Has streaming caused you to play less?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been going to the pool room less and less the past few years. However, my mind is still very much in the game. I attribute a lot of this to streaming.

Its so easy to stay home and watch top players, rather than go in person to the pool room. Hell, even when there is a regional event in my city with top local talent and some pros, I watch it from home. I get my pool fix now from my computer.

Has streaming caused anyone else to frequent the halls less?

I want to hear from the general community, not the streamers, as they are biased of course.

Thanks

Frankenstroke

2 Gus Szamboti cues
Silver Member
Actually, I'd say I play more due to streaming. I makes me want to get out and play more or to watch some pro action in person.

Like last night, after following the US open all weekend, I drove to Red Shoes in Chicago to sweat the action.

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK, yeah-but....

Yes, but due to watching so much streaming-I am so much more an 'in-crowd' member that my poolroom bullshitting has gone up two balls.

So, it all works out.:rolleyes:

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually I play more because of streams. I do all my practicing here at home. When the US Open was on this week, I would run down to my table between matches to set up situations I just watched on the stream.

Actually I play every day, and check AZB daily for any streams going on that nite for something to watch. Streaming is the coolest thing to happen to pool since "SNAP" magazine back in the day. Many of you all might not remember what it was like back 20 years ago before the net....We used to call the other pool rooms in our area to get caught up in the latest news of what was going on.

The highest tech thing was having one of those GIANT bag phones in your car and being able to hit the road and find action.......not bad except the calls cost about $10 a minute! :)

G.

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
No.... It has caused me to watch less T.V. Not that I watched much T.V. to begin with. I only watch football on the TV, streaming has cut in to my football watching time.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
NO.! After watching a good match... I'm off to the maddening crowds for some competition.

Streaming is a "broadcasted event" & I'm glad for that. Lots to see & maybe even something to be learned