2017 Mosconi Cup - Current standings, does U.S.A. have a chance?

pmac666

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
when thats the final standings with hatch and morris then good night!
team USA needs a young team around shane to have a chance again next few yrs!

Last edited:

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Team USA needs a young team WITHOUT Shane to have a chance.

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, they have a chance. Europe will be pretty heavy favourites whatever the make up of the two teams - but every player on that list is good enough to beat anyone in Europe, Asia or anywhere. Also, things could change very quickly in the next year or two. Form, momentum, luck, resolve, understanding of what required to win a team format of an "individual" sport, etc. All these things can change quickly - even in the course of a day. I'd still put money on Europe winning comfortably this year but it's never a given.

pmac666

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

good one...... but in reality, it needs shane to say, that he takes a yr off or 2! and who knows, with 4 youngsters around him he can become the teamleader he is supposed to be!
i also never was much of a teamplayer, but once at a bigger tourney 2 16 or 17 yr old kids asked me to play in the teamevent with them and i was drunk enough to say yes, to make a long story short, we beat one favoured team after another and ended up in the final (which we lost to albins team lol)! it was such a pleasure to guide those kids through this event, so why not same with shane?

Jimbojim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I highly doubt that Shane likes playing in these team events as he probably feels the pressure of not wanting to disappoint his teammates and also I believe he is somewhat too much of an introverted to really bathe in the team spirit. Total opposite of Rodney Morris.

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
With Johan as captain and the next cup being played in Vegas, the US now have a fighting chance I think.
In fact I will predict the betting line will be close to even. So does anyone wanna bet:thumbup:

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
I highly doubt that Shane likes playing in these team events as he probably feels the pressure of not wanting to disappoint his teammates and also I believe he is somewhat too much of an introverted to really bathe in the team spirit. Total opposite of Rodney Morris.

Whether Shane likes playing or not he will never turn down free money, none of them would for that matter...win or lose they're all getting paid to practice

octy81

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

What's wrong with Morris ? Wasn't he the one getting points for USA in the last mosconi cup ? Didn't he beat the unbeatable Shaw? Rodney is an awesome player and shouldn't be overlooked

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dennis Hatch is also playing some pretty good pool right now. Third at Turning Stone and the Expo.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
What's wrong with Morris ? Wasn't he the one getting points for USA in the last mosconi cup ? Didn't he beat the unbeatable Shaw? Rodney is an awesome player and shouldn't be overlooked

Bingo!!!!!! How many points did SVB get? Who of last year's team got the most points?

ed2000

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

no joking when you are the best big table player in the usa..and your getting beat up on all the time and your team see this,,i do think it hurts the team.which on the other hand i think shane gets beat up on so much because he feels like we don't have a chance :( ..so on that note you might be on to something sir ..also i think the coach needs to have a good long talk with shane because i think he the first to feels the pressure because of this. he needs to learn to lead pump up are boys :)

Last edited:

pmac666

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

jup, he did...... but when you look closely it wasnt really a good performance, even in that one match he won he choked about 3 times, was only lucky to get away with it and jayson played far from his standart except last match, when it was basically over already!

pmac666

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane, skyler, billy Thorpe, josh Roberts, Justin Bergman

bingo, thats the only way! only a team for the future can turn things around imo
i really would appreciate a competetive team USA again, it gets boring watching that drama!