Who decides????

Status
Not open for further replies.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
If my desire to change this industry we all work in....for the better, makes me a bully...then so be it. At least I have the balls to stand up and do something about it...instead of sitting back crying about the "hack's" that take my work away from me...and that they don't have a business license, they don't have insurance....and all the other BS you'd like to stop them with....bottom line....they got paid money you DIDN'T get paid....because you're doing nothing to place demands on this industry...in order to improve it. You think the ABIA is the answer?....good luck.

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
If my desire to change this industry we all work in....for the better, makes me a bully...then so be it. At least I have the balls to stand up and do something about it...instead of sitting back crying about the "hack's" that take my work away from me...and that they don't have a business license, they don't have insurance....and all the other BS you'd like to stop them with....bottom line....they got paid money you DIDN'T get paid....because you're doing nothing to place demands on this industry...in order to improve it. You think the ABIA is the answer?....good luck.

I got tired of waiting on you. talk talk talk

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I got tired of waiting on you. talk talk talk

Sorry Pat...I can only do so many things at a time. I've only been waiting on this Diamond billiards table....for the last 10 years...and now it's finished. I'd call that dedication to my goals...what would you call it....a waste of time?...Kind of like changing the way the Diamond tables play...been on my list for a very long time....but that's been accomplished as well. Want to know what else is on my list of things to accomplish?

The Turk

A Level Above Pool Tables
Silver Member
Bob, I'm a Viet Nam vet, served 9 years in the Army, last 3 with the Rangers...yes, I to have courage, now what does that have to do with confidants? Confidants is what I'm talking about, in order to get others to believe in you...YOU must first believe in yourself...and take that belief and SHOW it to others...that they might too believe in you. But to stand back and be silent and hope for the work...hope you get called instead of a hack...that's where you're wrong. Ask Mark...I told him the SAME thing too!

If you want to be known as a great mechanic....then YOU have to do something about it...besides just doing the work...that's GREAT...but not enough! And Bob...I TOO play pool, and very well I might add;) so just to let you know, I can also tell if a table plays right or not...AND...have been able to tell that looooooong before you were ever working on tables;) but I do believe that any great table mechanic...will hit the exact same playing conditions on a finished table...no different than any other great table mechanic. I guarantee you, Mark don't rebuild tables any better than I do...and I don't rebuild them any better than he does, and if you're rebuilding them right...then neither one of us has anything on you.

So, once again...why all this...instead of just calling me?

Glenn if I remember correctly you are 53. hmmmm?

Glen,
I think the bottom line here is you are full of shit, you go here on talking about unifying mechanics, and bettering the industry. Meanwhile you are the one shooting videos to be mass produced and sold to people looking to recover there tables without using us, the mechanics. You have posted more pictures, tutorials, etc. on this forum to turn any hack with half a damn brain into a decent mechanic. For christ sake you have a sticky for leveling slate, and before you say "I purposely left things out" don't waste your breath we have all heard it before. You have time and time again shot down innovation and new ideas in this forum if they weren't your own. How often do we see OTLB anymore because you always have some snarky remark about something he did.

As much as you help you hinder, while I know some people will jump on here and literally jump in front of a bus for you. The other, free thinkers, know that half the shit you say is simply you wanting to here the sound of your own voice.

This whole thread has been a very long time coming, and let's face it THEY ARE JUST POOL TABLES, we don't need to hop on top of mountains screaming we are the best thing in the universe, it makes you look like an ass to some, and to others they believe everything you said. I wouldn't put it passed you to say you built a time machine, went back in time, and actually created the game of Billiards.

Bottom line, I can make more money spending 4 days moving 8 pool tables than I can on one sub rail extension that takes me 5 days and tons of money to perfect.

The Turk

Silver Member
New subject? Being a former Marine and remembering a few things from history class, I am curious. Congress prohibited use of American Military after August 15, 1973. That is a fact. Glenn graduated from Kent Merridian highschool in 1974. I am no math genius but, hmmmmmm? This graduation date is from Glenns own facebook page. Glenn do you have a dd214. Another thing that don't add up. I hope you can prove me wrong.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
New subject? Being a former Marine and remembering a few things from history class, I am curious. Congress prohibited use of American Military after August 15, 1973. That is a fact. Glenn graduated from Kent Merridian highschool in 1974. I am no math genius but, hmmmmmm? This graduation date is from Glenns own facebook page. Glenn do you have a dd214. Another thing that don't add up. I hope you can prove me wrong.

