Most memorable shot(s) you ever made

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was playing Danny Matthews for about $200
In his early days he had been a hustler at the cotton bowling palace,gave me the 5 at 6 ball and
robbed me

Now in his advanced age and mine he could no longer play
He was asking for unreal weight,i gave him the 8

now i was free stroking because he was missing everything

Here comes the shot,I missed shape and snookered myself behind the 8 ball and the 7 was about a foot from the short side corner pocket

I didn't have a shot or the sense to kick at it,I never played anything but one hole and I had only seen other guys jump.

i decided to jump the 8 ball to hit the 7

Well I jacked up and came down hard on the side of the cue ball

it didn't jump,but it deflected about 4 inches with speed,curved about 90 degrees went over and cut the 7 in the hole ,hit the 9 and left me with a hanger

I was astonished ,Danny was speechless,some sweater says"if you have to make shots like that to win,good luck"

Everyone laughed,Danny jacked the bet and $20,000 later ,we sat down for a burger

He said"I didn't know you played that good"

His friend says"they all do when you can't make a ball"

We agreed

jrhendy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"JUST LAST WEEK.....
Playing golf 5x10 VERY TIGHT POCKETS SNOOKER TABLE-We use standard pool balls too:(
My ball tight against side rail-approx. 2 inches away from the 3 hole-my hole-cue ball approx. 4 feet away towards head rail about 4 inches off of same side rail as my ball-
"I cross-banked my ball to other side of the table-PAST THE OPPOSITE SIDE POCKET AND MY BALL REVERSED-Went right into the side hole I was shooting for- ALA EFREN :)

A couple years ago at California Billiards at the West Coast Swing, we got a six handed $20/2 golf game going on one of the two 6 x 12 snooker tables they have there. We play double on sellout and there were lots of hickeys and I was going for out playing behind Ed Ames. All the balls were on the table and Ed confidently said he had played a great safety. I looked at it and told Ed the shot laid perfect for a long three railer weaving in and out between a few balls.

I was right! Swish and $96 charge to Ed and $200+ for yours truly.

There was a pool room in a San Bernardino, CA years ago that used regular pool balls in the golf game on the 6 x 12. There also was a room in Salt Lake called the Farmers Daughter that had a couple 6 x 12’s that also used the big balls. I believe the extra weight of the balls helps them play with less roll off.

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Years ago my main opponent and I played a game of straight pool to 1000
over a thanksgiving weekend. I had a spot shot with the score 999 to
991 for the winner. Most pressure I ever had. Slow rolled it in, probably the best shot I ever made. Table was my 41/2 by 9 Brunswick regina, so I was home.

dardusm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was playing Roberto "Superman" Gomez in a bar table tournament in Cape Girardeau MO. I pushed after the break in 9 ball to a jump shot on the 1. I was trying to to play a carom of the 1 off another ball into the 9. Roberto gave it back and I proceeded to hit the jump/carom/combo into the 9 to win the game. I couldn't help myself and I told Roberto "and they call you Superman :smile:). Of course, I lost the match 9 to 5 but the shot was memorable.