Sad News...

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
My condolences to Joe Calnan's family and friends. I never met Joe, but after all of the wonderful posts in his honor, a rep point goes out to him....

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
Sad news indeed. I exchanged a few PM's with Joe about cues he had for sale, my condolences to the family and friends.

Dave

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
oh my, i just saw this thread
joe got a cue from me recently
for some reason, i thought he was a much younger person
the internet is so impersonal :(
may i ask what was the cause of death????
all my sympathies to your family
brent

ncpoolnut

Registered
As soon as I know what the corner rules of what happened I will let you all know. We think it was a heart attack. But we haven't been told yet.
Thank you to everyone for the kind words and well wishes.
I will post more when I know more. Thanks for being understanding and
patient with me..I leave for NC tomorrow. I am in constant contact with
our daughter and she is doing as well as can be expected. I have kept her posted on what everyone has been saying..

Again thank you to everyone.

Norma Calnan

worriedbeef

The Voice of Reason
Silver Member
very sorry to hear this.

he was a valuable contributor to the forum. I bought a cue off him and he seemed like a top bloke.

condolances.

ncpoolnut

Registered
Here is the information on the memorial service we are having for Joe.

The memorial service will be at

Lambeth Troxler Funeral Home
300 W Wendover Ave
Greensboro, NC 27408

The service is going to be at 2pm Friday October 12 2007.

Lambeth Troxler Funeral Home is in charge of cremation.

In lieu of Flowers we are asking that donations be made
to Victory Junction Gang in the memory of Joe Calnan Jr.
Their web site is victoryjunction.org. Donations can be made
on the web site.

Thank you to everyone that has posted kind words about
Joe. I will make sure that our daughter reads all the posts
you have all written.

Thank you
Norma

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Norma, I am so saddened to see this thread and hear of Joe's passing. He was a wonderful guy and a long time contributor to this board. Please know that the pool community will miss him terribly. Please know that many pool players around this country and elsewhere are thinking about you all right now. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family at this tragic time. God bless.

Sean

akaTrigger

Hi!
Silver Member
Sorry For Your Loss

Joe will be sorely missed and we are all sorry for you loss and will be thinking of Joe, you and your family for a long time.

ncpoolnut

Registered
This is Callie and Norma. We are preparing for daddys services tomorrow. I would like to thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers. I know that my daddy is a very special person who touched alot of people. The last year has been priceless. I know now that there is a reason GOD chose to take my daddy away and although I may not understand why he was taken away so early I am able to know that my daddy is in a better place and will always be watching over all of us. Correcting our shots making one for opening and even keeping a close eye on his grandaughter making sure Queeny feels loved. I am happy to know that my daddy made a great presence in many peoples lives and please stay in touch.

Rest in peace daddy and I love you................................

Callie "Daddys Little Girl"
&
Norma

ncpoolnut

Registered
Thank you to everyone that has posted here and on the thread I started last week. Its been a hard week for us all but we know that Joe is in a better place.
Eydie thank you so very much for all your kindness. You have no idea what it means to me. I promise to keep in touch with you.
Joe was a great person to alot of people. And I know from what everyone has posted on here how much he was liked.
Pool was one of his favorite things to do. His other favorites were golfing and riding his harley with our son in law..
Again thank you to everyone for all your kindness..
We miss him so much..
Thank you
Norma