Bob...check your history, Viet Nam wasn't officially over until June 1975 buddy:rolleyes: anyone who served in the military before that date served as a Viet Nam era veteran....I'm older than 53...and joined March 13th, 1974 buddy...Viet Nam era veteran...or am I wrong? My first unit was 1st of the 8th Cav, Air Mobile, 1st Cav Div, Ft. Hood, TX.....anything else you'd like to know? And I took, and passed a GED test so I could join the Army at 17:rolleyes:...keep trying!! I got out May 20th, 1983...how long did I serve?...vs how long did YOU serve?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Glen,
I think the bottom line here is you are full of shit, you go here on talking about unifying mechanics, and bettering the industry. Meanwhile you are the one shooting videos to be mass produced and sold to people looking to recover there tables without using us, the mechanics. You have posted more pictures, tutorials, etc. on this forum to turn any hack with half a damn brain into a decent mechanic. For christ sake you have a sticky for leveling slate, and before you say "I purposely left things out" don't waste your breath we have all heard it before. You have time and time again shot down innovation and new ideas in this forum if they weren't your own. How often do we see OTLB anymore because you always have some snarky remark about something he did.

As much as you help you hinder, while I know some people will jump on here and literally jump in front of a bus for you. The other, free thinkers, know that half the shit you say is simply you wanting to here the sound of your own voice.

This whole thread has been a very long time coming, and let's face it THEY ARE JUST POOL TABLES, we don't need to hop on top of mountains screaming we are the best thing in the universe, it makes you look like an ass to some, and to others they believe everything you said. I wouldn't put it passed you to say you built a time machine, went back in time, and actually created the game of Billiards.

Bottom line, I can make more money spending 4 days moving 8 pool tables than I can on one sub rail extension that takes me 5 days and tons of money to perfect.

Hmmmm...didn't want to use your regular screen name...wow, what BIG balls you have...what a chickenshit to create a screen name just for this purpose....being your new....first post and all.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Glen,

Been band before?

The Turk

Silver Member
Bob...check your history, Viet Nam wasn't officially over until June 1975 buddy:rolleyes: anyone who served in the military before that date served as a Viet Nam era veteran....I'm older than 53...and joined March 13th, 1974 buddy...Viet Nam era veteran...or am I wrong? My first unit was 1st of the 8th Cav, Air Mobile, 1st Cav Div, Ft. Hood, TX.....anything else you'd like to know? And I took, and passed a GED test so I could join the Army at 17:rolleyes:...keep trying!! I got out May 20th, 1983...how long did I serve?...vs how long did YOU serve?

Glenn your own face book page says you graduated. so which is it? By the way the date the Vietnam War ended was April 30 1975. Fact!

realkingcobra

Silver Member

I have no need for my personnel records Bob, as I served over 9 years straight active duty...so I had no inactive reserve to serve once I reached my ETS date:rolleyes:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Glenn your own face book page says you graduated. so which is it? By the way the date the Vietnam War ended was April 30 1975. Fact!

Did you read the date I joined the Army...and that I had to have a GED at 17 to get in? You're giving history lessons to someone who was serving active duty at that time frame....were you even born yet at that time?

29 Apr 75 - Last American soldier killed in Vietnam (the first was 8 Jul 59) The official American presence in Saigon ends when the last Americans are evacuated by helicopter from the US Embassy roof. Within hours the Saigon government surrenders to the VC

magnetardo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone else want to get on this bandwagon with Bob & Pat?

Might as well, I'm bored. Here's a couple dates for you.

January 27, 1973 - The last American soldier to die in combat in Vietnam, Lt. Col. William B. Nolde, is killed.

March 29, 1973 - The last remaining American troops withdraw from Vietnam as President Nixon declares "the day we have all worked and prayed for has finally come."
America's longest war, and its first defeat, thus concludes. During 15 years of military involvement, over 2 million Americans served in Vietnam with 500,000 seeing actual combat. 47,244 were killed in action, including 8000 airmen. There were 10,446 non-combat deaths. 153,329 were seriously wounded, including 10,000 amputees. Over 2400 American POWs/MIAs were unaccounted for as of 1973.

April 1, 1973 - Captain Robert White, the last known American POW is released.

P.S. Nixon withdrew the troops from Vietnam and he resigned in '74.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Might as well, I'm bored. Here's a couple dates for you.

January 27, 1973 - The last American soldier to die in combat in Vietnam, Lt. Col. William B. Nolde, is killed.

March 29, 1973 - The last remaining American troops withdraw from Vietnam as President Nixon declares "the day we have all worked and prayed for has finally come."
America's longest war, and its first defeat, thus concludes. During 15 years of military involvement, over 2 million Americans served in Vietnam with 500,000 seeing actual combat. 47,244 were killed in action, including 8000 airmen. There were 10,446 non-combat deaths. 153,329 were seriously wounded, including 10,000 amputees. Over 2400 American POWs/MIAs were unaccounted for as of 1973.

