1993 Schon Ltd/Bill Stroud

str88shooter

Registered
Trying to find some info on an unusual cue. It is engraved Schon Ltd on one side and Bill Stroud on the other. I believe the shafts that are with it are original and they are signed Schon on the collars indicating a 1993 cue. Has large "ivory flags" with inlayed ebony S's in the butt plate. The forearm has inlayed swords. Any info on this cue greatly appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• 20180609_072309.jpg
    20180609_072309.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 740
Last edited:

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
That’s a cool cue....i don’t see many that I think that about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nice cue! Your pictures are probably too large to download. If you are using Windows 10. you can resize them easily. or you can download a picture resizer.
for Win. 10,

1.Put your pictures into a folder. Open the folder with the picture or pictures you wish to upload. On the upper left corner the word "file" should be highlighted. If not click to select the file tab
2. Now check / highlight the picture you want. this will now make the "edit" option to the right in the properties box active.

3. Click on the word "edit" and it will open a new window.
In the second box from the left (on mine anyway) you will see the option to "resize" and also "rotate" if you also wish to do that as well.

4. Click "resize" you are offered a few choices now on how you would like to resize your picture. I personally choose "percentage" and "maintain aspect ratio"

5. Now click on the box that say's "100" and highlight the 100 and type in a value to change it to. (I have found that by setting my percentage to %60 they always upload and look fairly large) once you choose a percentage to change it too, click on "OK" this will change the look of your picture on the screen.

6. Now you can click on "file" in the left upper corner of this box and make a choice such as "save" "save as" etc. for this I just choose "save" Now my picture is %60 of it's original size. You can also just X out of the picture and an you should be asked what you want to do before it will close giving you another way to choose to save also.

Now if you have reduced the size sufficiently, it will upload here without any further issues.

A special Thanks to the guy's who helped me out with this very issue just recently,
Thanks Guy's!

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So what is the story
did schon make the cue for another Bill Stroud than the cue maker
that we know so well?

str88shooter

Registered
That answers one question. If Mr. Stroud is unaware of the cue that is disappointing but I would still love to hear if Evan Clarke remembers any details about the cue. I mainly loved the cue because of the fact that I owned probably 20 JW cues in the 70's. I was a full time player and Strouds cues were about all that I played with. In the last 20 years or so my main playing cues have been Schons so it was a natural to be drawn to this cue. Any more info would be greatly appreciated. It's a super cue either way - a great playing cue - dead straight in about 90% condition and not for sale regardless. I believe there is more to this cues story. Thanks much

kntbeach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure if it is the same one but one just like it was on Ebay a couple of weeks ago. You could look at finished items and take a look.