Pat Diveney Cue - great person and craftsmanship!

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Four weeks ago I had the pleasure of meeting Pat Diveney and spending some time in his shop. Was in the area and had called ahead. Unfortunately because of family commitments I only had about 90 minutes - could have talked all day. What a nice guy, and so knowledgeable. Wish I'd had another hour or more just to look over all the incredible butts/shafts/cues/wood, etc. He showed me some really cool creations. I didn't really have any set intention of buying anything, but he happened to have a nice butt on hand made of kielwood with some really interesting orange tint to what I think is cocobolo and then we started talking about a kielwood shaft and he had some time to get it done in about two weeks since it was pretty much waiting for a home and there you go. I've attached a picture which doesn't do it justice because of the lighting. Assembled, the colors of the kielwood are pretty consistent from butt to shaft which creates a uniform and dark but really interesting look to me. It is a joy to use and just feels really solid. Anyway, thought he deserved a shout out and a pic on here, though he's well known here for sure. Glad to have a treasure like him in Iowa - had I not joined here would have never known.

fullsizeoutput_ac2.jpg

Last edited:

Rimfirejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a 60” cocobolo and Birdseye I really regret selling. I’d like another but I need to sell cues not buy.

StuartTKelley

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pat makes an awesome hitting playing cue as well as a cue that is beautiful to behold. I've been playing with a standard maple shaft from Pat for a long time and it's been one of the best shafts I've hit with other than my Josey Timeless Timber and standard Josey shafts.