Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page BCA Open team from TAIWAN disqualified?
Page 13 of 21 « First 3111213 1415 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#181)
watchez
What time is it?
watchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5625

05-30-2012, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadie View Post
If memory serves me in recent years the British have also sent super teams that swept the open divisions. Open to correction of course.
Britain swept Master and Grand Master single titles. Mick Hill, Karl Boyles, Darren Appleton.

They got second in Men's Master Team.

Watchez Is The Teacher ô

Those who dance are always laughed at by those who don't even hear the f'in music - George Carlin RIP

Old
  (#182)
cardiac kid
Super Senior Member
cardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700
  Send a message via Yahoo to cardiac kid  
05-30-2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchez View Post
And this is a virtual world now -- doesn't matter if Henderson is 10 miles away or 10,000 miles away. I doubt Bill Stock is showing up at the Cue Club to see what is going on at league night.
Wouldn't care to make a major wager on that would you? We probably get more scrutiny than any other league in the entire system.

Quote:
And I'll say this for the third time -- since you didn't digest it the first two times - this is what I view from a 10 minute look thru of the players/teams. Like jwilliams said, beyond not paying a few players this year, it all leads to a slippery slope.
The slope has been slippery for way too many years already. It appears what we have now will be all there is into the future. Not going to argue. Its all verbal masterbation anyway!

Lyn

Old
  (#183)
dogginda9
I need a vacation.
dogginda9 has a reputation beyond reputedogginda9 has a reputation beyond reputedogginda9 has a reputation beyond reputedogginda9 has a reputation beyond reputedogginda9 has a reputation beyond reputedogginda9 has a reputation beyond reputedogginda9 has a reputation beyond reputedogginda9 has a reputation beyond reputedogginda9 has a reputation beyond reputedogginda9 has a reputation beyond reputedogginda9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-30-2012, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
Up to this point, I've kept quiet on this and am patiently waiting for Mark Griffin's official response...

I would however ask that Mark think very carefully about the precedent he could possibly be setting here in regards to being able to deny players money after they had been confirmed that they were "ok" to compete in the open division and were then allowed to play in the event all the way to completion, only to then be told they would not be paid.

This is a very slippery slope to start down...
Very much agreed with this post.

"Who witnessed your 311 a plant in the corner?" John Schmidt

Old
  (#184)
watchez
What time is it?
watchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond repute

05-30-2012, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiac kid View Post
Wouldn't care to make a major wager on that would you? We probably get more scrutiny than any other league in the entire system.

Lyn
What is the BCAPL requirement for the same players not being allowed to be on the same team again for additional years? How high do you have to finish before that is not allowed?

Watchez Is The Teacher ô

Those who dance are always laughed at by those who don't even hear the f'in music - George Carlin RIP

Old
  (#185)
stuckart
Paint Dry Watching Champ
stuckart has a reputation beyond reputestuckart has a reputation beyond reputestuckart has a reputation beyond reputestuckart has a reputation beyond reputestuckart has a reputation beyond reputestuckart has a reputation beyond reputestuckart has a reputation beyond reputestuckart has a reputation beyond reputestuckart has a reputation beyond reputestuckart has a reputation beyond reputestuckart has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 200

05-30-2012, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Griffin View Post
Lyn,

As Watchez stated, the only players that will probably be affected by this whole situation is the payers that got beat by th two players.

Sorry - that did not include you.

Congrats on your very high finish and graduation.

Mark Griffin
Only the 2 players, not the 3rd?

Twitter: #AZPoolScene
Arizona's #1 Source for Arizona Pool News
http://www.azpoolscene.com

Old
  (#186)
stuckart
Paint Dry Watching Champ
stuckart has a reputation beyond reputestuckart has a reputation beyond reputestuckart has a reputation beyond reputestuckart has a reputation beyond reputestuckart has a reputation beyond reputestuckart has a reputation beyond reputestuckart has a reputation beyond reputestuckart has a reputation beyond reputestuckart has a reputation beyond reputestuckart has a reputation beyond reputestuckart has a reputation beyond repute

05-30-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
What is the BCAPL requirement for the same players not being allowed to be on the same team again for additional years? How high do you have to finish before that is not allowed?
I don't believe that rule applies any longer. I think it went away with the creation of "Team Master" a few years ago, and then ultimately with the "Advanced" division.

The requirement now is just that you have 3 original players that qualified together on the same team in League (8+ weeks) and that 4 out of your 5 players must be "OPEN" status. No Masters or Grand Masters and you CAN have 1 "Advanced" player.

So a team of 5 players can stay together year after year as long as they fulfill the requirements.

I could be wrong, but I didn't see this clause in the rules any longer....

Old
  (#187)
watchez
What time is it?

05-30-2012, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckart View Post
I don't believe that rule applies any longer. I think it went away with the creation of "Team Master" a few years ago, and then ultimately with the "Advanced" division.