April 1, 1973 - Captain Robert White, the last known American POW is released.

P.S. Nixon withdrew the troops from Vietnam and he resigned in '74.

1)Kelton Rena Turner, 18 year old Marine KIA; May 15 1975. The Mayaquez incident.

PS. He was killed in action on May 15, 1975, two weeks after the evacuation of Saigon, in what became known as the Mayaguez incident. Others list Gary L. Hall, Joseph N. Hargrove and Danny G. Marshall as the last to die in Vietnam. These three US Marines Corps veterans were mistakenly left behind on Koh Tang Island during the Mayaguez incident. They were last seen together but unfortunately to date, their fate is unknown.

Last edited:

Club Billiards

Absolute Billiard Service
Silver Member
Someone asked recently in another thread, why don't mechanics just all unite? This thread shows why. There are too many egos. It's not just this industry. It's just human nature, I guess. We all want to be the best and we all want to think we're better than the next guy. Especially in our own area. It would take a major shift in human nature and social behavior to put the overall good of the industry as a whole before our own good. And I can't blame anyone for that. Hell, I've got kids to feed too.

I was at the trade show in Vegas where the 9ft cloth went on the 10ft billiard table. Don and I were in the booth setting up the table. We tried and tried to stretch that cloth on there and couldn't before we realized we had a 9ft cut. We had never worked with 300 Rapide at the time and Glen swore it was the right size. I saw Bob's big arms shaking from stretching that cloth so hard. LOL We still laugh sometimes about seeing Glen 15 minutes later bragging about how HE put that cloth on. I personally don't give a shit. As far as I'm concerned, we ALL (me, Don, Glen, Bob and Pat) had a part in getting that table together. That shows the problem with the our industry. Everyone wants to take credit and not enough people want to give it. That could be something we should all be able to think back on and laugh and say "Hey, you remember that time we..." instead of arguing about who takes the credit for doing it.

On a larger scale, I want to be able to look back 10 years from now, talking with all of you guys about the things we've done and what we've all learned and accoplished together. Not bickering about who did it. If this industry is going to improve, it's going to be because of a collective effort from the elite mechanics. We won't get anywhere fighting each other for the credit.

We have learned a lot from Glen, and our career wouldn't be where it is without him. Hell, we're in Nashville right now recalibrating 6 Pro-Ams to the modern specs because Glen can't get here in time to do it, so gave us the job. LOL There are times I'm glad he has the schedule (or lack of) that he does!!! I do have to do wonder who else would be able to do so much to better the industry as a whole. Yeah sometimes it would be nice to get a little recognition too for what we've done and some of the ideas we've had, but who cares really as long as our customers know that we're going to do the job at or above their expectations.

We do have to watch each others' backs in the meantime until the general public's expectations have been raised to meet the quality of work we're putting out. Just remember that we all grow as a group. One person can't do it all.

QuickEdward

Silver Member
RKC,

You didn't say you were a "Viet Nam era veteran". You said you were a Viet Nam veteran. Nothing is more shameful than pretending to be someone or something you are not. And before you say it was an oversight, remember that you were making the claim to show you had courage.

RKC said:
Bob, I'm a Viet Nam vet, served 9 years in the Army, last 3 with the Rangers...yes, I to have courage...

Regardless of any other arguments related to this thread, I think you owe an apology to the combat veterans that are members of this forum.

- QuickEdward, Gulf War Vet (not Gulf War Era Vet)

realkingcobra

Silver Member
RKC,

You didn't say you were a "Viet Nam era veteran". You said you were a Viet Nam veteran. Nothing is more shameful than pretending to be someone or something you are not. And before you say it was an oversight, remember that you were making the claim to show you had courage.

Regardless of any other arguments related to this thread, I think you owe an apology to the combat veterans that are members of this forum.

Can you f$@ing read???????...or just run your mouth as well!!!

Bob...check your history, Viet Nam wasn't officially over until June 1975 buddy anyone who served in the military before that date served as a Viet Nam era veteran....I'm older than 53...and joined March 13th, 1974 buddy...Viet Nam era veteran...or am I wrong? My first unit was 1st of the 8th Cav, Air Mobile, 1st Cav Div, Ft. Hood, TX.....anything else you'd like to know? And I took, and passed a GED test so I could join the Army at 17...keep trying!! I got out May 20th, 1983...how long did I serve?...vs how long did YOU serve?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
RKC,

If you're going to comment in this thread to me, you should at least read all that I post....before you comment....don't you think?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
RKC,

My military record has nothing to do with this thread, I served my time and got out almost 28 years ago, and have been working on pool tables ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.