Smoky Mountain 9 Ball Tourny

TNKen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was there last night. Janet Atwell won the ladies event on Friday.

Mens' tourney still going. Shannon Daulton was in the quarter finals on the winner's side, and I think Larry Nevel was in the quarter finals as well.

Tony Watson was put into the losers side by Landon Shufflett (Stan Shufflett's son). Shufflett then moved in to face Shannon Daulton. Kid was with him until about 4-3. Shannon took a smoke break, came back and took care of business.

Neat tourney. Will add a few pics

Landon Shufflett

IMG_2496.jpg

Pocketing the 9

IMG_2572.jpg

IMG_2574.jpg

Congrats from Janet Atwell

IMG_2591.jpg

Tony Watson

IMG_2507.jpg

IMG_2529.jpg

IMG_2497.jpg

Last edited:

Matt90

Trust the Process
Silver Member
good pictures !!

Thank you . Wish I would of drove up .Always a good tournament .Looks like a good turn out for spectators too .

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
LOL, those are my cues. I don't know when you snapped that but I figured I would put a name with a pic.:smile:

TNKen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Haha. Was watching Tony Watson and Landon. Trying to get some light readings. I think you had just finished, broken them down, and walked over to get your case.

Just thought it was a good shot.

What is the shooting cue? The butterflies look like my Al Bautista.

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
Haha. Was watching Tony Watson and Landon. Trying to get some light readings. I think you had just finished, broken them down, and walked over to get your case.

Just thought it was a good shot.

What is the shooting cue? The butterflies look like my Al Bautista.

Andy Gilbert made both of them.

You must have been sitting right behind our table because the girl in the white shirt was on the table to our right. I had just finished playing Lee Young.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TNKen,
Thanks for posting some SMOKY MT SHOOTOUT tourney pics. I really liked the series of pics of Landon from his match with Tony Watson.
My wife, Connie, enjoyed them as well.
Stan Shuffett

TNKen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
KTown, I've got a bunch more. Will go back and look to see if I have any of you in action.

PhilMul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know the score of the Landon Shuffet vs. Tony Watson match? I was there getting my butt kicked by "Petey" on table 9 and didn't catch the match. I have been hearing a few different stories of how the match went down and I am confused and want to know the facts. Thanks guys.

TNKen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
9 to something. I think it was 4. May have been 3. Landon went up 5-0, Tony came back and got a couple, Landon went on a tear and went out.

PhilMul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
9 to something. I think it was 4. May have been 3. Landon went up 5-0, Tony came back and got a couple, Landon went on a tear and went out.
Thanks, this is the story I heard as well.

BTW, who is "Petey"? I think he is in his late sixties and breaks so hard it hurts my ears. When I played him, I won the flip, got the break, ran 2 and then got out a shape and had to play safe. I locked him up good. He kicked himself out of jail and made a ball and then ran 5. By the time I saw daylight, it was 7-3. This fellow really tore me a new one. LOL! Nice guy though.

TNKen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Talked to Janet about Landon's match. She remembers better than I do.

Landon went up 7-0. Tony took the next 5. Landon got back to the table and took the last 2. Final score 9-5 Landon.

After Landon won the second match I think, Tony jumps up, walks out while Landon is racking. Tony comes back, trips going over the rail, and falls almost hitting his head on the table. What he missed while he was out smoking, was Landon snapping one off on the break. Tony comes back, sees Landon racking, looks perplexed, then looks up at the wire and just shakes his head. Never asked what happened. One of those, damn, what happened moments.