The requirement now is just that you have 3 original players that qualified together on the same team in League (8+ weeks) and that 4 out of your 5 players must be "OPEN" status. No Masters or Grand Masters and you CAN have 1 "Advanced" player.

So a team of 5 players can stay together year after year as long as they fulfill the requirements.

I could be wrong, but I didn't see this clause in the rules any longer....
Then I can't believe more teams that placed high in 2010 or prior haven't taken advantage of that change like the Las Vegas team did. I guess they will soon figure it out

Watchez Is The Teacher ô

Old
  (#188)
cardiac kid
Super Senior Member
cardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond repute

05-30-2012, 09:27 AM

Quote:
THIS years requirement for an Open Team is two players from the original "weekly" team. Those two players MUST play every round. Only one player of the ten allowed rostered players may be an Advanced player. Those are the basic requirements.

As I have now "graduated" to the Masters as Mr. Griffin stated, I can no longer play with my team. The rest of the players on the team who did not "graduate" to a higher level can continue on and reform a new Mixed Open Team. Who knows what next years (2013) requirements will be. My plans are to try to form an Advanced Team from the league. One Master and up to three Advanced players. We'll see!

Lyn

Old
  (#189)
Duane Tuula
AzB Silver Member
Duane Tuula has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Tuula has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Tuula has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Tuula has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Tuula has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Tuula has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Tuula has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Tuula has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Tuula has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Tuula has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Tuula has a reputation beyond repute

05-30-2012, 09:33 AM

If if's and buts were candy & nuts... you get the idea!

The tourney is over. They were allowed to compete & complete the tourney. Pay the men and move on. Make some new adjustments if needed.

This is not the first time a really, really strong player has competed in the open division and won. And there are still a group of simply really strong players that are eligible for the open division again next year.

Old
  (#190)
akaTrigger
Hi!
akaTrigger has a reputation beyond reputeakaTrigger has a reputation beyond reputeakaTrigger has a reputation beyond reputeakaTrigger has a reputation beyond reputeakaTrigger has a reputation beyond reputeakaTrigger has a reputation beyond reputeakaTrigger has a reputation beyond reputeakaTrigger has a reputation beyond reputeakaTrigger has a reputation beyond reputeakaTrigger has a reputation beyond reputeakaTrigger has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 475

05-30-2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:
There are no Team Masters anymore.

According to the BCA website:

If a team places:

Top 16 Menís Mixed Open Team

Top 4 Womenís Open Team

Top 4% Menís Mixed Advanced Teams

Then the players who finish as listed above in the Teams Divisions
will be moved to Advanced status. Players may petition to be lowered back to Open status based on their history in singles play or known ability.

A Bill Stock told me for my women's team that next year it cannot consist of more than TWO of the original team members because we placed in the top 4. I don't know what the ruling is for the guys team, b/c they can have 5 members play at a time (for the women's team it's only 4). I presume it's either 2 or 3.

Read my Pool Blog

akaTrigger FaceBook FanPage

Old
  (#191)
cardiac kid
Super Senior Member

05-30-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Then I can't believe more teams that placed high in 2010 or prior haven't taken advantage of that change like the Las Vegas team did. I guess they will soon figure it out
What makes you think they already haven't? How much of a factor is the draw? How would we have felt if the Tiawanese were allowed to play in the Mixed Open as entered? After watching them play in the Advanced Teams event, doubt if we would have beaten them!

I look at it the same way NASCAR crew chiefs do. They read the rules. They then interpret the rules and build a chassis to the rules. When the rule makers tell them the chassis and body parts don't meet their interpretation of the rules, they change the parts. Is it cheating? Is it just creativity? I've made this point for years. Guess people are finally starting to understand.

Lyn

Old
  (#192)
klockdoc
ughhhhhhhhhh
klockdoc has a reputation beyond reputeklockdoc has a reputation beyond reputeklockdoc has a reputation beyond reputeklockdoc has a reputation beyond reputeklockdoc has a reputation beyond reputeklockdoc has a reputation beyond reputeklockdoc has a reputation beyond reputeklockdoc has a reputation beyond reputeklockdoc has a reputation beyond reputeklockdoc has a reputation beyond reputeklockdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to klockdoc Send a message via Yahoo to klockdoc  
05-30-2012, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCIN View Post
You keep referring to "opening boxes" like all Mark had to do was unpack a suitcase. I can understand that if you don't really know what actually happens every May at his office.

They tear down almost the whole office and move it a hotel for two weeks. Almost everything that is needed to run the whole office gets packed up trucked over, set up and used for two weeks. I would guess the staff averages fourteen hour days for those two weeks. Then after all that is finished they have to tear everything down, truck it back to the office, unpack everything, find all the stuff that goes with other stuff to make it work and set everything back up. I am talking pallet loads full of stuff. Its not a laptop and printer. I saw one pallet full of nothing but paperwork waiting to be loaded.

