Your Top 3 Favorite Accustats Videos

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i think 5 or 6

You got me.

You were Desrving of the win and never giving in to pressure, Chris gives Mika his only loss
Chris Bartram (.846) defeats Mika Immonen (.857) 11-9

http://www.1vshop.com/Accu-Stats/st...6&PNAME=Chris+Bartram+vs.+Mika+Immonen*+(DVD)
349b-04lg.gif

DiamondGirl

Registered
I used to always be the accu-stats girl in Reno, at the Sands Regency. Back in the early 90's. I love Accu-Stats they were all a blast to work with and have fantastic product! Anyway that being said, I have loved any of the "player review" tapes/dvds because you get to hear what the actual thoughts and/or intentions of what pool player was looking to achieve, as opposed to another players speculations. A great learning tool.
I also enjoyed Pat Flemings Blooper tape, his first one. I was the statitician for one of the bloopers, it was Mike Massey playing Jimmy Mataya (I believe) and Mike took so long figuring out what to shoot that he actually picked up the cueball and moved it to a better location and shot, we were taping and knew it was a foul, and the commentators knew, but it was up to the opponent to call the foul, and we had to smother our laughter in order not to give it away.
Another tape that is a classic is called "Hill to Hill?! Anyway something like that and it is the last exciting game of multiple hill hill matches, featuring a variety of awesome talent.
I still have some copies of the matches I did stats for years ago and can read them to this day, and tell you what happened with the shot when they left the table throughout the match. Pat has devised an amazingly accurate system that you could use to evaluate your own games if you wished. I am one of the few that got to get paid to sweat and score the matches. After I would leave Reno I would count balls and do stats in my head for at least 2 weeks..lol:thumbup:
My name is Lisa Davids (D'Atri)
www.lisadavids.com

haahhahhaha
i dont watch the acc vids.
is 846 a good score?
i mean it i really dont know what a good number is.

I think .846 is a decent score for a pro. I think most top pros shoot .900 or higher most of the time. I've also seen some matches in the .700's.

I have never scored myself, but I don't think I have a shot at shooting .846!!!

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
I think .846 is a decent score for a pro. I think most top pros shoot .900 or higher most of the time. I've also seen some matches in the .700's.

I have never scored myself, but I don't think I have a shot at shooting .846!!!

yes i think it was 846 cause i did not make
balls on the break.
that does lower the number right?

DiamondGirl

Registered
You start out with 1000 points. A mark is made when you leave the table, noting why you left the table. So I would give you one error for break. That is how whole match is scored..balls made versus errors gives you your accustat number.
Notations are marked down for each player and why they left the table. So when I say I can recall matches from years ago, play by play, that recall comes from written notations..now that is what I call Accu-Stats..lol

You start out with 1000 points. A mark is made when you leave the table, noting why you left the table. So I would give you one error for break. That is how whole match is scored..balls made versus errors gives you your accustat number.
Notations are marked down for each player and why they left the table. So when I say I can recall matches from years ago, play by play, that recall comes from written notations..now that is what I call Accu-Stats..lol

Now that's pressure when someone is marking your every move! I probably wouldn't be able to make a ball.

DiamondGirl

Registered
actually I was not sitting with the players, I had my own tv and I watched the filming live and had headsets so that I could hear the commentating and run stats down to the commentators if they wanted them. The pressure was on me..I couldn't miss a thing and then I had to count and calculate fast and accurately as we were live. The players never saw me.
I had breaking errors
kicking errors
safety errors
position errors
balls missed
and balls pocketed
When the tournament was running the room is pretty quiet, but I wore headsets and heard the commentating from Grady, Buddy, Billy, and guests and they were sometimes hilarious and I kept bursting out in laughter which made people want to rent out headsets from pat to listen to live commentating while watching the event. Does Pat still do this? He always came up with inventive and inovative ways to grow and enjoy the sport that helps his wallet grow as well. He is amazing glad to see him in the hall of fame..woo hoo

Mr Hoppe

Sawdust maker
Silver Member
Admittedly not AccuStats, but the TAR Action Challenge 3 10-ball race to 100 between SVB and Alex P contains some of the most ridiculous pool I have ever seen. In addition, the match contains a momentum shift like it was scripted in Hollywood. 11 DVDs, and WELL worth the price IMO.

On a related note, SVB and Earl are playing a race to 100 next month.

DJKeys

Sound Design
Silver Member
Straight Pool

What are your most memorable matches you've ever seen on accustats? They dont have to be recent.

Oliver Ortman and Jim Rempe, 2000 US Open, runs of 129 and 96 in the same match. Rempes gets numerous bad rolls at during the run and still recovers.

Ralf Soquet and Efren Reyes, Ralf has a 120 ball run that is poetry.

Mike Sigel vs Mike Zuglan, 150 Ball run.

Zbotiman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Check it Out

actually I was not sitting with the players, I had my own tv and I watched the filming live and had headsets so that I could hear the commentating and run stats down to the commentators if they wanted them. The pressure was on me..I couldn't miss a thing and then I had to count and calculate fast and accurately as we were live. The players never saw me.
I had breaking errors
kicking errors
safety errors
position errors
balls missed
and balls pocketed
When the tournament was running the room is pretty quiet, but I wore headsets and heard the commentating from Grady, Buddy, Billy, and guests and they were sometimes hilarious and I kept bursting out in laughter which made people want to rent out headsets from pat to listen to live commentating while watching the event. Does Pat still do this? He always came up with inventive and inovative ways to grow and enjoy the sport that helps his wallet grow as well. He is amazing glad to see him in the hall of fame..woo hoo
.....Accu-Stats does rent headphones so you can hear the LIVE broadcast at the Arena. Now we have re-chargeable batteries for them so you don't loose power in the middle of a match.But all in all, your probably going to see a few new things in the overhead camera rig from the time you worked for them. There are now 2 fixed remote operated cameras(2 and 3) along with the overhead camera(4), tele-strater (5), as well as camera 1, the boom camera, the backbone for all our main table shots.

Another thing that's new is the Accu-Stats Arena. Now, there is a portable set for filming the matches with inside the arena advertising, specific to each event.

Barry Behrman has the Masters Tournament coming up on March 1-5 and Accu-Stats will be doing Live streaming. Though perhaps, it's on the wrong side of the country to attend, you can still tune in to the live broadcast and have some fun with that, I'll bet.

Great enthusiasm, by the way! Pro Pool still needs a LOT more folks like you around.:thumbup2:

McKinneyMiner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bartram vs mika 09 us open i think it was.

I own that one Chris... :)

You played great...

I loved how Danny and Wyche kept expecting Mika to come back and get you and when it became apparent he was in a total dog fight they started talking you up...

beav99_4life

BPT Champion
Silver Member
I don't watch Accu-stats much and haven't seen many, but the DCC one pocket match between Efren and Billy Palmer from 6 or 7 years ago was awesome to watch. I had never really heard of Billy, but damn can that man play. It was impressive to watch.