side of the side pocket. It is a squirt & swerve shot.

Best Wishes, Joey. We Tried before getting shut down.

It's the old simple way of just aiming the cb to "where it needs to go", as Duckie would say. That's the only system I know of that works on every shot.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
It's the old simple way of just aiming the cb to "where it needs to go", as Duckie would say. That's the only system I know of that works on every shot.

:thumbup2:

Yes, but not just simple aiming. It is aiming with a plan for how the CB will actually travel & what it will impart onto the OB.

When played correctly the Playing of the Sport is artful.

It is sort of like Guitar or other instruments & even singing. The notes can be played & hit by many... But does their instrument "sing". There are relatively few who can make their instruments "sing".

Best.

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's an easy method for aiming frozen straight in rail shots and balls close to the rail.

https://youtu.be/EZAAbrvMNmo

Thanks for posting that! I think those shots near the rail happen a lot more than the two balls frozen on the rail. Definitely worth practicing so you can get yourself out of trouble.

Maybe I can add one additional trick? Awhile back Dr. Dave showed that when the cb and ob are just under a tip's diameter apart (3/4 I believe) then you can shoot anywhere up to about a half ball hit and the ob will still go straight. This means if you have the cb and ob frozen on the rail and right close to each other (about a tip or less)then you can simply shoot away from the rail up to a half ball hit and the ob will go. This actually happened to me shortly after I learned the shot and it worked like a dream! I always say "Thanks Dave" when a shot like that comes up.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for posting that! I think those shots near the rail happen a lot more than the two balls frozen on the rail. Definitely worth practicing so you can get yourself out of trouble.

Maybe I can add one additional trick? Awhile back Dr. Dave showed that when the cb and ob are just under a tip's diameter apart (3/4 I believe) then you can shoot anywhere up to about a half ball hit and the ob will still go straight. This means if you have the cb and ob frozen on the rail and right close to each other (about a tip or less)then you can simply shoot away from the rail up to a half ball hit and the ob will go. This actually happened to me shortly after I learned the shot and it worked like a dream! I always say "Thanks Dave" when a shot like that comes up.

Yes, that's a great shot to know also. I should've included it!