So next time you are in your home imagine packing everything up....moving it across the street, working twelve to sixteen hours a day dealing with thousands of of people who come to Vegas to drink and party with some pool thrown in...then moving it all back again and setting everything up to get back to running a 60,000 or so member league. Mark's not pulling your leg man. They have a lot of stuff to get straight after these things.

I have no clue what the final statement will say but I am 100% positive some will agree, some will hate it, most won't really care and several will make it into a conspiracy rivaled only by controlled demolitions and shooters on the grassy knoll.
I was only referring to "opening boxes" because that is what Mark stated in his earlier post. Again, it was only to "bump" the thread into the forefront, not to discredit his actions.

Besides, the need to "open boxes" wasn't even required as Mark was personally involved in this decision and has knowledge of what transpired.

I worked for APA for 7 years in Vegas. I know what takes place in the transfer of the home office to the site.

Now others do also.

---klockdoc--

"Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak." Larry the Cable Guy

"Always give your best, never get discouraged, never be petty; always remember, others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them, and then you destroy yourself".
Richard Nixon, from his WH farewell address, August 9, 1974

Old
  (#193)
stuckart
Paint Dry Watching Champ

05-30-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaTrigger View Post
There are no Team Masters anymore.

According to the BCA website:

If a team places:

Top 16 Menís Mixed Open Team

Top 4 Womenís Open Team

Top 4% Menís Mixed Advanced Teams

Then the players who finish as listed above in the Teams Divisions
will be moved to Advanced status. Players may petition to be lowered back to Open status based on their history in singles play or known ability.

A Bill Stock told me for my women's team that next year it cannot consist of more than TWO of the original team members because we placed in the top 4. I don't know what the ruling is for the guys team, b/c they can have 5 members play at a time (for the women's team it's only 4). I presume it's either 2 or 3.
You might want to find out exactly if all of the ladies will indeed be moved up to Advanced, because last year teams of players didn't get moved up if they competed in Singles and didn't break the threshold.

Old
  (#194)
Marie's husband
Cue It Up Promotions
Marie's husband has a reputation beyond reputeMarie's husband has a reputation beyond reputeMarie's husband has a reputation beyond reputeMarie's husband has a reputation beyond reputeMarie's husband has a reputation beyond reputeMarie's husband has a reputation beyond reputeMarie's husband has a reputation beyond reputeMarie's husband has a reputation beyond reputeMarie's husband has a reputation beyond reputeMarie's husband has a reputation beyond reputeMarie's husband has a reputation beyond repute

05-30-2012, 10:27 AM

Some people are bringing up the history of how top players have won the the open division. Well, wasnt that all supposed to change after the 2010 Nationals with the press releases adding the Advanced Division and Adding the "known ability" clause. Also it added that listed State Masters are going to be considered Master and/or Advanced players for Nationals depending on there previouse tournament results.

I would like to make a suggestion to the BCAPL. The CTS system tracks the history of tournaments and generates a database for a specific person or league number. Wouldnt it be easy to verify the Masters and Advanced players list for Nationals if all State and Regional tournaments were required to use the CTS tournament program for all state and regional BCAPL tournaments?

Im not saying that will remove the requirement of having an Advanced/Masters list by doing that, but it can be a tool used to verify and accurately update the list.

Old
  (#195)
klockdoc
ughhhhhhhhhh
klockdoc has a reputation beyond reputeklockdoc has a reputation beyond reputeklockdoc has a reputation beyond reputeklockdoc has a reputation beyond reputeklockdoc has a reputation beyond reputeklockdoc has a reputation beyond reputeklockdoc has a reputation beyond reputeklockdoc has a reputation beyond reputeklockdoc has a reputation beyond reputeklockdoc has a reputation beyond reputeklockdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to klockdoc Send a message via Yahoo to klockdoc  
05-30-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane Tuula View Post
If if's and buts were candy & nuts... you get the idea!

The tourney is over. They were allowed to compete & complete the tourney. Pay the men and move on. Make some new adjustments if needed.

This is not the first time a really, really strong player has competed in the open division and won. And there are still a group of simply really strong players that are eligible for the open division again next year.
Good post, Duane.

I think I was questioned about my ability to play in your tournaments before.

I wrote you an email and asked if I was eligible, you said you would "check it out" and let me know.

You did your background check and confirmed that I was allowed to play.

I still haven't made the trip, however, I appreciate your decision allowing me to play. It saves a lot of time and possible wasted money if I didn't check first....drove all the way there....only to find out that I wasn't allowed to play in the level of tournament that I applied for.

But...let me ask you something. After checking my level of play, I entered your tournament and won! Would you still pay me?

---klockdoc--

"Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak." Larry the Cable Guy

"Always give your best, never get discouraged, never be petty; always remember, others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them, and then you destroy yourself".
Richard Nixon, from his WH farewell address, August 9, 1974

Page 13 of 21 « First 3111213 1415 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: