Want To Buy 12 oz Snooker Cue Ball

Carl Hungness

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have two snooker cue balls, one weighs about 12.7, the other is about 13.7. I want to buy another 12.7 and the suppliers I have spoken with in the US don't know what I'm talking about. In fact, I can't seem to locate one who can replace the small snooker balls either. Have written to Aramith with no reply. Looking for suggestions.

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know this is an old post, maybe you got your answer already. But I'm curious: I have no idea what units of weight you are using. For example, an American pool ball (or my 2 1/4" snooker balls) weigh 5.8 oz., which is equal to 165 grams. So, what you are looking for, 12.7 what?

Cheers,

jv

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I know this is an old post, maybe you got your answer already. But I'm curious: I have no idea what units of weight you are using. For example, an American pool ball (or my 2 1/4" snooker balls) weigh 5.8 oz., which is equal to 165 grams. So, what you are looking for, 12.7 what? ...
Unless I slipped a decimal point, if you make a snooker ball out of stainless steel, it ends up about 12.7 ounces. Cast phenolic, not so much.