When/How is Schmidt's 626 Video to be Released?

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just very curious if anyone knows when we'll have the opportunity to watch and purchase the 626 video? I understand whomever has the rights to it needs to make $ on the distribution of such a historic accomplishment, as of course does John. I assume they are figuring out the details/logistics of this, but I just hope it's not too long in happening. It would be a hot item right now, but as time passes, obviously not as much.

As a few have suggested here, having a audio analysis / commentary during the run by John along with someone like Jeremy Jones would really be awesome to accompany the video, and the customer could choose whether or not to mute out that audio portion of it if they wish. Perhaps / hopefully the logistics of getting that completed is what we are waiting on, and hopefully someone involved with this can give us some timeframe regarding this?

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just very curious if anyone knows when we'll have the opportunity to watch and purchase the 626 video? I understand whomever has the rights to it needs to make $ on the distribution of such a historic accomplishment, as of course does John. I assume they are figuring out the details/logistics of this, but I just hope it's not too long in happening. It would be a hot item right now, but as time passes, obviously not as much.

As a few have suggested here, having a audio analysis / commentary during the run by John along with someone like Jeremy Jones would really be awesome to accompany the video, and the customer could choose whether or not to mute out that audio portion of it if they wish. Perhaps / hopefully the logistics of getting that completed is what we are waiting on, and hopefully someone involved with this can give us some timeframe regarding this?

Since John made the "run", it would seem to me that John should be the one explaining it and letting the audience know why he picked a particular shot over another and what his intentions were before he made the shot.

What is the second announcer going to "analyze"?

Is that person going to "second guess" John's strategy?

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John said on his interview video the other day that the voice over and post-production would take a few days (remove background noise, etc) and give him time to put it all together. No mention of when anything would be avail however. He also mentioned there were more than a few serious offers to get the rights to the match on video so that is great for the game - and esp John. No matter what, it will be worth the wait.

~ K.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
i think this is his only shot to cash in on the whole thing and they will make it only available by purchase
id buy a professional dvd of it

just speculation of course on my part

1pocket

Steve Booth
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm ready to pre-order now lol.

I kind of like the idea of John with a few different guests -- like a 100 balls per guest. I mean about 4 hours is a fairly long time and I think a few different voices would add to the interest. Who of course depends on who was available and willing, and straight pool aficionados too. Appleton, Deuel, Ray Martin, and so on...

But I understand that complicates things for John, and also might cut into royalties lol.

In any case, I really look forward to watching it!!

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
I'd want him to take his time and make a high quality video.

I agree 100%. Mosconi's record stood for 65 years so there is no reason to rush into a half assed product. Done professionally it should make him some well deserved $$$$. After Willie rolled over a few times he probably thought, "Damn, I just stopped. I should have run a few hundred more!" Lol.

Congrats John, you da' man! :thumbup: